Speculation: Chris Kreider (Mod Note Post #78)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Waiting until his contract is in its expiring year will likely not do us any favors for his value. Especially considering what wingers ended up going for this deadline, I would be content with a 1st for Kreider, but if there are a lot of suitors for him at the draft I would hope to get more.

reduced term does not add to value, concur
but
generic 1st for Kreider is not enuf

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Toronto’s 1st in 2020 is likely a 20s pick and they want us to take a cap dump in Marleau lol

Leafs would have to throw in Johnsson or Kap

Not enuf and leafs moving Marleau is cap deal for space.
Staal at half, easy to buy out if nec
for Marleau full pop

works for both, gives Rangers some ease on LD logjam
Marleau helps, and he might be willing to go to cup contender if we are in suck mode, garnering return

Not sure who else has a better backscratch for Marleau and his 35+ $6m contract

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Depending on what they spend on free agency and who they miss on will determine his future in N.Y.but I don't want him traded I think he should be the captain next year of he's given the extension but if he's dealt he won't be had for less than a 1st and a top wing prospect IMO

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Neal + 1st 20 + 2nd 21 + Kylington/Dube
For Kreider + Staal(not sure on his cap? But down to 3M?)

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Bear+Pulju+Lucic for Kreider
giphy.gif

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
As Kupo mentioned above, lots that the Rangers could work with here.

2020 1st + Marleau For Kreider

or just

2020 1st for Kreider @ 50%

Open to suggestions of course but these are just some ideas off the top of my head

And what is the incentive for the Rangers?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Getting an unprotected 1st in 2020? I'm sure we could get them to add something small, but 1 year of a top 6 winger won't get much more than a 1st.
I think they could definitely get more, especially if they are taking back a cap dump or are retaining

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Him re-signing, maybe with a condition on playoff success worked in there.... like its a 2nd if they make the finals OR he re-signs but a 1st if they make the finals AND he re-signs

I think I'd need a little more, mostly I believe that is about the package the Rangers could get for him next deadline. Which in turn would be about what Buffalo could get for him next deadline if they ended up selling him.

If that 2021 2nd were guaranteed, and from there it could become a 1st if he extended or if Buffalo made say the 2nd round of the playoffs, I'd probably make that deal.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He didn't take a run at Anderson. Methot's stick clipped his skate when he was cutting in.

I didn't like the hit on Fleury though. I recall Letang being right behind him and Kreider slowed down and tried to bump him. Kreider was responsible for that hit 100%.

Kreider is a strong and fast forward who likes to drive the puck to the net. **** happens sometimes. The hit on Fleury is something I feel he could have avoided. The hits on Anderson and Price weren't.

Honestly, I still remember the topics around here when it happened like it was yesterday. You had Habs fans saying they were on the fence or it wasn’t dirty, and Rangers fans doing the exact same thing except some of them said it was dirty. I personally don’t think a large player going skate first from distance on questionable trips into two different goalies, and elbowing another in another round leaves much up for debate. I was mad at the time but it is what it is. Either way, I was never disgusted with Rangers fans after it happened. If Kreider didn’t do it intentionally, then I’m wrong. If he did, he did a pretty good job atleast making it controversial and he’s scum for doing it. Enough time has passed that people have made their minds up on what they think. There’s no point in debating it anymore.

Reactions: Kupo

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think I'd need a little more, mostly I believe that is about the package the Rangers could get for him next deadline. Which in turn would be about what Buffalo could get for him next deadline if they ended up selling him.

If that 2021 2nd were guaranteed, and from there it could become a 1st if he extended or if Buffalo made say the 2nd round of the playoffs, I'd probably make that deal.

I feel like that is probably a little high but thats just my projection, I could be wrong. I'm not a Sabres fan and maybe they would be happy to do that deal.

Maybe the conditional 2nd is instead a 3rd that turns into a 2nd if he is extended OR Buffalo makes it past the 2nd round or a 1st if they do both. Slight difference but just a bit more palatable. Again I have no horse in this race so maybe I am off!

Brent Burns Beard