Confirmed with Link: Chris Drury Promoted to Associate General Manager

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’ll take the over... can’t see Gorton going through the rebuild then turning over the reigns without trying to win a cup. I’m thinking 5 more seasons. In the meantime they’ll overpay Drury in his current role and he’ll take it to stay home... unless maybe a golden goose gig becomes available. Something like Boston.
I think he would take a promotion, though. President is certainly getting plenty of credit if they win a cup. (Obviously many miles to walk before that happens :))

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I could see JD walking away at some point in the future with Gorton becoming president and Drury GM.

It sounds like a good move for both - Crosby/Malkin aren’t getting any younger and that will eventually be a tough rebuild for a fan base used to contending.
Well I certainly hope not. JD just came, I can't imagine he is leaving anytime in the near future.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Outside of his decline towards the end and never really matching his salary, is there a negative thing to say about Drury?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Outside of his decline towards the end and never really matching his salary, is there a negative thing to say about Drury?

I wouldn't even put that on Drury. He was offered that contract. He'd be an idiot not to sign it. Just like Dan Boyle accepted 9m over 2 years at age 38

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Dwight SchruteOkay, you know what? This isn't working because uh, I'm not nervous in front of them, they're my subordinates.
Jim Halpert:Uh, no we're not.
Dwight Schrute:Ah, yes you are, I am assistant regional manger.
Jim Halpert:Which means absolutely nothing.
Dwight Schrute:Michael can you explain?
Michael Scott:Well, it's mostly made up.. so..
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Well I certainly hope not. JD just came, I can't imagine he is leaving anytime in the near future.
They gonna carry JD out on a gurney with a sheet over his head. He is never leaving. Groton on the other hand might wanna start looking for plastic drop cloths on the floor of the rooms he walks into for meetings that he is summoned to.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
They gonna carry JD out on a gurney with a sheet over his head. He is never leaving. Groton on the other hand might wanna start looking for plastic drop cloths on the floor of the rooms he walks into for meetings that he is summoned to.

I'll say this. JD was in full poker face mode during the ADA Q&A video. The only tell he made was when his neck almost snapped in half looking in Gortons directing when the reporter asked about Gorts initial scouting and acquiring Tony from AZ in the Stepan trade.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad