Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Campbell is more physical...

Suitable for his fourth line role.

a good PK'er...

They are both very good penalty killers, and both appear to play the PK, which again is suitable for their 3rd and 4th line roles.

and is sporting a FO% identical to Kelly this year. They are both better suited for the 4th line.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree, then. Given Kelly's salary status and the fact that he has missed significantly more time than Campbell this season which may account for the relatively similar FO% this season, I think that Kelly is a more fully qualified 3rd line center than Campbell. I believe the coach agrees with me.

We'll see, though, following Kelly's return where he ends up. But for my money, Spooner sits (or gets sent down), Kelly is on the third line, and Campbell remains on the fourth.

member 96824

Tonight marks the last game without Kelly in the line up. Final tallies ended up.

14-6-2 without him, 1.36 points a game

19-8-2 with him, 1.37 points a game

Hope he steps in and plays well. With Loui-Soderberg-Paille playing well the last couple games, it will be interesting to see where he plays

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Tonight marks the last game without Kelly in the line up. Final tallies ended up.

14-6-2 without him, 1.36 points a game

19-8-2 with him, 1.37 points a game

Hope he steps in and plays well. With Loui-Soderberg-Paille playing well the last couple games, it will be interesting to see where he plays

So you mean...

The team kept right on winning ....without me?

member 96824

Depends on the scale I suppose, I thought 7 stars was above average :laugh:

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I'm interested to see if the PK gets a lot better with him back in the lineup, it'll be nice since with him back Krejci won't have to PK and will get better minutes. From my eye it appeared the PK problem stemmed mostly from the D, but I think it should get a little more stable with Kelly back.

I also wonder if they've given any thought to playing him with Paille and Campbell, I can just imagine those 3 giving other teams fits out there. But I think it would still leave a hole on the 3rd line with Spooner injured.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
He should go to the 4th line, if he dosen't I sure hope he plays LW with Soderberg at C on line 3, if not I fear that the line will be neutered.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If's it Kelly in and Caron out this team is much better.

Haha Scotto.

The team would be better if Caron was out and MTaylor was in his place.

Anyway, glad Kelly is back. I trust Claude to do what he thinks is best for the team and despite my own personal opinions, that's all that really matters.

Now if Mike could only play d to take Seidenberg's spot :D

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Haha Scotto.

Anyway, glad Kelly is back. I trust Claude to do what he thinks is best for the team and despite my own personal opinions, that's all that really matters.

You would have loved my game. But alas, I was a forward.

member 96824

I played D...was okay, but I did the little things that don't end up on the scoresheet :naughty:

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Haha Scotto.

come on now Dom lets not push it. MTaylor seems softer then Caron :laugh:

I kid I kid.

member 96824

Oh you're so modest. I bet you racked up the tertiary assists like house on fire.

In all seriousness, I am happy Kelly is back. Happy Caron isn't playing. And sad Spoons got sent back down.

I'd like to think the lack of tertiary assists is the only reason I'm not in the NHL right now, that and bad luck.

to the serious part of your post, i feel identical.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Hope we see 2011 Kelly and not 2013 Kelly.

As others have mentioned hes a big upgrade over Caron any way you cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg