Player Discussion Chris Kreider Part II: Manimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

After his injury, Kreider was 4th on the team in 5v5 p/60 and first IN THE LEAGUE in relCF% and relSCF% (natural stat trick)

He was a beast after he came back. He easily passed the eye test and advanced stats test.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Well Kreider has always gotten a lot of icetime insomuch as anyone on AV's teams gets a lot of icetime. I wonder how Quinn will roll lines...

I would love to see his 5v5 ice time go up. He has such an impact on the game in terms of possession that he should be out there more 5v5. There could be a negative effect if he goes up in ice time, but at this point, he's earned more 5v5 play.

Reactions: haveandare

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I would love to see his 5v5 ice time go up. He has such an impact on the game in terms of possession that he should be out there more 5v5. There could be a negative effect if he goes up in ice time, but at this point, he's earned more 5v5 play.

Yeah I think you have to be able to roll lines to some extent in the NHL these days but still skew it towards giving your best players the most icetime. He and Zibanejad for sure should be eating the majority of the 5v5 minutes

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Their minutes should go up in this new regime and roster. They're going to be counted on as the go-to guys now.

The blood clot really scared him straight. I hope that he has taken the summer to take care of himself and he must stick to a medical and health regimen. It is not something you can overcome by going to the gym more.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He should try to play lighter this year since he felt so good and performed so well at the end of last season. He tends to use his speed a lot more than his upper body strength anyway.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The thing about Kreider is that even if he never becomes this fabled 30-30 player that people expect him to be for no reason whatsoever, and maxes out at the 25-25 player that he more likely is, as long as he's still driving play at the elite levels he does, it doesn't matter. He's a bonafide 1LW, and likely this team's best skater.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The thing about Kreider is that even if he never becomes this fabled 30-30 player that people expect him to be for no reason whatsoever, and maxes out at the 25-25 player that he more likely is, as long as he's still driving play at the elite levels he does, it doesn't matter. He's a bonafide 1LW, and likely this team's best skater.
I still won’t rule out him scoing more in increased minutes. Is he gonna be playing at a lighter weight again? He was a monster after returning from injury

Reactions: silverfish

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Maybe if the coaching staff would give him actual first line minutes like rest of the league gives their first liners.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Looks like he’s playing lighter this season, like he did to end last season. Happy to see that, it seemed to really work out for him last year

Reactions: Ori

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

I don't even think the latter is in question. I think he's the clubs best skater by a wide margin and top 5 league wide.

Also thinking he wears a letter this season.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don't even think the latter is in question. I think he's the clubs best skater by a wide margin and top 5 league wide.
Also thinking he wears a letter this season.

Yes maybe an A, but not captain material in my opinion. Personally I think we should wait to announce one until our prospects mature a bit since we are in a 50% rebuild mode.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Yes maybe an A, but not captain material in my opinion. Personally I think we should wait to announce one until our prospects mature a bit since we are in a 50% rebuild mode.

Only player I think more worthy would be Zucc, who is on the most likely to be traded list.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Only player I think more worthy would be Zucc, who is on the most likely to be traded list.
Yes that`s my other point and it could happen unless we are fighting in a playoffs position which I doubt, and hence why we should wait to announce a new captain. And there are many other players who could be moved as well including C. Kreider - especially with all the Panarin rumors recently.

member 116805

The Manimal off to a limp start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Kreider really shouldn't go bald.

He thinks he'll pick up more speed (lol), but he looks like he just came out of a state penitentiary.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I don't get the "Will he ever find that next level?" or whatever narrative... It's dumb… Chris Kreider is a borderline elite LW, the way he drives play is incredible and his rate stats are always good. Doesn't get the raw numbers because of lowish TOI and because he's not really a PP guy.

Stop having these weird fantasies where you imagine Kreider with silky mitts, he is what he is and that is a borderline elite winger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad