Speculation: Chris Kreider (Mod Note Post #78)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Chris Kreider In the next summer window I speculate that he is more likely gone from New York so who are interested?

We need a young prospect in return for him in my opinion who are closer to 20 years old and just started their NHL career.

Chris Kreider Stats and News

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
If Rangers are trading CK teams will have to start with a 1st + . We will not be competing for another 4-5 yrs so he does not fit our rebuild .

Reactions: Shootertooter

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Kreider's going to be moved in the summer to a team that can't afford an RFA. Bet on it.

I am not sure what you are implying, are you attempting to suggest that a team with a high profile RFA will trade that RFA for Kreider?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
IMHO, the play here is to wait until mid/end of July to speak with teams that did not add much needed offence from the pool of free UFA talent.

Get a good young prospect and another unprotected 1st in 2020

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
IMHO, the play here is to wait until mid/end of July to speak with teams that did not add much needed offence from the pool of free UFA talent.

Get a good young prospect and another unprotected 1st in 2020

Kreider would have to be extended of course course for that kind of haul.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think if the Rangers had a deal in place that they liked with the contingency that an extension was in place, I think the Rangers would give the team permission to speak with Kreiders agent

Yeah, when I made the previous Kreider thread a few weeks ago, this was one of my lines of thought.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Bidding starts at a 1st (2019 preferred)
If Rangers are trading CK teams will have to start with a 1st + . We will not be competing for another 4-5 yrs so he does not fit our rebuild .

I think you are both out to lunch. That's not to say some desperate GM won't offer a 1st, but Kreider isn't worth a 1st. The guy has never cracked 60 points and his best season was 3 years ago. The best the Rangers should hope for is a 2nd and a prospect.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Zuccarello, the better of the two, got traded for a 2nd and a 3rd. You think Kreider would get more. Give your head a shake.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Zuccarello, the better of the two, got traded for a 2nd and a 3rd. You think Kreider would get more. Give your head a shake.

Hayes, the worse of the 2, got a 1st and a roster player.

You think Kreider, who would be traded with a full season in this case would get less?

Give your head a shake.

Also Zuccarello sucked for most of the season, theres a reason why he was traded for a 2 and a 3 (with conditions attached.)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hayes, the worse of the 2, got a 1st and a roster player.

You think Kreider, who would be traded with a full season in this case would get less?

Give your head a shake.

Also Zuccarello sucked for most of the season, theres a reason why he was traded for a 2 and a 3 (with conditions attached.)

^^^
What he said.

Reactions: Kupo

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I think you are both out to lunch. That's not to say some desperate GM won't offer a 1st, but Kreider isn't worth a 1st. The guy has never cracked 60 points and his best season was 3 years ago. The best the Rangers should hope for is a 2nd and a prospect.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Lesser players have gone for more than Kreider, and recently. A one dimensional Grabner was moved last deadline for a 2nd and prospect. Look at Nash last deadline. Hanzal. Hayes this year went for a 1st +.

Reactions: bernmeister

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Great fit for Edmonton but I'd imagine that EDM would want to know that CK would resign before paying full value, and EDM has cap issues already.

Yes Edmonton cap is in the shitter this year but it starts to get better . With the cap increase Edmonton has 11 million this summer with a small piece needing to be resigned . Puljujarvi and a back up goalie won’t cost much leaving Edmonton about 8.5 million for upgrades . Next season Manning , Kassian and Benning all off the books also Russell and Sekera NTC changes to limited NTC so we have option

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
2019 1st+2020 2nd+Dominik Simon.

Assuming Pens can deal Phil in a cap maneuver.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really like Kreider, but the Wings aren't moving the assets they do have that can land him. But man somebody is getting a really good player, I think he will fade by the end of a long contract if you give him one, but he is a guy I really like watching play. Has looked exceptional with Larkin at the International level and is my dream linemate for him.

He would have to be near a first level if he was dealt at the deadline next year, so the Rangers are going to want some decent value here in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad