TSN: Chris Johnston: at this point It's expected Jacob Chychrun will be moved

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Chychrun is definitely the sort of defenceman the Canucks need to be looking at. I just don't see them being viable trading partners, as like Arizona, they also need to stockpile and hold onto the same sort of young assets it would take to actually make this deal.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Chychrun is definitely the sort of defenceman the Canucks need to be looking at. I just don't see them being viable trading partners, as like Arizona, they also need to stockpile and hold onto the same sort of young assets it would take to actually make this deal.
I don’t think they should be buyers at this point. The asking price is gonna be stupid high because of it being a deadline deal. They should be making off-season moves and build upon the promising squad they’re putting together.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
We probably won’t agree on this so we can just end that discussion there
Clarke

2021-22
3.png
Barrie Colts “C”
OHL471044542521|
3.png
Projected
OHL631359723428|

Zellweger

2021-22
6.png
Everett Silvertips
WHL451247592139|
31.png
Canada U20
WJC-20210102|
3.png
Projected
WHL571560752749|

If you look at the stats, Zellweger is putting up more points than Clarke. His statement is correct whether you agree with it or not.

Grans, by comparison, has 19 points in 45 games.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Clarke

2021-22
3.png
Barrie Colts “C”
OHL471044542521|
3.png
Projected
OHL631359723428|

Zellweger

2021-22
6.png
Everett Silvertips
WHL451247592139|
31.png
Canada U20
WJC-20210102|
3.png
Projected
WHL571560752749|

If you look at the stats, Zellweger is putting up more points than Clarke. His statement is correct whether you agree with it or not.

Grans, by comparison, has 19 points in 45 games.

Grans is playing against men in the AHL, are you really trying to compare the two? :huh: By that logic, Grans and Chychrun are roughly equal, since Grans has 19 points in 45 games while Chychrun has 21 points in 47 games.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Wouldn’t count out Detroit sneaking in a Bertuzzi package to AZ (in a JC deal) and everyone’s going to end up asking where the contenders were in all of this??

Then in the summer or next deadline, if they know he won’t sign, Arizona will just flip Bertuzzi for a huge package and still have whatever else they received from Detroit.

For the Coyotes, it’s the type of deal allowing them immediate results, and if they did move Bertuzzi over the next year, could potentially turn JC into a crazy return all around.

All while Detroit, in only 3 years, will have quietly assembled one of the deepest talent pools of quality young dmen in a system, we’ve seen in recent memory. Some of whom we will start seeing next year on top of Seider. JC would speed up their timeline obviously.

People who really enjoy researching and watching young prospects actually play, not just stat watching and rating someone from what round they were drafted, should really look into the quality of Detroit’s D Prospects. It’s crazy good. Most might know of Edvinsson and Johansson, and maybe even see Wallinder’s breakout year in the SHL, but go watch the others too. Crazy deep pool of quality talent.

Pure hockey trade for two lower end teams with loads of talent coming.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Well we can look at stats (5v5):
iSF/60 - 3rd in the league
iCF/60 - 3rd in the league
ixGF/60 - 19th in the league

He is one of the best dmen in the league for generating scoring chances and getting pucks to the net. Up there with Dougie Hamilton and Roman Josi. He is also decent defensively as he sits 71st in the league in CA/60
Thanks for the stats, it appears I just might be wrong. I'm going to dig into his stats a little deeper for a better understanding.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Wouldn’t count out Detroit sneaking in a Bertuzzi package to AZ (in a JC deal) and everyone’s going to end up asking where the contenders were in all of this??

Then in the summer or next deadline, if they know he won’t sign, Arizona will just flip Bertuzzi for a huge package and still have whatever else they received from Detroit.

For the Coyotes, it’s the type of deal allowing them immediate results, and if they did move Bertuzzi over the next year, could potentially turn JC into a crazy return all around.

All while Detroit, in only 3 years, will have quietly assembled one of the deepest talent pools of quality young dmen in a system, we’ve seen in recent memory. Some of whom we will start seeing next year on top of Seider. JC would speed up their timeline obviously.

People who really enjoy researching and watching young prospects actually play, not just stat watching and rating someone from what round they were drafted, should really look into the quality of Detroit’s D Prospects. It’s crazy good. Most might know of Edvinsson and Johansson, and maybe even see Wallinder’s breakout year in the SHL, but go watch the others too. Crazy deep pool of quality talent.

I would love a Bertuzzi for Chychrun trade as a wings fan but why do the Yotes trade a 23 year old Top Dman for a 27 year old winger? Just dont see why yotes do this, Yzerman accepts this call instantly

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Florida just met the asking price for Ben Chariot.
Chychurn’s price is in a different space than Chariot.

The price on a rental D is much different than an in his prime top pairing D signed reasonably for multiple seasons

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I would love a Bertuzzi for Chychrun trade as a wings fan but why do the Yotes trade a 23 year old Top Dman for a 27 year old winger? Just dont see why yotes do this, Yzerman accepts this call instantly
Simple answer, the Coyotes would not do that.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Makes no sense for AZ to want Bertuzzi as part of a Chychrun package.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Makes no sense for Montreal. The assets the Habs most covet right now are the same assets the Coyotes would want.
We lost Chiarot and our defense next year looks like it won't stop a good AHL team. He can pin our defense for a decade.

We actually need a righty but will take either side.

NotTheRocketman

Jul 13, 2021
I still think the Blues end up with Chychrun. Armstrong (Doug) is not a fan of rentals, and if you're going to pay big, you might as well get a great player, on a great contract, with term. Chychrun meets all that criteria, plus he's really the only thing the Blues are missing at this point. They've got the goaltending, and they've got the offense. Their defense is good, but Chychrun would put them over the top, and they'd be a real handful in the playoffs. I think it's the right move.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I still think the Blues end up with Chychrun. Armstrong (Doug) is not a fan of rentals, and if you're going to pay big, you might as well get a great player, on a great contract, with term. Chychrun meets all that criteria, plus he's really the only thing the Blues are missing at this point. They've got the goaltending, and they've got the offense. Their defense is good, but Chychrun would put them over the top, and they'd be a real handful in the playoffs. I think it's the right move.
Neighbours+Bolduc+’22 1st (will accept Scandella dump at no extra cost).

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I hope all these King fans keep that same energy once they trade for him that "he sucks and not worth it...."

I for one as a Ducks fan would love to acquire him.
They aren’t trading for him.. you’re more likely to see him in Ducks uni than a Kings..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad