Chris Bigras

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I really don't understand OS management in this years trades approach. If you look at the standings OS has more chance of NOT making the playoffs than even making 4rth seat, never mind making a decent run in the playoffs.

They have assets coming out of their ears that are all disappearing next year except for a slim chance that maybe Nasty (Nastasiuk) will play. Yet they done nothing except get Erik Bradford and a 6th rounders giving away 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth rounders for...

Scratching my head. I know Colorodao fans don't care about OS, and maybe this is not the right spot to say all this but... why the hell would you not get the most you can for Bigras and Cooke at this point? it's beyond me...

It might be a business decision as much as anything. The few home games they could get in the playoffs might make or break the season from a profit standpoint. I have no inside knowledge, but that could be the thought process.

bidzey*

It might be a business decision as much as anything. The few home games they could get in the playoffs might make or break the season from a profit standpoint. I have no inside knowledge, but that could be the thought process.

funny you bring that up, I was saying this in the OS forum, saying it's the only thing I could see as a reason not to sell. Maybe they think selling will get them out of the playoffs. If so they better make sure they make the playoffs.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
As I said the other day I wish Owen Soubd success, I've seen quite a few of their games so I do care a little bit. I honestly don't think their playoff situation is all that dire. They are not a contender but outside of 4-5 teams many are not.

It may be partly due to what the Avs requested, if they wanted to get him more playoff time they may have looked harder for a trade. But he's already signed so it's not like it's going to make that decision on an ELC like some other guys that really need the extra playing time.

Also, isn't it important that Bigras remains a key part as a leader on this team. Tbh I would have hated him going to the Soo and having him play second fiddle to Nurse.

bidzey*

As I said the other day I wish Owen Soubd success, I've seen quite a few of their games so I do care a little bit. I honestly don't think their playoff situation is all that dire. They are not a contender but outside of 4-5 teams many are not.

It may be partly due to what the Avs requested, if they wanted to get him more playoff time they may have looked harder for a trade. But he's already signed so it's not like it's going to make that decision on an ELC like some other guys that really need the extra playing time.

Also, isn't it important that Bigras remains a key part as a leader on this team. Tbh I would have hated him going to the Soo and having him play second fiddle to Nurse.

that came across my mind too, do NHL teams influence OHL team's decision? Even when you're talking big names and eventually big bucks?

By the way I don't think Bigras playing with Nurse would make hime second fiddle to him. 2 Years ago it started like that at the SS series, by the second game Nurse was on the bench and Bigras was on for all situations. Nurse played so bad that series he was omitted from WJC. At least that's what I think is the reason Nurse wasn't called up last year.

Even this year in the SS series, they give player of the game to Nurse, meanwhile Bigras outplayed him hands down. A tweet by Corey Pronman read...
---------------
Corey Pronman @coreypronman · Nov 17
If SS any indication, Chris Bigras-COL will be leaned on at the WJC. Playing a lot of minutes in all situations.
---------------
Nurse didn't match that.

what I'm saying is, Nurse always had free glory given to him even before he earned it. After 3 years I finally seen him play up to par with it at the WJC, and even then he did a couple of bad mistakes against Russia. Long story short Bigras by his play would make Nurse second fiddle to him, because the "wine" as you say... :) would just get better as they watch it.

Frankly they have 2 totally different style of play and SSM would use that in different situations to accommodate their game time interest at hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm sure teams have to do what's best for them first of all but we had a situation last year where the Avs wanted to Blandisi to get playoff time so he was traded to Barrie. Unfortunately he got sick right after and missed the rest of they year. But they pretty much admitted the Avs had some hand in it.

I don't know enough about the Soo to know how they use their defense, just assuming Nurse is their top LD so I don't know how they'd use a Bigras hypothetically. I think Bigras is better too. I like that he's leaned so heavily on in OS, just hope for that playoff experience too ;)

Btw, hope they can get in a game one of these days. The snow must be terrible!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad