Value of: Chris Kreider

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
I would easily pass on either and keep the 3rd.

No personal offense meant here, but this is a perfect example of why HF annoys me at times, and why I occasionally need to step away from the keyboard for a couple of weeks.

The snarky manner in which people post leads to countless and unnecessary back and forth garbage. It is OK for posters to refrain from responding to every silly/outrageous comment with a nasty/cutting one of their own.

A third of all posts on the site are either an offensive comment or one replying to the same.

I am not even certain if this comment is one-though it sure as heck reads like it...either way, my initial reaction as a Ranger fan was to say, "F* off...you would be lucky to get a player as good as Zib with 3rd overall..."

However, instead of ignoring I wrote this drivel.

Now go F*....

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
But he still asked a question in which you danced around, so maybe if you actually answered it instead of moving the goalposts, he wouldn't have answered it.

There's only one Ranger fan who truly believes Kreider or Zibanejad is worth a top-3 overall pick and that's bernmeister, who all Ranger fans on here advise everyone else to take his posts with a grain of salt because a lot of his tales are so far out there that we don't even know where to start, as Ranger fans.

If you're going to lump other Ranger fans with bernmeister, then expect the responses that you have gotten and most likely will continue to receive.
Post 53. I guess you can add him to the list with bernmeister's belief. And i know of another that goes by machinehead

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
No personal offense meant here, but this is a perfect example of why HF annoys me at times, and why I occasionally need to step away from the keyboard for a couple of weeks.

The snarky manner in which people post leads to countless and unnecessary back and forth garbage. It is OK for posters to refrain from responding to every silly/outrageous comment with a nasty/cutting one of their own.

A third of all posts on the site are either an offensive comment or one replying to the same.

I am not even certain if this comment is one-though it sure as heck reads like it...either way, my initial reaction as a Ranger fan was to say, "F* off...you would be lucky to get a player as good as Zib with 3rd overall..."

However, instead of ignoring I wrote this drivel.

Now go F*....
Some people are just nasty. I guess you can't fix stupid or ignorant.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Alone, I’d say he’s worth a pick in the 10-12 range this year. Obviously he isn’t going to the Islanders. If a player the Rangers love falls to 10 at the Oilers pick, I could see a deal that makes sense. Kreider would be a fantastic winger for McDavid.

Realistically, I see Zucc moved for a mid-1st, not Kreider.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I just wanted to add a comment from Ranger fan's point of view.

If you watched him more often than I assume you do, you might be more understanding why many "of us" would not want to see him traded unless it was for a huge return.

Even after watching him for years in the NHL, (and before on my case, as I am a BC grad and Kreider was a 3 yr player for the Eagles), he still leaves hints of "figuring it out" and exploding for 40+ goals.

He is visually as dominant as a young Alex Kovalev or late 20's/early 30's Messier when he is on the ice.

When truly involved in a game and playing with a little anger, he seems physically unstoppable. Considering is one of the faster players in the League, I would ask if there is any player in that group attached to anything remotely similar in the freight-train of a body as he has. Players fall off of him...NHL players.

And yet, he can disappear for weeks on end. However, those stretches are growing shorter and rarer altogether.

The bottom line is there is still a very real possibility that he does find that next level and becomes an absolute first-line wrecking ball. Ranger fans have seem too many young Rangers sent away for expiration-date stars or picks/players that turned into nothing.

As such, he is worth "more than you want to give...," and a mid-late first rounder is not going to do it.

I absolutely get that so I understand why the Rangers would want to keep him, I just don't think any team would ante up based on a long-shot for an explosion in production.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
I absolutely get that so I understand why the Rangers would want to keep him, I just don't think any team would ante up based on a long-shot for an explosion in production.

I completely agree. No Fan or GM would move a Top 3 for Kreider.

Cheers

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Alone, I’d say he’s worth a pick in the 10-12 range this year. Obviously he isn’t going to the Islanders. If a player the Rangers love falls to 10 at the Oilers pick, I could see a deal that makes sense. Kreider would be a fantastic winger for McDavid.

Realistically, I see Zucc moved for a mid-1st, not Kreider.

Disagree.
He commands way more than close to mid level 1st.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
There are players that GM’s would move for:

1). Less than market value
2). Market value
3). Above market value

The fact that, literally, every single Rangers fan isn’t willing to accept 1 or 2 should tell you something about Kreider.

I can confidently say if he was on your team, you would say the same.
Ok. Keep him, and keep waiting for the offensive explosion which is imminent.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Ok. Keep him, and keep waiting for the offensive explosion which is imminent.

Who said I was waiting for an offensive explosion?

And yea, we’ll happily keep him.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Machinehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad