Value of: Chris Kreider

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
^^^ Rangers fans will tell you he’s not available for anything short of a top three pick, and some of them even then would say no.

Maybe I don’t watch him enough but I’m not sure how a 27 year old winger with one 50 point season has that much value...

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Pete Chiarelli offers up Osacr Klefbom, one for one to complete the NYC area heists.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
^^^ Rangers fans will tell you he’s not available for anything short of a top three pick, and some of them even then would say no.

Maybe I don’t watch him enough but I’m not sure how a 27 year old winger with one 50 point season has that much value...
I’m a Rangers fan and I’m not saying he’s worth a top-3 pick.

Don’t group all together.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Ranger fan as well not saying we would be expecting anything crazy like a top 3 but we see his value a bit higher then his stats show and what the rest of the league would see as fair value. He is one of those players that we are still expecting to break out, get into that 30-40goal range. He is one of those players you don’t trade at fair value. Understood if the argument is why would anyone trade him for more then fair value now which is why they should just hold on to him and see what happens

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

He’s a great possession player who battles hard and is a leader, likely our next captain before Lias steps into the role. We are short on wingers as well and he still is young enough to fit the core. Him and Zibanejad have insane chemistry (part of the reason for Zibs improved play this year) and at the end of the year when everyone was traded, he played his best hockey I’ve seen him play. His IQ has improved and he’s molded into a bit of a playmaker instead of having tunnel vision like every other year where he’d just skate in a straight line once he got the puck and either dumped it or shot it into the goalies chest. Also a great playoff performer. We have 0 reason to trade him and we love him here, if you want him be prepared to pay an overpayment. Doubt a team gives us what we want for him though so we’ll just keep him. I was a big fan of trading Kreider before the deadline, after it? Not at all, unless somehow next year he’s back to low IQ Kreider I don’t want him gone

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Not exactly the same player, but Lucic was close in age and paid about 1.3-1.4m AAV more with only one year when he was traded to the Kings in 2015. Kreider has two more seasons on his contract after this one and it's not inconceivable that the next year or two end up being prime years for him (provided he can stay relatively healthy).

If that trade is a reasonable basis to judge value then it's:
Mid-1st
"Trial" starting goaltender (I believe at the time it was seen as a somewhat safe gamble at the time, not unlike Raanta or Darling this past offseason?)
Whatever-Colin-Miller-Was-At-The-Time (5th rd. RHD, now has 42ish points in 80ish games with Vegas--don't want to judge with too much hindsight here, but if that's upside reached then...)

Darling was traded for a 3rd round pick and Raanta was part of the package that sent Stepan to Arizona for a 7th OA and Anthony DeAngelo (who was traded from TBL to ARI for IIRC a 2nd used to select Hajek who was traded back to the Rangers lmao). I'm going to call that 2nd-3rdish round value for the Jones piece.

I found an article from the Boston area saying that at the time of the expansion draft Miller was (paraphrasing) a guy with offensive upside but big defensive questions (Hurley: Why The Bruins Screwed Up In Losing Colin Miller To Expansion Draft). An article from Maple Leafs nations seems to somewhat echo that sentiment ("eye testers" beware: Why the Leafs should consider a trade for Colin Miller). Can we call that another 2nd?

So the question after all that is: am I way off in comparing these two player values? I'd guess Kreider is faster now than Lucic was then, and without the proclivity for fighting and spearing, but still both are top-6 guys that can compliment good offensive players. 2nd question: If the comparison is decent, at least, what's the value on the extra two years at an extremely reasonable cap hit?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

To the Rangers he is important. In his absence last year due to blood clot the team was very very bad. With him offensively they are completely different team.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Is he available?
If so, how much is he worth?
Not available for = value, requires so much offered it can't be refused.

I could see a team giving up a mid/late 1st for him at the draft
For a guy who has proven he can dominate stretches of a game?
Not even close.

#2 or 3OA would be hard to turn down.
But I would prefer to keep Kreider and reluctantly send Zib to Habs for 3OA

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Not available for = value, requires so much offered it can't be refused.

For a guy who has proven he can dominate stretches of a game?
Not even close.

#2 or 3OA would be hard to turn down.
But I would prefer to keep Kreider and reluctantly send Zib to Habs for 3OA

Best of luck with all of that! :laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
10th Overall pick from the Oilers for Krieder and Namestnikov?
No AINEC.
Kreider = more than Zib, Zib = 3OA.
However, 1OA not available + it would take big add w/CK to go to 2OA.

For years people wanted Kreider cheap, not happening now either.

As to Namest., NY adds to get 10OA.
Any 3 of Namest. Spooner DeAngelo and Pionk get it done.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
No AINEC.

We are not trading Pionk at this time , could be a diamond in the rough .

Reactions: Shootertooter

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
No AINEC.

I think that Pionk is currently slotted in as the 2 pair RHD. I do not think the Rangers move him under any circumstance other than a real blockbuster trade with multiple pieces or to get a real#1 RHD, I just don't see it.
DeAngelo might be a more realistic piece to move but that would mean Gorton is acknowledging that the deal he made with AZ was a loss. I also don't think he will be moved before the beginning of the next season unless he is garbage in camp.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
No AINEC.

I am not sure 3OA for Zibanejad will have a lot of takers. Just my opinion though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad