Value of: Chris Kreider

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Next year is too much of a gamble for CK. Hell, he could get injured during the season and then they get nothing for him.

Right now, you know what you're getting. 16th+20th gives Gorton the ammo he might need to move up as well. Now's the perfect time to trade CK. Not during the deadline.
Yeah now is when you want to but if you wanted picks last deadline was when he had highest value. I'm sure you could use him to move up or get a decent prospect .

it's just always a bad time to trade for picks before the draft it's better to bet on a team being bad / when they aren't at their premium

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Ck for the 16th and Greer it's a perfect deal to do before the draft. Done deal guys.

Then rangers can deal 20th and 16th to move into the top 10 and get our center of the future with kakko. Plus it frees up cap space if we really decide we want to go after panarin or hall(next year)

Reactions: Perratrooper

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Your post has a big flaw (well, multiple, but a really big one), Kreider's current contract is an SPC. Kreider can't be signed until the start of his final year (July 1st). So while I'm sure there's been some talk, we can't use the approach of Kreider refusing to sign so we're going to deal him out. That means all teams who inquire trading for Kreider cannot get an extended Kreider.

thanks for the legit correction

that said, should not change Rangers overall approach.
I didn't say that had to sign him by July 1 or the universe implodes.

Hands may be tied until July 1 post June draft, but this is not like coupla years ago when timing and situation of Talbot could not be signed until Jan 1 at earliest caused issues.

AreUmadBro96

May 27, 2019
I'd love to have him but if newhook or broberg are there at 15, for me that's a no go as far as giving up out first. What would nyr want added to a mid first tho?

I have to think Broberg is gone within top 10, what about Lehkonen and a 2nd?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kreider / #20, for 15th / 1st 2020 (top 5 protected)

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Hayes is younger, scored more points last year and is better defensively. So no, Kreider is not the better player.

If you think Hayes is a better player than Kreider, you know nothing about hockey. You embarrassed yourself. Hayes is soft, more inconsistent than Kreider and is not better defensively. There was a reason Gorton who is a great GM traded Hayes and not Kreider. He has forgotten more about evaluating hockey players than all of us will ever know.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
If you think Hayes is a better player than Kreider, you know nothing about hockey. You embarrassed yourself. Hayes is soft, more inconsistent than Kreider and is not better defensively. There was a reason Gorton who is a great GM traded Hayes and not Kreider. He has forgotten more about evaluating hockey players than all of us will ever know.
Well that's your opinion. Hayes plays the more valuable position and was a valuable chip at the deadline. I like Kreider and his contributions are indeed more than points, but he takes many shifts/games off. Hes a solid 2nd line winger althat plays 1st line for the Rangers because they dont have anyone better yet. He'll return less than Hayes got, just wait and see.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
a first and a prospect is pretty decent value for a perennial Calder Trophy candidate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad