Confirmed with Link: Chris DiDomenico has been placed on waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Tampa claimed him off the Sens on waivers, sent him to the AHL for a short conditioning stint, and when that was over, they put him on waivers to send him down permanently, at which point the Sens claimed him back and assigned him to Belleville.

Weird that dido agreed to that, no?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Weird that dido agreed to that, no?
Why is it weird? Its not like he has leverage.. He is being a good citizen and looking for a permanent NHL job... he's not getting one if his first move is to refuse a conditioning stint while the team makes room or decides what they need to do

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Why is it weird? Its not like he has leverage.. He is being a good citizen and looking for a permanent NHL job... he's not getting one if his first move is to refuse a conditioning stint while the team makes room or decides what they need to do

So why don't we send dumont on a conditioning stint?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hummm .... GB wanted Burrows, DiDomenico, Thompson, Dumont & Pyatt, all considered GB boys. Thompson traded, DiDomenico waived again, Burrows sucks this yr & Dumont is an AHL player at best. Let's also add that waiver wire pickup Paajarvi. Pyatt seems to be the only one who has a shot at staying in the NHL however, he's also on one of the worse teams in the NHL right now, so what does that really mean.

Quite the professionals at evaluating talent that GB & PD team & yet they won't give some of their own prospects a shot. Seems kind of ridiculous to me that any of those guys have made a bigger difference to this team than some of the prospects would have like White, Chlapik, Paul or Gagne. What are DiDo or Dumont doing in Ottawa when White or Chlapik would have been just as good with the potential to improve & be better players. Why is Paajarvi or Burrows in the lineup when Paul or Gagne could have done just as well IMO. Very poor management decisions.

Well didomenico has just scored consistently something no one on this team is doing outside of Stone this season. Its remarkable how much he has scored considering his linemates and icetime. Its really hard to understand what the hell is going on when he is the player that is being sent down.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You asked why we didn't send Dumont on a conditioning stint.. so I am not following

Cuz you said that only lasts for 2 weeks. I'm saying it can be 4,6,8 etc. If it can be done many times. But at that point you may as well just waive him.

I'm asking because it would have been useful in the past to send guys on multiple conditioning stints until needed as to not lose players to waivers.

I always thought players would say no unless they really thought they did need it like after not playing for a while or coming back from injury.

If TB could just send him on a stint and players on the bubble would just accept no problem, we should have used this strategy more often as I remember times we were worried about losing someone we'd send down and have to put on waivers.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Cuz you said that only lasts for 2 weeks. I'm saying it can be 4,6,8 etc. If it can be done many times. But at that point you may as well just waive him.

I'm asking because it would have been useful in the past to send guys on multiple conditioning stints until needed as to not lose players to waivers.

I always thought players would say no unless they really thought they did need it like after not playing for a while or coming back from injury.

If TB could just send him on a stint and players on the bubble would just accept no problem, we should have used this strategy more often as I remember times we were worried about losing someone we'd send down and have to put on waivers.

I am getting confused.. Are we talking about Didomenico or Dumont?
We could not set Dido on a conditioning stint because he was playing with the team... he was not off from playing any length of time.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I am getting confused.. Are we talking about Didomenico or Dumont?
We could not set Dido on a conditioning stint because he was playing with the team... he was not off from playing any length of time.
Then how did tb send dido down a few days later?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Then how did tb send dido down a few days later?
Sens waived Dido back in November.. TB Claimed him but did not play him , TB sent Dido to Syracuse for a conditioning stint before he played a game for them

3.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade the Re-Entry Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

My guess is that , assuming Dido agreed , the Sens would not send him for a conditioning stint because a) they would still have to pay his NHL Salary for the 2 weeks and b) they felt it was not within the rules.

When Tampa claimed him, he did not suit up for a game from them, I have no idea what they said to him, He agreed with the stint, likely thinking he was helping them out, and it did not work out so Tampa waived him.
Tampa likely felt they could do it within the rules.. I do not have the exact dates, or if Dido missed any TB games, or what case Tampa would make if challenged.

If a player is up with a team but not playing or the player is coming back from injury , they can send him to their AHL team for a conditioning stint. I believe a case can be made even if the player is in the lineup but seeing limited icetime. Looks like purely a $ move... or the Sens are being nice to Dido and giving him a chance to get claimed and play in the NHL

The rules are in place to avoid a situation where conditioning stints are circumventing the waiver process.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbeck5

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is my favorite threads, pretty entertaining to see the overreactions

There is no hope to make the playoffs anymore so it doesn’t matter at all if Dido is in the lineup. He is being sent down to make place for other roster players who are on a 1-way

Really doubtful that any team claims him so he will go to Belleville and might come back after the trade deadline depending on how many forwards are moved

Didomenico isn’t part of the future plans and shouldn’t be. Guys like White and Chlapik will/should fully graduate next years. I want them to have a spot over Dido. Nothing else to see here

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You know, my Father always said, that you should always look after the pennies, and the dollars will take of themselves.

Would you spend money if you did not have to?

Why sell quality products when you can sell salmonella surprise to your customers instead? And if customers stop showing up to your store, they are bad "customers." Blame them for your business eventually failing.

Dido isn't a star by any means, but he's better than Dumont. I always thought, in pro sports, the best players play. Guess not.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think he will get claimed, especially since Yzerman claimed him and everyone likes to mimic the best team.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
His giveaway last night really got under my skin, the turnover that led to the 4th goal, I think it was. He played it like he was an established veteran. Is this the guy who tried so hard to get to the NHL, only to mail it in? That guy should be playing every shift like it is his last. Thanks for coming out but, see ya later bud. Eminently replaceable and why oh why would you send down someone that is more expensive plus you really don't want to win?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
His giveaway last night really got under my skin, the turnover that led to the 4th goal, I think it was. He played it like he was an established veteran. Is this the guy who tried so hard to get to the NHL, only to mail it in? That guy should be playing every shift like it is his last. Thanks for coming out but, see ya later bud. Eminently replaceable and why oh why would you send down someone that is more expensive plus you really don't want to win?
Everything we do is the best move.

Reactions: Bileur and coladin

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Would be nice to have a poll asking if we think he's going to clear waivers or not. I think it's a hard one to answer. Normally I'd say he's not going to clear (especially given the goals he's scored lately), but a team in contention at this point should already have better players than him, while a team out of contention probably wouldn't care about improving their roster.

Maybe a middling team dealing with injuries could pick him up?

In any case I hope he clears. After a few more trades we'll definitely have room for him on the roster, and maybe he'll continue to increase his stock.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Sens waived Dido back in November.. TB Claimed him but did not play him , TB sent Dido to Syracuse for a conditioning stint before he played a game for them

My guess is that , assuming Dido agreed , the Sens would not send him for a conditioning stint because a) they would still have to pay his NHL Salary for the 2 weeks and b) they felt it was not within the rules.

When Tampa claimed him, he did not suit up for a game from them, I have no idea what they said to him, He agreed with the stint, likely thinking he was helping them out, and it did not work out so Tampa waived him.
Tampa likely felt they could do it within the rules.. I do not have the exact dates, or if Dido missed any TB games, or what case Tampa would make if challenged.

If a player is up with a team but not playing or the player is coming back from injury , they can send him to their AHL team for a conditioning stint. I believe a case can be made even if the player is in the lineup but seeing limited icetime. Looks like purely a $ move... or the Sens are being nice to Dido and giving him a chance to get claimed and play in the NHL

The rules are in place to avoid a situation where conditioning stints are circumventing the waiver process.

I liked your post! Wanted to let it be known I wasn't challenging you. I was more curious about the waiver rules. Thank you for doing the research and informing me!

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
DiDomenico is a fringe NHLer who has had some good puck luck in the last few weeks. Easily replaceable bottom of the roster fodder. He's not a part of the long term solution anyway, and no team is going to give up anything for him. I don't care if he plays or doesn't.

Personally, I'd rather see McCormick up and playing over DiDo or Dumont. He brings more energy, bite, and jump.

I guess we're waiting until we move some forwards like Brass/Pager/Smith until we bring up Chlapik so he gets consistent minutes? I want him playing the last 20+ games getting his feet wet at the NHL level.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
DiDomenico is a fringe NHLer who has had some good puck luck in the last few weeks. Easily replaceable bottom of the roster fodder. He's not a part of the long term solution anyway, and no team is going to give up anything for him. I don't care if he plays or doesn't.

Personally, I'd rather see McCormick up and playing over DiDo or Dumont. He brings more energy, bite, and jump.

I guess we're waiting until we move some forwards like Brass/Pager/Smith until we bring up Chlapik so he gets consistent minutes? I want him playing the last 20+ games getting his feet wet at the NHL level.
Puck luck? The puck follows him around for a reason. Kinda like Stone, he is really just a poor man's Mark Stone. I prefer players that actually produce and make plays but that's not the guy Boucher way. McCormick is a terrible it actually makes me upset to watch him play. It's embarrassing to see him in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->