Recalled/Assigned: Chris Conner Recalled

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
@penguins: #Pens forward Chris Conner has been recalled from his conditioning assignment with @WBSPenguins. More: http://pens.pe/1gNiGZO

Before people freak out, he couldn't play for WBS in their playoffs anyway and he was only there as a conditioning assignment.

That being said, Gibbons is hurt and Bylsma loves him small useless AHL players. We'll see what the lines look like at the morning skate I guess.

penguins2946*

LET'S RIOT!

Just kidding, I'm okay with this move. Conner was pretty good with Sutter earlier in the season. A line of Bennett-Sutter-Conner or Conner-Sutter-Stempniak or whatever, it's definitely better than whatever else we could put out there. Put Beau or Stempy with Sid in his RW, and put the other one with Conner. As long as Conner isn't with Crosby, I'm fine.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
LET'S RIOT!

Just kidding, I'm okay with this move. Conner was pretty good with Sutter earlier in the season. A line of Bennett-Sutter-Conner or Conner-Sutter-Stempniak or whatever, it's definitely better than whatever else we could put out there. Put Beau or Stempy with Sid in his RW, and put the other one with Conner. As long as Conner isn't with Crosby, I'm fine.

I just hate that he could replace Megna. I'd rather see what Megna could do in the playoffs than Conner.

penguins2946*

I just hate that he could replace Megna. I'd rather see what Megna could do in the playoffs than Conner.

I agree entirely. I'd dress both and let whichever one that plays better play on the 3rd line full time and put the other one in Adams' spot. Then when Goc comes back, move Vitale to the wing and make the 4th line Vitale-Goc-Megna/Conner. I know none of this will ever happen, and we'll probably be seeing KCC tonight.

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
At first I thought "well ****, that guys sucks" then I thought "well at least he doesn't suck as bad as Glass or Adams". Hopefully this helps to not increase gladams ice time.:(

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
Word is Bortuzzo and Engelland are IN tonight.

I would love a 4th line of Engo-Vitale-Glass

Penguinzilla*

Bylsma benched Megna because he drove to the net too hard and hurt Mason

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Word is Bortuzzo and Engelland are IN tonight.

I would love a 4th line of Engo-Vitale-Glass

I didn't find anything saying those two were in, just that they were the first two on the ice for the morning skate:

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic

First two @Penguins on ice right now for skate are Bortuzzo and Engelland. Doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll go. Just sharing.

penguins2946*

The good news: he's not playing on Sid's RW
The bad news: Glass gets bumped on to the 3rd line with Sutter and Stempniak

We basically went back to our ass game 1 lines but with Megna or Pyatt on the 4th line instead of Gibbons. Full lineup:

@emptynetters: Pens lines at morning skate:
14-87-19
36-71-18
15-16-22
59/17-46-27
D pairs:
44-7
58-4
2-3

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
He will play over Megna, unfortunately. But so will Pyatt....I would really like to see what Megna could bring, I hope he gets his chance before it is too late.

I would keep Bennett-Sutter-Stempniak together, they played well until Bylsma had to mix his lines with the Gibbons injury.

penguins2946*

It's almost like Bylsma tries to make his lineup as ineffective as possible.

He will play over Megna, unfortunately. I would really like to see what Megna could bring, I hope he gets his chance before it is too late.

I would keep Bennett-Sutter-Stempniak together, they played well until Bylsma had to mix his lines with the Gibbons injury.

No, both will likely be healthy scratches. We need that veteran leadership of Pyatt, Glass and Adams!!!

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
DB really loves BB, he keeps on putting BB with Sid no matter how bad they look.

original

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
They do look bad together though, but I'm putting the blame squarely on Sid's and Kunitz's shoulders there. They play like he doesn't even exist on most occasions.

In Game 1 I thought Kunitz was the worst player on that line.

It's amazing that a coach can't tell Crosby to take a shoot-first mentality when he's playing with Bennett.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
What do you mean?

KCB haven't scored an even strength goal yet, it seems like DB is trying to make that line work even though it hasn't showed any signs of working.

It can work. Bennett's other 2 linemates just need to support him though. They can't play a 2 man game and expect to get anything done.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
In Game 1 I thought Kunitz was the worst player on that line.

It's amazing that a coach can't tell Crosby to take a shoot-first mentality when he's playing with Bennett.

No the playmaker and worse shooter in Bennett who likes setting guys up has to be the shooter. Not the top two goal scorers on the team (one of then being a former 50 goal guy).

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
DB seems to be afraid to try Kunitz again with Malkin and Neal with Sid. The top 2 lines can´t look worse, or can they? He tries so many things, but this seems never to be an option.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
DB seems to be afraid to try Kunitz again with Malkin and Neal with Sid. The top 2 lines can´t look worse, or can they? He tries so many things, but this seems never to be an option.

I honestly think that may get the spark we need.

Bennett - Crosby - Neal
Kunitz - Malkin - Jokinen

Sid needs to be separated from Kunitz at any rate I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad