Confirmed with Link: Chris DiDomenico has been placed on waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dido isn't likely part of the answer long term, and he probably hurts the tank efforts more than a guy like Dumont does. Really could care less about this move.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Why sell quality products when you can sell salmonella surprise to your customers instead? And if customers stop showing up to your store, they are bad "customers." Blame them for your business eventually failing.

Dido isn't a star by any means, but he's better than Dumont. I always thought, in pro sports, the best players play. Guess not.

The Senators just acquired two new Forwards, in the Trade, and they want to see them play ........... therefore McCormick and Dido were sent to Belleville, they've seen how these two players play, and now want to see Gaborik and Shore play.

Dumont is most likley seen as a player they'd rather not risk losing to waivers, so it may not line up with what you believe, but you're not the one making that decision.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Dumont is most likley seen as a player they'd rather not risk losing to waivers, so it may not line up with what you believe, but you're not the one making that decision.

Dumont is staying because of his one way deal. Dido is going because he has a 2 way deal. Its just to save money. Its nice though that our team prefers to save a few dollars over icing a better roster. Makes me proud to be a Sens "fan".

Reactions: DrEasy and Chezzz

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Dumont is staying because of his one way deal. Dido is going because he has a 2 way deal. Its just to save money. Its nice though that our team prefers to save a few dollars over icing a better roster. Makes me proud to be a Sens "fan".

So you're not a "tanker"?

If not, then I see why you want to ice a better roster.

Is there anything wrong with saving money?
Are the Senators the only Franchise that operates this way?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
So you're not a "tanker"?

If not, then I see why you want to ice a better roster.

Is there anything wrong with saving money?
Are the Senators the only Franchise that operates this way?
I don't think saving money is bad and I'm all for the tank but I'd rather our team become a meritocracy rather than have playing time divided among those who have tenure and contract status. I think it'll make us a stronger team now and in the future. Dido deserves to play over many guys who will see the ice tonight imo. Think he's earned his place here.x

Reactions: Newgates59

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I don't think saving money is bad and I'm all for the tank but I'd rather our team become a meritocracy rather than have playing time divided among those who have tenure and contract status. I think it'll make us a stronger team now and in the future. Dido deserves to play over many guys who will see the ice tonight imo. Think he's earned his place here.x

I'm not saying you're wrong, on who is the better player, but I just think Ottawa wants to see Shore and Gaborik play games, and make a determination for themselves ........ and if that means sending a couple of players to the minors, instead of paying them to ride the pine for a couple of weeks or longer, then its part of the business of all NHL teams.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Maybe they think hes going to become a 25 goals scorer post waiver like Hoffman

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Icing the better roster? LOL Now till the end of the season is all about evaluating players in different situations. The moment for icing the best roster possible is long gone.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He's literally been claimed twice already this year.

Claimed by one team that never once put him in an NHL lineup, and then re-claimed by his original team once that first team fully committed to not wanting him on their NHL roster.

That's not exactly "claimed twice already" in any impressive or significant way. More of a technicality than anything else.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
It's not surprising objectively, but to someone who is only watching Sens games and sees Dido outplaying and outproducing everyone in our bottom 6 with the possible exception of Pagaeu. (eye test only, dont feel like looking up stats atm) I can see why it would be surprising to see him sent down. I can say as someone who watches both the Sens and Rangers, I cheared when Gaborik finally got shipped out of that organization. And would much rather see Dido getting playtime here.

I have a hard time believing Gabbys improved since then. He is the most one dimensional player I've ever seen, Boucher is gonna love him :sarcasm:. The only positive I see in bringing him aboard is it will give the Hoffman haters someone new to complain about not being defensively responsible.

I'm glad he cleared Waivers, I think he can be a solid bottom 6er next year. And sending him down helps the tank. Good stuff

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He's literally been claimed twice already this year.
ummm tampa claimed him didnt play him then we got him back .

it looked like tampa didn't like how we took dumont from them tbh cause dido didnt play. No one else put in a claim for him

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
ummm tampa claimed him didnt play him then we got him back .

it looked like tampa didn't like how we took dumont from them tbh cause dido didnt play. No one else put in a claim for him
Haha are you actually arguing a basic fact with me or the semantics of his claims and situation?

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
But, if we waive somebody else we still have to pay nhl salary...

Do we really want to keep the product entertaining? The fans will all come to see Gaborik, our new superstar, we don't need to actually hockey!

Attendance will skyrocket, Gaborik is awesome on the copy of NHL 13 we use for all our scouting reports for budget reasons!

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Based on all the bickering in this thread I’m not sure if this fanbases’ marriage will survive the stress of a rebuild

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good, now waive Dumont.

Oops they just traded DiDo to Chicago for a young RD with some potential which is better than nothing & keeping DiDO who IMO has no future with this org. Now waive & trade Dumont to anyone for anything & bring up a prospect who actually has a future with this team to see what they can do & evluate where they are at.

Reactions: Sensung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad