Kreider
Keane

For

Scandella
Girgensons
Thompson
2020 2nd

Work?

First off, Scandella and Girgensons are pending UFAs, and I don't think they have more value than maybe a 3rd at best. Would think the Sabres would rather have Girgensons as a depth piece.

Tage Thompson is a very nice piece and the 2nd is what it is. Don't think the Sabres are a franchise that would move Thompson for a rental. He was the biggest non draft selection in the O'Reilly deal.

As for Kreider, it's a smaller deal with him moving out that happens.

Joey Keane is a guy the Rangers might have blocked for now, but he's progressed very nicely and young RHD have more value than most players, especially one with an offensive acumen.

Not sure these teams match up on this kind of a trade.

Reactions: slg1963

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I hope not. I can see it be Poolparty and a 2ed and that would be awful return for Kreider

That would actually be a pretty solid return tbh. Puljujarvi would add some size we are losing with Kreider. Also, the closer to the deadline it goes, the longer Puljujarvi plays in LIIGA and builds a resume and his confidence.

He'd fit right in the age range for the Rangers young players too.

Reactions: Kallio

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Pool Party isnt very good. I rather have someone who is mor of a complete player like a Lawson Crouse, Max Jones, Troy Terry, Sam Steel type of return

Reactions: Shootertooter

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I would do the same as last time. 1st + 2nd (that turns into a first if they win the cop this season or next).

Avs fans probably decline this but Kreider plus 2020 2nd round and 2021 2nd round pick for Newhook. Those would be presumably high second rounders.
Rangers won’t have their 2nd round pick this year if Fox plays 23 more games.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Have you guys seen Kreider this year? Easily take Pool party. Team that will sign Kreider to a big contract will regret it.

Quinn put him and Zib back together starting tonight. I think that wakes him up a little.
Pulju isn't a very good hockey player at this point. I don;t think NY will try to re sign Kreider after this season, it makes no sense to trade for a bad player. Kreider will be more valuable at the TDL. With guys in the system like Chytil and Kravtsov, Pilju had little value to NY. We need a solid 2/3C. At this point, if Kreider was moved now, the return would have to be a youngish 2/3C and the reality of a 2C coming back is nil.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Quinn put him and Zib back together starting tonight. I think that wakes him up a little.
Pulju isn't a very good hockey player at this point. I don;t think NY will try to re sign Kreider after this season, it makes no sense to trade for a bad player. Kreider will be more valuable at the TDL. With guys in the system like Chytil and Kravtsov, Pilju had little value to NY. We need a solid 2/3C. At this point, if Kreider was moved now, the return would have to be a youngish 2/3C and the reality of a 2C coming back is nil.
No way he is getting a 2c in return this year without a decent add. Also pretty much done deal he isnt resigning. Rangers sat down with him and his agent in the off season to go over what he was expecting. It was a short meeting and they havent talked contracts since. No part of that says extension before deadline.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
No way he is getting a 2c in return this year without a decent add. Also pretty much done deal he isnt resigning. Rangers sat down with him and his agent in the off season to go over what he was expecting. It was a short meeting and they havent talked contracts since. No part of that says extension before deadline.

I think you just summarized what I said?
The chance for a 2C in return for him is nil. Check
I don't think NYR will try to re sign him. Check
No part of what I said suggested an extension. Check.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Remember Tampa has 2x first rounders (Vancouver is conditional)

Tampa could easily part with 1 of them and a respectable prospect.

I think unless Kreider hits 60plus points then a late 1st and mid prospect is the aim.

Over 60 points maybe he could pull a you bottom 6 forward on top similar to Lemieux's level

Don’t see Tampa doing that. For starters Palat looks to be healthy and productive for the first time in years so if he can stay that way he already gives our forward depth a huge boost. We’re also facing a major cap crunch starting next summer and will need our top picks and prospects as we attempt to navigate it, both to help us clear cap space and to replace the cap casualties we’ll be losing. Finally Yzerman was never a fan of overpaying for rentals and while BriseBois may have other ideas my money is still on him focusing on long term competitiveness over going “all in” in a single year. We had the best regular season team of the cap era last season and got swept in the first round of the playoffs; unless you think Kreider would have changed that outcome I don’t see what adding him this year is going to do for us.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
For the first time I think Kreider might be dealt. A Kreider deal is tricky. He has a modified NTC. You want to deal him with a team off to a good start but has the ability to fall apart.

The Rangers have many deals they could make.

Fast and Nieves to Oilers for Benson and a 2nd. Fast is absolutely the perfect Tippett player. If you don't watch him you won't know he's an elite role player. He's exactly what Tippett loves in a player. Nieves can probably be a good 4th line player with Tippett.

Buchnevich to the Wild for Greenway and a 2nd. Better fit for both teams.

As far as Kreider.

Maybe Kreider to the Ducks for 1st and Comtois. I've always felt Kreider with his skating would be a great fit elsewhere. Let's face it. The garden ice is among the worst in all of hockey.

Er… our top forward prospect (which we have few of) and a 2nd for good role player and a probable 4th liner? That isn't exactly enticing for the Oilers, or any team for that matter.

Reactions: Ken Lund

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I hope not. I can see it be Poolparty and a 2ed and that would be awful return for Kreider

Before the season started I said there was no chance the Oilers cough up assets for a rental. Now that they've had a crazy hot start there may be an appetite for a deal involving Kreider. Although the Oilers have a lot of wins most fans understand this can't gloss over the massive holes in our line up. Kreider would certainly help, easily bumping Chaisson down to the bottom 6 and probably moving Neal over to RW.

Or of Kreider can play RW he could be on the top line with Draisaitl and McDavid.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Kreider to Boston for 2020 1st and Jacob Lauko

That team would be scary in the playoffs

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Kreider
Bjork - Coyle - Heinen
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner/Ritchie

4 lines that go hard at you.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Man whoever trades for him is going to be forced to pay atleast 7 a year to retain him past this season and whoever does that is going to regret it big time. Kreider is almost 29 and is a 50 point player I don't know if I'd want to spend anything signifcant on a guy like that.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Man whoever trades for him is going to be forced to pay atleast 7 a year to retain him past this season and whoever does that is going to regret it big time. Kreider is almost 29 and is a 50 point player I don't know if I'd want to spend anything signifcant on a guy like that.

Kreider is a physical fitness nut. Even if he loses a step at 33-35, he still will be one of the faster skaters in the league. Considering many of the young players go to train with Kreider in the summer, that might play into the Rangers keeping him. I think that has value to the organization. He's like a player/fitness coach. I see him scoring 25+ goals when he's 34 because of his fitness. I would keep Kreider. After next year Smith, Staal and Lundqvist are off the books. That's 18.5 off the books. With so many young players, they should be in good cap shape.

Reactions: bernmeister

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Bjork - Coyle - Heinen

You don't want Kreider playing on the right side. He's primarily a LW'r.

Reactions: Ori

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I would not be surprised if the Sharks were interested, given our ongoing need for a top 6 winger. What we’d offer, though, I have absolutely no idea.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

Bjork - Coyle - Heinen

Looks good on paper but showing what you can do on the ice is more important

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
If he resigned with Buffalo I’d offer Scandella, Pilut, 2020 2nd? I’m sure Buffalo fans will crush me for offering LP but Buffalo has some nice depth on the team and in prospects pool.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Why, though? Zboril and Senyshyn don't look like NHL calibre players. Why not try to get something better, like you did with Hajek?

From Boston I would ask for Gryz straight up.

Or I get the 1st+ from Tampa.

Kreider has a cap hit of 4.625 and has topped out at 53 pts. He is looking for a big contract next year as a 29 year old, so this is probably his last kick at the can. Bruins would have to move out same money or get close enough. Moving just kids making very little does not help the Bruins situation.

They need to sign Krug next year or trade him. They may want to hold onto Grizz. They could afford to pay Kreider long term if they trade Krug in summer.

Kevan Miller has a 2.5 million cap hit and is about to return and does not look to have a future with Boston. Rangers could use a tough guy like Miller. Seeing how Lundqvist needs protection and Miller can fight and hits like a rock.

Zboril (863,333 cap) is the best dee prospect in the system and NHL ready. On at least half the teams in the league he would be playing, same for Lauzon. Bruins have a tough dee core to crack and have a few they can spare to trade.

Senyshyn is capable of playing now on a 3rd or 4th line. He is Kreider fast and has size. With the Bruins team it is not easy to find a spot. Top line and 4th lines are near perfect.

Miller helps the Bruins bottom line better at 2.5. Add in Senyshyn at (863,333) and Zboril (863,333) = 4,226,666, maybe throw in a mid pick. Maybe Frederic is the guy they want.

Just throwing ideas out there, Bruins have a lot of dee, that is where they can afford to move guys.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What would Boston trade if the Rangers took Backes in return with money retained by Boston? Say 50%? They made a similar deal when Nash went to Boston when they took Beleseky. Would it be worthwhile for the Rangers to use Backes as a veteran 4th liner for this year and next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad