Chris Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

What the heck is wrong with this guy? He's invisible. Probably the strongest player on the team, he's built like a truck. But he isn't using it to create some energy, he hasn't delivered a solid hit since the night he was ejected, did the refs scare him off?

Tonight AV tried to put him on another line, but did it help? Nooo...

Such a waste of skills :shakehead

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
thought he was very good tonight and he scored 2 goals 3 games ago. u shud have started this thread a week ago.

Wolfy*

I didn't see any sparks around him tonight, or the entire season for that matter. Point is he should be a force out there, but he's incredibly soft, just like our other big guys.

I don't expect much from Boyle or Nash, but had hopes for Kreider. Guess not.

Fongule

Aug 12, 2013
Durbanville, South Africa
I didn't see any sparks around him tonight, or the entire season for that matter. Point is he should be a force out there, but he's incredibly soft, just like our other big guys.

I don't expect much from Boyle or Nash, but had hopes for Kreider. Guess not.

You don't expect much from our top line RW who makes 8 mill a year and is invisible?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
OP is a notorious Kreider hater

Played a great game tonight

He's still a developing player, he's going to be inconsistent
This. Would love to see his reaction to a thread about Zuccarello playing badly (which he kinda has imo)

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
This. Would love to see his reaction to a thread about Zuccarello playing badly (which he kinda has imo)

When ? He was the best forward on the ice both first game back and Tuesday. Yesterday wasnt one for the history books however, but more becuase he was anonymus, like the rest of the team

Dec 13, 2010
When ? He was the best forward on the ice both first game back and Tuesday. Yesterday wasnt one for the history books however, but more becuase he was anonymus, like the rest of the team

Exactly the reaction I'd expect on that comment. He's been between bad and mediocre since the break. I can't be mad at the guy because I know he's coming back early with a hand issue but he hasn't played well AT ALL.

Kreider on the other hand has been one of the better forwards on this team since the break, as everyone else is falling apart around him.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Exactly the reaction I'd expect on that comment. He's been between bad and mediocre since the break. I can't be mad at the guy because I know he's coming back early with a hand issue but he hasn't played well AT ALL.

Kreider on the other hand has been one of the better forwards on this team since the break, as everyone else is falling apart around him.

I have no idea how you'd get that he's been bad since the break from that comment :D but whatever floats your boat

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Picked the wrong game to make this thread, he has definitely had worse performances. I liked Kreider last night.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The OP is being overly critical imo but unfortunately not too overly critical. He was better earlier in the season. but obviously he's a young, still developing guy player. Would anyone want to give him a long term deal? Chop off some UFA years at a lower cost. When he blossoms into a better player and the cap is going up it would be a bit of a steal. How many years can we buy off at 3 AAV? 4?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider got stuck on a new line. Richards and MSL--no chemistry. Kreider made several nice plays. Had some of the better Rangers shots. He wasn't great but he was the best player on that line.

Wolfy*

Yes he got demoted last night, more was expected from him on the 1st line. That's why I wonder where his physical play is.

Kreider doesn't play with an edge anymore, but he has the strength and big body, we're in desperate need of some physical presence in this lineup.

Guess I have to conclude that he is just another soft guy like Boyle.

The rest of his play is better, you fail to understand what I'm pointing at, the real problem on this team.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yes he got demoted last night, more was expected from him on the 1st line. That's why I wonder where his physical play is.

Kreider doesn't play with an edge anymore, but he has the strength and big body, we're in desperate need of some physical presence in this lineup.

Guess I have to conclude that he is just another soft guy like Boyle.

The rest of his play is better, you fail to understand what I'm pointing at, the real problem on this team.

Yeah, he got demoted to playing 3 minutes more than he has the previous two games.

Laughable.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I understand wanting to point fingers when the team is losing but what has Richards done? Nash? 14+ million on the cap and what have they done?

Carlos Ranger

Zucc-a-Rella
Apr 9, 2007
NJ
Try him at center? his speed next to MSL could be an effective pairing.

Nash-Kreider-MSL
Hagelin-Stepan-Zucc
Pouliot-Brass-Richards

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
He has many assets: speed, size, strength and a pretty good shot. It seems he's still figuring out how to prioritize them. Reduced physicality could be the result of excessive penalties -- but now I'm just speculating.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
This thread is dumb.

It isnt dumb. Theres some validity to it.

Hes not playing his powergame and making some lame decisions with the puck. Ive been a little down on him as well. The kid needs to be more consistent using his speed and size. Sure he's still learning to play in this league but i think even he will tell you theres another level he can hit, like how he was playing earlier in the year. He was a force and that hasnt been the case for a while now.

This team needs him to be that way to open space, especially if hes with Richards and St. Louis. Hes taking the body, but hes not driving through guys like he did earlier in the year. He needs to get back to that, because he's one of the few guys on the team that can and the Rangers will need that come playoff time.

He's willing and able to go to the net and thats good, but its his play away from the puck and his puck management that Ive been watching.

But hes not the problem. The big guys: St. Louis, Nash, Richards... need to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg