Player Discussion Chris Kreider

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Could see the Rangers asking price too high, the deadline passes and Kreider says he’s not talking contract until the end of the year.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I think they find a way to resign Kreider. That said, I know everyone keeps bringing up 7x7 for CK as the ask. But don't you think if he made it to FA a few teams might be willing to offer closer to 8m?

I expect he gets 8m on the open market as well.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I feel more confident in him being resigned than I did a week ago. All comes down to if they can compromise in between. The offers don’t look that good. Boston has nothing I wanted and Colorado sis in a great position to get him for half the price so obviously I don’t want that either

Reactions: SirGoose

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Either we resign him or get a subpar return. Boston is out, isles never seemed like a possibility, Colorado has more leverage now to try and fleece us. With their injuries they could easily stand pat and just decide it isn’t worth trading any important prospects for a rental

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Can Kravtsov get to the NHL first before we start worrying about his contract extension?

I know they'll be cost controlled for a while, but not 4 + years from now, that's what I'm worried about. Just don't want to lose any of them so Chris Kreider can be awesome for three more years.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Boston being out on him is pretty high on the list of things that I did not want to read today.
Eh they couldn’t afford him anyway. With Strudnicka as an untouchable, what were we gonna get back from them? 31st overall pick and? They couldn’t meet what we were asking for

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Either we resign him or get a subpar return. Boston is out, isles never seemed like a possibility, Colorado has more leverage now to try and fleece us. With their injuries they could easily stand pat and just decide it isn’t worth trading any important prospects for a rental

There are more teams in on him than that.

I get that you want him to stay, but it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that hes staying than honestly looking at the current situation.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
8-8.5 seems like what he's worth, if you look around. From his point of view all he has to do is see what his teammates did in free-agency. I'd hope, even at that cost, they keep him.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
There are more teams in on him than that.

I get that you want him to stay, but it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that hes staying than honestly looking at the current situation.
Not really. I know there are/were 5 teams Colorado , isles,Boston(dropped out) Washington, St. Louis. I’m not trying to convince myself of anything so making silly assumptions is not right..I wouldn’t do it to you. I think I’ve been very fair about the situation. I never said we should give him anything he wants. In fact I’ve also said if we got a good pick like the devils got for a Hall then go for it. Look I understand we have different opinions about this subject but like I said don’t make assumptions about what I’m thinking because it’s wrong and I don’t do it to you

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Eh they couldn’t afford him anyway. With Strudnicka as an untouchable, what were we gonna get back from them? 31st overall pick and? They couldn’t meet what we were asking for

Their 1st + Beecher + a small add would of been fine by me.

Even if they win the President's trophy, the pick could be anywhere from 24-31.

Reactions: Off Sides

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I wonder if going to the Islanders is the option that most likely leads to Kreider re-signing with the Rangers in July. He wouldn't even need to move closets. Just show up to a different office for the next four months.

On second thought, probably not. If the Rangers aren't willing to sign Kreider for market price now, they won't in July.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
8-8.5 seems like what he's worth, if you look around. From his point of view all he has to do is see what his teammates did in free-agency. I'd hope, even at that cost, they keep him.

If that’s the asking price, that would meet the definition of significant gap and the Rangers will not be signing him.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
JG has the MO of asking too high and waiting until the very last second every TDL since he's been here.
You don't think every GM in the league knows this by now?
Kreids should've been traded last year.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know they'll be cost controlled for a while, but not 4 + years from now, that's what I'm worried about. Just don't want to lose any of them so Chris Kreider can be awesome for three more years.
You have no idea of what these kids will be like. And pontificating on salary structure of a team that has yet to be more fully formed seems silly.

Oh and Kreider can be more than awesome for more than 3 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad