Chris Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Thats a load of crap. I never saw him called a bust.

I did see a lot of criticism regarding his actual play vs. the absurd expectations placed on him (like perennial 30/30 guy out of the gate).
Oh please. The word bust was used quite often, if you think you never saw him called a bust you're lying to yourself

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
And now people want to trade him :laugh:

Jesus christ. It's like no young player has ever struggled.

The only reason I wouldnt trade Kreider is because the Rangers continue to be painfully thin on LW.

He has by no means separated himself as some sort of sacred cow. I think Hagelin is just a valuable if not more so.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Oh please. The word bust was used quite often, if you think you never saw him called a bust you're lying to yourself

I'd love to see you explain how this isn't you accusing others of calling him a bust.

He was frequently called a bust during the one year period after the 2012 playoffs in the AHL up until his final call up last season

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I'd love to see you explain how this isn't you accusing others of calling him a bust.
My post literally says that others called him a bust. Then I go on to say people called him a bust. So I never claimed I didn't accuse others of calling him a bust, considering I did it twice!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The only reason I wouldnt trade Kreider is because the Rangers continue to be painfully thin on LW.

He has by no means separated himself as some sort of sacred cow. I think Hagelin is just a valuable if not more so.

I'd trade most of the players on this team for an overpayment.

And he kind of has.......he's integral to our speed game, probably the biggest forward on the team, and he just had 13 in 15 in the playoffs. Why is it one cold streak has put him in this dog house? I'm not saying you should be happy he's not playing well, but jesus christ, what's with the discussion of trading him?

And the bolded......erm.....I disagree. I'll leave it at that.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I'd trade most of the players on this team for an overpayment.

And he kind of has.......he's integral to our speed game, probably the biggest forward on the team, and he just had 13 in 15 in the playoffs. Why is it one cold streak has put him in this dog house? I'm not saying you should be happy he's not playing well, but jesus christ, what's with the discussion of trading him?

Its not one cold streak. He has a tendency to disappear at the first hint of adversity. A guy with his size and speed shouldn't be invisible for weeks on end. It just shouldn't happen.

Im not one to advocate trading him, but I dont think hes a smart player and hes extraordinarily frustrating to watch.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Its not one cold streak. He has a tendency to disappear at the first hint of adversity. A guy with his size and speed shouldn't be invisible for weeks on end. It just shouldn't happen.

Im not one to advocate trading him, but I dont think hes a smart player and hes extraordinarily frustrating to watch.

Kreider very much has a problem with harnessing his own strength, and going cold when he does something dumb (Brodin hit). But "first hint of adversity" is serious hyperbole.

"Invisible for weeks on end" is a complete exaggeration, and you know it.

It's like Kreider's struggles get magnified more than anyone else on the roster.

It's also naive to believe he's done growing as a player.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I'd like to see him play more like a power forward who uses his size and speed to create havoc and I have not seen enough of that this season.

Also what is the deal with the broadcasters saying stuff like he is seeking advice on how to play without going over the line? Who knows where this mythical line is? The officials move the line every game, some games it's a penalty, some games it's not.

Last edited:

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ

You got that right.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
What?

Have you read this thread? People are calling to trade him.....

Until now, he has been bulletproof. A streak like he is on will bring more to the table.

There are very few players that cause people here to change their name. He is one of them. He is beloved on potential.

This is why some still defend him, no matter how sub-standard his game.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Bruins fans sometimes ***** about Lucic in the regular season. Lucic is an animal in the playoffs though. Somewhat comparable to Claude Lemieux only a much better fighter.

Comparing Krieder to Kovalev is just off--apart from the fact that Kovalev in a completely different way was just as frustrating a player to watch. Kovalev could do things with the puck that Kreider (who has pretty good hand skills) couldn't dream of doing. Kovalev also had a very bad habit of skating off with the puck--dipsy doodling around the rink for no apparent reason and to no effect.

Comparing Kovalev to Kreider stat-wise is just as ****ed. Talking just different eras. There were actually multiples of players scoring 100 points regularly season to season in Kovalev's time. Only one or two a season nowadays. 25 goals these days is worth about 35 back then. To even be a 4th liner these days you have to be able to really skate, play defense and keep the shorthanded situations to a minimum. In Kovalev's time at least half of the fourth liners were on their teams to beat somebody on the opposition up.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Until now, he has been bulletproof. A streak like he is on will bring more to the table.

There are very few players that cause people her to change their name. He is one of the. He is beloved on potential.

This is why some still defend him, no matter how sub-standard his game.

Agree with all of this.

I think some people here are so starved for a homegrown scorer that they are blinded by potential.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Kreider very much has a problem with harnessing his own strength, and going cold when he does something dumb (Brodin hit). But "first hint of adversity" is serious hyperbole.

"Invisible for weeks on end" is a complete exaggeration, and you know it.

It's like Kreider's struggles get magnified more than anyone else on the roster.

It's also naive to believe he's done growing as a player.
Lundqvist gets criticized tenfold more than Kreider. Staal is ripped incessantly. Girardi and Klein, too.

Last year, Nash was vilified. Callahan used to get villified.

Kreider has gotten a virtual free pass compared to those players.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Lundqvist gets criticized tenfold more than Kreider. Staal is ripped incessantly. Girardi and Klein, too.

Last year, Nash was vilified. Callahan used to get villified.

Kreider has gotten a virtual free pass compared to those players.

Chris Kreider makes less than $2.5 million. If he scores 40 points. That's a deal.

coolbreeze callahan

Dec 7, 2014
Bruins fans sometimes ***** about Lucic in the regular season. Lucic is an animal in the playoffs though. Somewhat comparable to Claude Lemieux only a much better fighter.

Comparing Krieder to Kovalev is just off--apart from the fact that Kovalev in a completely different way was just as frustrating a player to watch. Kovalev could do things with the puck that Kreider (who has pretty good hand skills) couldn't dream of doing. Kovalev also had a very bad habit of skating off with the puck--dipsy doodling around the rink for no apparent reason and to no effect.

Comparing Kovalev to Kreider stat-wise is just as ****ed. Talking just different eras. There were actually multiples of players scoring 100 points regularly season to season in Kovalev's time. Only one or two a season nowadays. 25 goals these days is worth about 35 back then. To even be a 4th liner these days you have to be able to really skate, play defense and keep the shorthanded situations to a minimum. In Kovalev's time at least half of the fourth liners were on their teams to beat somebody on the opposition up.

Pretty good handskills------------ Your kidding right? He has zero handskills. Zilch

And to the person who just commented that he is only making 2.5 million so we are getting a bargain. Was he not supposed to be like the next great player/ Some people said he was gonna be the next messier. He was our 1st pick and suppose to be a can not miss golden goose prospect.

coolbreeze callahan

Dec 7, 2014
And please do not mention he is young give him time anymore. Most great players are shot by the time they are 30 because they have been dominant players since they were 18 years old. this dude is 24 years old. How much time are we gonna give him?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Pretty good handskills------------ Your kidding right? He has zero handskills. Zilch

And to the person who just commented that he is only making 2.5 million so we are getting a bargain. Was he not supposed to be like the next great player/ Some people said he was gonna be the next messier. He was our 1st pick and suppose to be a can not miss golden goose prospect.

No, he was not supposed to be the next great player. For anyone who watched him regularly, he is what a lot of us thought he would be. He was selected 19th overall. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. If you were expecting Messier from Kreider, you set yourself up for disappointment a long time ago.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
And please do not mention he is young give him time anymore. Most great players are shot by the time they are 30 because they have been dominant players since they were 18 years old. this dude is 24 years old. How much time are we gonna give him?

Yeah, I am starting to think you don't know the actual statistics of when players hit their primes

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

Get a clue. If you bothered to use the search function and took a look at Kreider's draft thread, you would see that everyone knew the kid had tremendous tools, but was also a huge project. You don't trade those guys unless it becomes obvious they've stalled in development, which Kreider hasn't.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

WHOA :skeptic:

Who said such nonsense???

coolbreeze callahan

Dec 7, 2014
Get a clue. If you bothered to use the search function and took a look at Kreider's draft thread, you would see that everyone knew the kid had tremendous tools, but was also a huge project. You don't trade those guys unless it becomes obvious they've stalled in development, which Kreider hasn't.
Tremendous tools--------------- say tremendous tool. speed. And why would you take on a huge project with your 1st round draft pick?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Tremendous tools--------------- say tremendous tool. speed. And why would you take on a huge project with your 1st round draft pick?

Speed, size, strength, and a decent shot. He's also a very underrated passer. He's one of the few forwards we have this season that will actually win a board battle.

Why would you pick a project with a 1st rounder? For the potential payoff, obviously. Kreider has tremendous upside. Also, the kid was the 19th overall pick, not a can't miss Top-5 pick. Plenty of picks in the second half of the first round bust.

Just look at his comparables, Max Pacioretty and Erik Cole. He's pretty much bang-on their development curves, at least in terms of PPG. Pacioretty broke out in his 4th pro season, Cole in his 6th. Kreider's only in his 3rd year right now. The intelligent thing to do is be patient with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad