WWE: Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar get into a physical exchange backstage at Summerslam

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The ending of the Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match, which went pretty much as planned, led to a verbal and somewhat physical confrontation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho last night.

According to multiple sources, Jericho came to the gorilla position just as the match ended, apparently to see if Orton was okay and to find out what exactly happened. He asked Michael Hayes what the finish was or if that was the finish. Hayes wouldn't answer him at which point Jericho said, "That's bullsh*t."

Jericho said that just as Lesnar came back from the ring. Lesnar thought he was talking about his match, and called Jericho a ***** according to one version, or "shut up" according to another, and to mind his own business. The two got face-to-face and started exchanging words, with one version saying they were shouting at each other the whole time.

Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers, and Jericho did what was described as the "Rousey-Tate" foreheed press. One version also had Jericho shoving Lesnar to the wall at one point.

They got tangled up against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Paul "HHH" Levesque jumped in quickly and broke it up. It was heated enough that they went back at it at which time Vince McMahon broke it up. Jericho started yelling about Lesnar and McMahon told Jericho that it was all a work and to be professional.

Levesque reportedly told McMahon that Lesnar started it, and Jericho was just standing up for himself but there were more words exchanged.

Jericho saw Orton and got mad, which everyone noted was because he was concerned with Orton's health and safety. Orton reportedly assured him that he knew the way everything was coming.

per f4wonline

Chris Jericho has huge balls.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Bit of an overreaction from Jericho there, especially after reading that last line from Orton.

Yeah, but if nobody knew it was a work but Lesnar, Orton, Trips, Hayes and Vince, you can't blame Jericho for being concerned for a friend/colleague's safety.

Even dumber is if Hayes would have just told Jericho it was a work from the start, especially since Orton told Jericho himself later, this whole confrontation might have been avoided.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Good for Jericho.

It's ridiculous how much they try to keep things secretive - especially with someone losing so much blood that it leaves people wondering if someone is seriously hurt.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Bit of an overreaction from Jericho there, especially after reading that last line from Orton.

Lesnar is the one calling jericho a ***** (and its not the B word) when he has no clue what jericho was even talking about. Lesnar is the stupid idiot once again.

First goldbergn, now lesnar. Jericho with the balls of steel.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently Jericho wasn't getting answers because they were getting footage for WWE 24.

Oh lord yes we might see this.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
When everyone is getting emmotional from this stuff and you see twitter posts all over the internet of people filled with rage at the match, wwe is getting publicity. I even had 2 of my friends who don't watch wrestling get interested since they heard what was going on from social media. I agree that the wwe should be more transparent though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think any wrestler who has been around the business has the right to do what Jericho did. It wasn't safe and that reaction is normal.

The WWE is a ****ing joke with how they run stuff. It's like none of them have moved on from the 80s/90s.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well, this IS the same company that thinks Moolah did a lot for women's wrestling, so they are kinda stuck in that era.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Some really amusing comments regarding Brock in this thread. Were you marks demanding Undertaker to be fired after he threw Mankind of the cell?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I will NEVER believe that was the real end to the match regardless of dirt sheets. That match was crap and short as hell.. and that was a real deep cut. Vince wouldn't have approved that. Nope.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I will NEVER believe that was the real end to the match regardless of dirt sheets. That match was crap and short as hell.. and that was a real deep cut. Vince wouldn't have approved that. Nope.

And if it was approved, how angry do you think that makes Chris Jericho after what he went through with Vince McMahon when Batista intentionally bled during their cage match together?

They can really pick better times to bend ANOTHER rule for Brock Lesnar than right now when he's coming off getting busted.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm not sure I buy that as the ending either.

Though I could believe that elbows and punches leading to the TKO was the planned finish..I really don't think elbows that stiff and a nearly dead Randy Orton was planned. I dunno. Maybe just me.

Considering all their concussion protocol it seems insanely hypocritical to have that go down.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It probably wasn't the exact ending, but all indications seem to be that it was fairly close.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00