Player Discussion Chris Kreider

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
You have no idea of what these kids will be like. And pontificating on salary structure of a team that has yet to be more fully formed seems silly.

Oh and Kreider can be more than awesome for more than 3 years

We don't, but we all better hope these kids hit their potential for the decade of fantastic hockey which would occur if that were to happen.

I'm still just not so sure Kreider stays this awesome for more than three more years. I'm really not sold on that and it's silly for you to 100% bank on that.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We don't, but we all better hope these kids hit their potential for the decade of fantastic hockey which would occur if that were to happen.
The success of the rebuild is not predicated on every single kid hitting their full potential. I'm still just not so sure
Kreider stays this awesome for more than three more years. I'm really not sold on that and it's silly for you to 100% bank on that.
Pretty silly to also bank on him being good for 3 more years. At the rate you are going, the conversations to trade ZBad will begin next year, with Panarin being shortly thereafter.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The success of the rebuild is not predicated on every single kid hitting their full potential. I'm still just not so sure
Pretty silly to also bank on him being good for 3 more years. At the rate you are going, the conversations to trade ZBad will begin next year, with Panarin being shortly thereafter.

Ok, I definitely never said EVERY kid, I listed a small group which, as I stated, will cost a f*ck-ton of money to keep if they hit their potentials.

- I'm a HUGE Zbad & Bread fan, so let's not get off track with the bullshit. I think Kreider will be great for a few more years but I feel his new deal is just not worth the future risk here. Kreider.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ok, I definitely never said EVERY kid, I listed a small group which, as I stated, will cost a f*ck-ton of money to keep if they hit their potentials.
You are worried about an abstract. You currently have NO idea if ANY of these kids will hit their potential. Sure, if most of them do, it will cost money. But chances are that not nearly as many will as you believe.
- I'm a HUGE Zbad & Bread fan, so let's not get off track with the bullshit. I think Kreider will be great for a few more years but I feel his new deal is just not worth the future risk here. Kreider.
It is not off track. If you have these concerns about Kreider, how can you possibly not have the identical concerns in two years when ZBad's contract up? You think that Krieder is expensive? Wait until you see that ask. And again, given the length of it, explain how you can possibly not have the same concerns?

BTW, how much will a 32 year old Panarin be making?

Reactions: jas

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s getting tough now. Win tonight, they can be three points out of a playoff spot with 2 games in hand, if Columbus and Carolina lose. A lot of teams are coming down to earth while the Rangers are surging. Kreider has been a big part of the resurgence. This cannot be an easy decision for management like a typical no brainer to sell at the deadline. But CK deserves his contract. So cannot fault him either.

Last edited:

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
You are worried about an abstract. You currently have NO idea if ANY of these kids will hit their potential. Sure, if most of them do, it will cost money. But chances are that not nearly as many will as you believe.

It is not off track. If you have these concerns about Kreider, how can you possibly not have the identical concerns in two years when ZBad's contract up? You think that Krieder is expensive? Wait until you see that ask. And again, given the length of it, explain how you can possibly not have the same concerns?

BTW, how much will a 32 year old Panarin be making?

I think we'll see some sink, of course, never said everyone will succeed. I just think enough will rise to make this Kreider signing hurt us in the future.

It is, you're creating an ancillary argument. Again, I'm talking about Chris Kreider. Bread and Zbad are INFINITELY more important than him. I have no desire to want Mika out when his amazing deal is up. And it goes back to who will sink or swim out of the kids by then? The new Kreider deal shouldn't be part of this teams future. It just stinks to me.

I love bread and he's about to score the most points any ranger has scored in 14 years. I'm enjoying the ride and in three years we SHOULD see a substantial cap rise with Seattle, no?

Last edited:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Zib is a bonafide 1C at this point and is 2 years younger than Kreider. Panarin is a top 5 player in the league. I love Kreider, but his career high is 53 points. Obviously points aren’t everything, but the other two are just as good, if not better, all around players as Kreider. This is a ludicrous conversation to be having.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
It truly amazes me how you manage to have the worst possible opinion on every topic.

The purge of this roster started in 2017 and yet still continues til this day brainiac so unless you have something worth discussing, feel free to hit the ignore button whenever you like..

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's years away and we'll have more time to gauge the direction these kids are going in.

Come awn.
By years, you mean two. He is 26 now. Kreider is 28 and there is a viewpoint to as to how he holds up during the next contract. I would like to know why there is no such concern about ZBad? The Rangers should just be entering their window.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
All signs seem to point to the Rangers refusing to go 7 years

I think the offer is 6.5 x 6, with an off chance of going up to 6.75

Wouldn't surprise me if Kreider is looking for more than 7x7

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad