GDT: CHL playoffs, Round Two

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Juolevi left wide ****ing open in front of the Windsor net - buries it. Your boy Olli is GPG this series

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great shot by Juolevi on the PP.

Chatfield chasing a bit down low there.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Suck it.

Sergachev is still one of my favourite prospects

I'm extremely underhwlemed by Sergachev, but i'm also not huge on Juolevi either but it seems he doesn't get a lot of ice time and not much PP time.

Juolevi with a nice one on one defensive play against Vilardi but he almost sweeped the puck in his own net at the same time. Looks very calm defensively

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm extremely underhwlemed by Sergachev, but i'm also not huge on Juolevi either but it seems he doesn't get a lot of ice time and not much PP time.

Juolevi with a nice one on one defensive play against Vilardi but he almost sweeped the puck in his own net at the same time. Looks very calm defensively

He's had a couple of good one-on-one plays. Been very impressed with him this game.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Agreed. Always kinda thought Serg was overrated and a huge risky boom/bust kinda guy. Also thought Juol should of gone around 8th but hope he prooves himself to be worth such a high pick :nod:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Sergachev to Brown, deflected by Aaron Luchuk into the net. Powerplay goal Windsor. 2 - 1 London.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Sergachev is a carbon copy of Luca Sbisa.

Juolevi is going to be incredible at the NHL level. If there's one thing that's certain TD that iq + skill always translates. Serg just doesn't have the iq.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sergachev to Brown, deflected by Aaron Luchuk into the net. Powerplay goal Windsor. 2 - 1 London.

Juolevi in the box far that one as well. Looked like he wasn't happy with a couple extra hacks on his goalie and took the roughing call.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great shift by Windsor to tie the game. Juolevi running around a bit and then couldn't clearly the front of the net on the goal.

These last two games are the first two chances I've had to really watch Jalen Chatfield. I kind of like him, actually. His play reminds me of Tanev, albeit obviously a lower level version of him. Seems like a guy that gets the tough minutes and lets his partner play his game. Wouldn't surprise me if he's one on those guys that whoever plays with him plays his best.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Me too. I think he is edging towards the 3rd pick in this draft.

He looks really good down low on the cycle in these games. The scouting report on Vilardi says his greatest strength is his vision/hockey IQ and only weakness is a lack of explosiveness in his first 3 strides. But watching him in this series, his edging is excellent and he has pretty quick feet. He might be a guy where a summer of work with a skating coach like Barb Aidelbaum (Hamhuis/Booth) or Kathy McIlwain (Horvat) could really help him.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Good to know...I was watching this series mostly to watch OJ but this is a nice bonus to watch if we do happen to get him as well..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad