Choose one player from the history of the Panthers and put him on this team

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Because "The Professor" is an awesome nickname for a hockey player. He had a slightly higher points per game through their careers, and wasn't known for being lazy sometimes.

Having a bad knee is often confused for laziness.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Miss this guy comin' over boards.

FreIChu.jpg

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Anyone that wore the Panthers jersey...Gary Roberts.

I'd take his 53 goals, 90 points and 207 penalty minutes. He's intense and would fit very well with the current Panthers play style. I think it's the choice other than Bure.

I was going to say this until I remember he played LW and we're overloaded at that position.

Jovo in his prime would make our defense rock solid. Might as well build on a strength we have and make it that much better.

bjugstadfan

Dec 22, 2014
#1 Pavel Bure, exactly what this team needs to go super deep in the playoffs
#2 Kovalev in his prime
#3 Viktor Kozlov
#4 Valeri Bure

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Bouwmeester. In his Panther days.

Ate minutes, and scored goals.

Having a blueline of a 25 yr old Bouw, Ekblad, Campbell, Gudbranson, Mitchell and Kulikov would be really nice

This is a great answer. Not only does it take Olsen out of the lineup, but it gives us another valuable weapon on the defensive PP unit.

Bure is the obvious choice just because of this team's need for a pure goal scorer, and there is no one more pure at scoring goals in NHL history than Mr. Bure.

I like the choices of Fitzy, Svehla and others, but we have similar players on the team already. Even Jokinen wouldn't really have any space to play since we already have such a log jam at center.

One thing this team needs is someone who will just ****ing shoot the puck. Although sometimes he danced with it, I think Nathan Horton would be a great fit on this current squad. Big guy, hard, heavy shot and a nose for scoring goals. Would never surprise you with his defensive hustle or forecheck, but he could definitely score goals.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Realistically I'd have to go with

1. Pavel Bure - Perfect scoring winger who works hard to fit into system. His greatness alone should make him an easy selection.

2. Robert Svehla - Cerebral assassin from the blueline. Hard nosed, can quarterback a powerplay, plays big minutes, sturdy, stable and a heads-up player.

3. Ray Whitney - Another choice for that flashy, scoring winger position that we need to fill. He gives us speed and also deceptiveness we're lacking.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Olsen has done well. For cryin. There's always room for improvement, but I don't get people railing on him. Bouw and Guds would be a great pairing, though. And I don't like Bouw. He's cursed though.

Nope, don't need Nate. Don't understnad why anyone would say him. He's a floater, still floated with the Bruins, and fans griped about it. He did well in the playoffs, but I don't like that guy. It'd best to keep his type of play, and his attitude, away from this team. This team works hard, plays well together, and believes in each other. From what they've said anyway.

Just think you have to keep all those things in mind.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Realistically I'd have to go with

1. Pavel Bure - Perfect scoring winger who works hard to fit into system. His greatness alone should make him an easy selection.

2. Robert Svehla - Cerebral assassin from the blueline. Hard nosed, can quarterback a powerplay, plays big minutes, sturdy, stable and a heads-up player.

3. Ray Whitney - Another choice for that flashy, scoring winger position that we need to fill. He gives us speed and also deceptiveness we're lacking.

I agree with these guys! Good post. (Still want Laus, he play on the checking line, lol)

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
I vote to just make Lu 10 years younger. An extra decade of Luness and we can focus on other things elsewhere.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Olsen has done well. For cryin. There's always room for improvement, but I don't get people railing on him. Bouw and Guds would be a great pairing, though. And I don't like Bouw. He's cursed though.

Nope, don't need Nate. Don't understnad why anyone would say him. He's a floater, still floated with the Bruins, and fans griped about it. He did well in the playoffs, but I don't like that guy. It'd best to keep his type of play, and his attitude, away from this team. This team works hard, plays well together, and believes in each other. From what they've said anyway.

I like Olsen a lot tbh. Think he's a good 3rd pairing guy that has a tad bit more upside.

Just getting a younger Bouw would really bloster this defense. Especially the Bouw that scored 42 goals in 3 seasons.

Erick*

I mentioned Nate because of his shot. To be fair, I said I never liked him either. I was just bringing up different names, but Nate wouldn't even make my Top 5.

Nate was an underachiever. I wonder how good he'd be if he worked half as hard as most of our current players.

Also, I agree on Olsen. He actually saved a goal last night, I think. I think those who dislike him just have unrealistic expectations for him. He's a bottom pairing dman at a cost-efficient salary.

Erick*

Honestly though, I'm surprised Garrison isn't getting more love in this thread.

His play was a big reason we made the playoffs three years ago. Much like the dmen being talked about, he was really steady defensively. And of course, he had that bullet from the point. Our defense with Bouw would be amazing, but our defense with Garrison wouldn't be much worse if at all. Garrison was great here. I miss him actually.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I like Olsen a lot tbh. Think he's a good 3rd pairing guy that has a tad bit more upside.

Just getting a younger Bouw would really bloster this defense. Especially the Bouw that scored 42 goals in 3 seasons.

Don't get people who hammer him. He's not been amazing, but he's not supposed to be. He's a third pairing guy.

Agree on Bouw.

I mentioned Nate because of his shot. To be fair, I said I never liked him either. I was just bringing up different names, but Nate wouldn't even make my Top 5.

Nate was an underachiever. I wonder how good he'd be if he worked half as hard as most of our current players.

Also, I agree on Olsen. He actually saved a goal last night, I think. I think those who dislike him just have unrealistic expectations for him. He's a bottom pairing dman at a cost-efficient salary.

You did, just...no. Lol. Agree, if he had a work ethic, he'd have been an all-time great.

I figured you'd agree on Olsen.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Gary Roberts would fit this team for sure in terms of grit and ability. Joe Nieuwendyk too.

Sandis Ozolinsh over Bouw?

I'll take prime Beezer over Lou.... but.... that's just me maybe haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad