Chris Bigras

bidzey*

my predictions are... he has a great camp, plays up to 9 games with Colorado starting the year. goes to Lake Erie through February, March, then is called up to Colorado to finish the year. Where will he be placed on the big team will be up to him...

that's my story and I'm sticking to it :nod:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Not a bad prediction :) The variable I see is what other LD they acquire either through trade or FA that will determine if they need Bigras sooner than later. Roy seems to be pretty keen on development but he's not strict in that he won't give a guy a chance if he's earned it just because of his age. So it really depends how they project him plus what spots are available. But I think he'll get his shot sooner than later.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'm always surprised at athletes. They seem to often need reasons to produce. How about producing those 5 point games before the selection so you get picked for team Canada?

Often in NHL athletes produce either when it's contract year, or they feel like they need to produce more against their old teams to prove they made a mistake trading them etc...

How about just go out there and produce no matter what

Most athletes are fueled on something. Some need people to doubt them, some do it to prove others wrong, some just love the game, some do it to support their family, some just like winning, some just want to be great. There is no one size fits all motivation for athletes.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
I'm really hoping to see Bigras play a little on the Avs before the end of this season. Nothing would make me happier than to see him excel on this team and help us out on D. If he could become a very solid defenseman for us and we traded O'Reilly for another D. Our D wouldn't look all that bad anymore :

Johnson - Barrie
Bigras - Whoever we trade for
Redmond - Hejda

If the right choices are made in the off season, our D could really have a different look coming into the 2015-2016 season.

bidzey*

I'm really hoping to see Bigras play a little on the Avs before the end of this season. Nothing would make me happier than to see him excel on this team and help us out on D. If he could become a very solid defenseman for us and we traded O'Reilly for another D. Our D wouldn't look all that bad anymore :

Johnson - Barrie
Redmond - Hejda

If the right choices are made in the off season, our D could really have a different look coming into the 2015-2016 season.

IMO anyways, Colorado would have to be out of the playoffs for that to happen, if not that would sure be a compliment to him. Colorado is 7 points out of a playoff spot now, when you start beating Chicago and keeping them off the scoreboard, things are looking up, and 7 points seems a smaller milestone to reach.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Johnson - Barrie
Redmond - Hejda

Hejda will either be gone by deadline or in July when he signs elsewhere. He's UFA at season's end and Stuart was (inexplicably) extended before the beginning of this season. Like it or not, Stuart was brought in to ultimately replace Hejda. I don't blame the Avs for not re-upping a guy who is on his way to age 38, but I kinda wish they'd have gone with a cheaper, better option. But whatever...Stuart should be fine as a third pairing guy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
IMO anyways, Colorado would have to be out of the playoffs for that to happen, if not that would sure be a compliment to him. Colorado is 7 points out of a playoff spot now, when you start beating Chicago and keeping them off the scoreboard, things are looking up, and 7 points seems a smaller milestone to reach.

You should see what our fanbase thinks about that win :laugh: We'll see if they don't shoot themselves in the foot against Dallas and Ottawa at home. It's more likely kids get a look than playoffs this year still. I'd just be happy to see Bigras get a few games in LE tho.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Johnson - Barrie
Redmond - Hejda

I thought Bigras wasn't eligible for a call up as he's still in Juniors?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I thought Bigras wasn't eligible for a call up as he's still in Juniors?

Once his season is over i believe he is available for the pro teams. Same situation as Bourke last year who played a little for LE in the end.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Once his season is over i believe he is available for the pro teams. Same situation as Bourke last year who played a little for LE in the end.

Well ****, I had no idea. I'd love to see Bigras and Siemens get at least a game this season. Especially with the season we're having.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
You should see what our fanbase thinks about that win :laugh: We'll see if they don't shoot themselves in the foot against Dallas and Ottawa at home. It's more likely kids get a look than playoffs this year still. I'd just be happy to see Bigras get a few games in LE tho.

Colorado has been teasing us the whole season, whenever it feels like they are gonna "turn it around" they fail the next game. I knew they would win vs Chicago, only to lose vs Dallas.. :(

bidzey*

Colorado has been teasing us the whole season, whenever it feels like they are gonna "turn it around" they fail the next game. I knew they would win vs Chicago, only to lose vs Dallas.. :(

I know the feeling... I was looking at the stats... I guess it was the Varlamov show rather than Colorado show with 54 saves... Am I reading it right? 54? ouch... really need some Ds for sure then

could be worse guys, you could be Toronto fans... :sarcasm:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I personally don't think it was THAT bad, Avs got out to a 2 goal lead the first minute of the game and hung on. They did force a lot of garbage and outside shots, Varly was great but didn't really need to go god mode until the end. And yes, if Bigras becomes that LD we need that would be lovely.

Bigras' availability depends on how quick his team exits the playoffs. You'd know better than me bidzey but I don't think it's out of the question Owen Sound wins a round. Really depends on who they draw.

bidzey*

I personally don't think it was THAT bad, Avs got out to a 2 goal lead the first minute of the game and hung on. They did force a lot of garbage and outside shots, Varly was great but didn't really need to go god mode until the end. And yes, if Bigras becomes that LD we need that would be lovely.

Bigras' availability depends on how quick his team exits the playoffs. You'd know better than me bidzey but I don't think it's out of the question Owen Sound wins a round. Really depends on who they draw.

Owen Sound will play either Erie, Sault Ste. Marie, London, or Guelph in the first round and if so 99% chance they're out in the first round. I don't see them passing any of those teams in the standings, especially after the trades that these teams already made.

I'm starting to think Owen Sound will not trade him, and I can't believe they won't if they don't. Deadline is friday noon Eastern Time. So unless Bigras is traded to a power house... he's out early.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think they could still pass Guelph but losing to them last weekend didn't help and I think London is overrated. But putting it that way then yeah there's a good chance of not making it far. I always wish Owen Sound success but would be nice for Bigras to get some pro games in before the end of the season.

bidzey*

we'll wait and see what happens :)

Last edited by a moderator:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Last year I hoped he would be traded, this year I don't. Mostly because I want an excuse to watch Palmu more. :nod:

bidzey*

Palmu is a lot of fun to watch, unbelievable player, I don't care how small he is, if Theo Fleury can make it to NHL so can Palmu, he'll be scary in a couple of years. Very similar style to Domi at WJC, but with a bit more composure and class than Domi has for character and attitude.

Don't be surprised if he's playing WJC for Finland next year.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd rather see Bigras get traded to a contender and make a deep run, or even make the Mem Cup, then go out early and get called up to the Avs.

bidzey*

well the trade deadline as past for 40 minutes now and still no news, so that mean he's still in Owen Sound... unless Owen Sound makes to top 4 in the standings, or Owen Sound starts playing Cinderella story style, odds are they're out in the first round.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
well the trade deadline as past for 40 minutes now and still no news, so that mean he's still in Owen Sound... unless Owen Sound makes to top 4 in the standings, or Owen Sound starts playing Cinderella story style, odds are they're out in the first round.

Owen Sound tweeted out that they have no trades to announce.

bidzey*

Owen Sound tweeted out that they have no trades to announce.

I really don't understand OS management in this years trades approach. If you look at the standings OS has more chance of NOT making the playoffs than even making 4rth seat, never mind making a decent run in the playoffs.

They have assets coming out of their ears that are all disappearing next year except for a slim chance that maybe Nasty (Nastasiuk) will play. Yet they done nothing except get Erik Bradford and a 6th rounders giving away 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth rounders for...

Scratching my head. I know Colorodao fans don't care about OS, and maybe this is not the right spot to say all this but... why the hell would you not get the most you can for Bigras and Cooke at this point? it's beyond me...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad