(Chris) Bourque Vs. Caron

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
According to a well known, very reliable board source...he was just about gone earlier this year until the injury bug struck.

If I am correct on your board source,that was somtime ago. The fact remains that until PC considers the return greater than Caron. I will maintain that as a 13th forward with the potential to be more , Caron and his contract are a good asset

member 96824

If I am correct on your board source,that was somtime ago. The fact remains that until PC considers the return greater than Caron. I will maintain that as a 13th forward with the potential to be more , Caron and his contract are a good asset

A month ago?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Caron is an NHL player because he's big, strong along the walls and fairly solid defensively.

The difference between Bourque and Caron was that Bourque was a scorer who didn't score. Caron is a defensive-minded grinder who, when called upon, fulfills that job description.

That said, I don't think Caron is in their long-term plans, I just think they believe they have an NHL player, one they spent a first round pick on, so they'd like to get something back for him if they can. NHL teams average something like 150+ man games lost to injury a season so they knew Spooner would get his chance eventually. In the meantime, they play Caron here and there and hope that he has some trade value at the deadline. For example, you'd think a team like Edmonton could use someone with size and defensive competence. After watching him help snuff out there chance at a comeback last night, maybe he put himself on their radar a bit.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
:handclap::handclap:
Caron is an NHL player because he's big, strong along the walls and fairly solid defensively.

The difference between Bourque and Caron was that Bourque was a scorer who didn't score. Caron is a defensive-minded grinder who, when called upon, fulfills that job description.

That said, I don't think Caron is in their long-term plans, I just think they believe they have an NHL player, one they spent a first round pick on, so they'd like to get something back for him if they can. NHL teams average something like 150+ man games lost to injury a season so they knew Spooner would get his chance eventually. In the meantime, they play Caron here and there and hope that he has some trade value at the deadline. For example, you'd think a team like Edmonton could use someone with size and defensive competence. After watching him help snuff out there chance at a comeback last night, maybe he put himself on their radar a bit.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
For example, you'd think a team like Edmonton could use someone with size and defensive competence. After watching him help snuff out there chance at a comeback last night, maybe he put himself on their radar a bit.

Speaking of radar, gotta believe that Perron is on Chiarelli's radar a bit with his feisty game, thick frame and injury history :naughty:

Seriously though, Perron would make an excellent Bruin.

member 96824

Speaking of radar, gotta believe that Perron is on Chiarelli's radar a bit with his feisty game, thick frame and injury history :naughty:

Seriously though, Perron would make an excellent Bruin.

**** David Perron.

He would make a good Bruin like Alex Burrows would. Except Alex Burrows doesn't try to play keep away in the offensive zone for 3 minutes before turning the puck over.

Watched David night in and night out last year, one of my least favorite players. St. Louis fans were pretty happy to see him go, at least the ones that sat around me.

He's a yappy little lap dog, nothing more.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Helluva a player, but I don't want him. Because of stuff like this..

..and I don't see why Edm would shop him, he's been one of the team's best stories thus far.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Caron is there to play like a 4th liner, he does just fine at that roll for a call up.

Although I feel the B's brass are waiting for a hot streak to sell high, there are plenty of NHL teams he would get a full time spot on.

SmBoston

Dec 8, 2013
Bridgewater

:clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad