Chris Kreider: Let the Jimmies Rustle

Jjksport

Jul 22, 2014
Yes the most disturbing part about it is the bad refereeing and how the league doesn't do anything it.
Crosscheck/pushed into Fleury: no goal and penalty on Krieder
One handed slash to the knee/thigh, that buckled his leg from Emelin: no penalty on the slash from Emelin.
Hack homer writers, looking for a story, will look to stir up controversy just to have themselves talked about.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Yes the most disturbing part about it is the bad refereeing and how the league doesn't do anything it.
Crosscheck/pushed into Fleury: no goal and penalty on Krieder
One handed slash to the knee/thigh, that buckled his leg from Emelin: no penalty on the slash from Emelin.
Hack homer writers, looking for a story, will look to stir up controversy just to have themselves talked about.

If anything the league should acknowledge the plays were not in fact dirty, granted their not going to throw the refs under the bus but they should be held accountable.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think he loves being the bad guy he shows zero remorse in interviews regarding it. he likes scaring them.

love it keep it up kid nice having a bad guy on the team for a change

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
I wouldn't describe driving hard to the net as "antics".

Standing at the crease facing the goal tender, waving your arms? uh yeah.

Officiating has got to take into consideration what opposing players are doing to someone who is going towards the net trying to score or setup a score.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He certainly has the potential to be one of, if not the most important Rangers forward. That combination of speed and size and skill isn't something you see every day.

I remember being upset when the Rangers drafted Kreider, some random kid out of a Massachusetts high school :laugh: It's this reason that I no longer think I know more than those who know. Let the kids develop, etc...

In regards to him being a goalie killer... It's tough. He has a reputation that he doesn't deserve, and it's bull****.

Dat flex

screen-shot-2014-05-19-at-11-09-57-pm.png

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
He certainly has the potential to be one of, if not the most important Rangers forward. That combination of speed and size and skill isn't something you see every day.

I remember being upset when the Rangers drafted Kreider, some random kid out of a Massachusetts high school :laugh: It's this reason that I no longer think I know more than those who know. Let the kids develop, etc...

In regards to him being a goalie killer... It's tough. He has a reputation that he doesn't deserve, and it's bull****.

Dat flex

screen-shot-2014-05-19-at-11-09-57-pm.png

He barely touched him man, don't be such a homer. :shakehead

:sarcasm:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
What I hate most about it is how can any person who watches a lot of hockey, let alone gets paid to write about it, can look at that Price play and say "well, we don't know what Kreider's motive was." Yes we do, he was on a breakaway in a playoff game and was trying to get a shot off to try and score.

It's beyond my comprehension how someone can think Kreider was on a breakaway and the thought in his head was "well, I might as well see if I can injure Price here." Not to mention Kreider was only 4 games back from an injury I believe. No player wants to crash into the goalie at a high speed like that because A.) in today's game it will usually cause a penalty to be called and B) Kreider could've just have easily gotten injured on the play.

It's absolutely asinine to sit there and say that Kreider had any motive other than to score a goal. And how NONE of these people mention the fact that Emelin almost snapped his stick in half slashing Kreider's ankles is just ridiculous. If Emelin doesn'tm hack at Kreider's ankle like that, he probably scores, like he did later in that period.

It's funny how they act like it was 2010 Matt Cooke on the breakaway, a player with a history of questionable decisions. To that point I don't think anybody in hockey would've classified Kreider as a dirty player and the media decides to take that angle and now it's gospel where he's always thinking to injure (in their eyes).

Also the youtube video "Chris Kreider's goalie victims" showing the Anderson injury and him colliding with Fleury are examples of accidental contact. With Anderson Methot tripped Kreider who fell into the goalie, it was a freak play that could've happened to any player and any goalie. 100% no wiggle room, Methot's stick was in his feet and he stepped directly on it while trying to turn, Methot said so himself. Apparently since Anderson was injured, that means there was intent to injure in the eyes of the hive mind and the media. The Fleury play and Price play are bonehead defensive plays. Letang launched Kreider into Fleury and Emelin hacked Kreider down causing him to crash into Price. Cases of defensemen being surprised by Kreider's speed and frantically trying to do something to stop it. How is it on Kreider when Letang throws him into Fleury? Because he put himself in a position to score it's his fault Letang was a moron and threw him into the goalie?

I feel like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank fighting the sisters. Trying to fight the good fight (here with logic and reason) but no matter how wrong the other people are they just won't see it and continue to....say bad things about Kreider.
The question with Kreider is not intent. It is reckless play.

I think he is reckless.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Honestly don't care if he has this dumb reputation, it's great to hear all the people on the main board whining so hard. Fully enjoyable.

Exaclty. It makes no difference, if Kreider was dirty he'd be getting fined/suspended but he isnt, so we still get to have him on the ice for us and the whiners can keep whining.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
That said i do agree he is stupid and reckless which is why he takes so many ******* minor penalties. But the whole goalie killer thing is stupid. If he was Gallagher sized no one would call him that, its not his fault he's huge and fast.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Kreider is dirty, and the Rangers need some of that, but someone is going to take his head off.

They may not be able to check his body, but they will find a way to get him.

He may have a dirty name on the message boards due to the media, but the NHL isn't swayed by the hockey news. The ref new exactly what he was calling in the Oilers game.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So what if he is a goalie killer? About ****ing time we had someone on this team who pissed people off.

Couldn't agree with you more. Finally after years of other teams guys crashing net and getting in our goalies faces its nice to see us have a guy that's willing to go hard to the net. This is hockey!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad