Chris Kreider hit on Matt Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Pens fan and I don't think it was bad. You never want to see the goalie take contact, but this happens every game.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Murray definitely deserved two minutes for embellishment on that one.
That's a pretty bog standard 'interference' though.
Ducks even managed a goal out of one that was 10x worse against the Sharks a couple weeks back.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I came in here all ready to tear Kreider apart. Believe me, I want to. Kreider may be my 2nd least favourite player. That play does not warrant such a response from me though. It's about as innocuous as can be. He was pushed, but didn't make significant effort to avoid the goalie. No real significant contact was made. Life goes on. Murray sure went down "hard" well after the "hit" though.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I hate when people say goalies dive when stuff like this happens.

They aren't expecting to be bumped into at all, they're focused on the play. When you bump into someone who's on skates and isn't expecting it, there's a very good chance they're going to fall over.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Should have been a penalty for both. Murray needs to learn how to sell his falls better.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well deserved. Chris Kreider is known to interfere with goalies. Not only does he have no remorse, he apparently always "trips and looses an edge" when going hard into the net and injuries goalies.

Yeah and it's hilarious how it's supppsedly Murray who sold it. He goes down to stack the pads and makes a save anyway.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Dive dive dive.

Awooooooooooooooga. Awoooooooooooooooooga.

Reputation call at it's finest. I hate those calls no matter who it's for.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Not a huge kreider fan and his history speaks for itself but this call was a joke as was Murray's dive.

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015

They aren't expecting to be bumped into at all, they're focused on the play. When you bump into someone who's on skates and isn't expecting it, there's a very good chance they're going to fall over.

It is hockey. That was a dive.

Sorry I re-watched and it actually wasn't as clear as I though

josra33

Aug 11, 2008

So the fact that he fell over after a significant delay from the contact didn't strike you as odd?

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm pretty sure I'm watching a different clip than everyone else, because there's no possible way that's embellishment.

Murray is knocked off balance and is off his angle so he can't cleanly drop to the butterfly, so he recovers into a two pad stack and makes the save. How the hell is that even close to embellishment? Dude was focused on the puck the entire time and recovered into the quickest position for making the save.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Murray is knocked off balance and is off his angle so he can't cleanly drop to the butterfly, so he recovers into a two pad stack and makes the save. How the hell is that even close to embellishment? Dude was focused on the puck the entire time and recovered into the quickest position for making the save.

Bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad