GDT: CHL NHL prospects game (Jan 25 9:30PM EST TSN3)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Benson had a good 2nd half, pretty dynamic out there and great offensive awarenesses, just think this is not a great fit for the Habs. Yager displayed some great speed, but overall you want to see more from a top 10 pick. Heidt had some good moments, loved the physicality of Mackinnon on the back end.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Benson had a good 2nd half, pretty dynamic out there and great offensive awarenesses, just think this is not a great fit for the Habs. Yager displayed some great speed, but overall you want to see more from a top 10 pick. Heidt had some good moments, loved the physicality of Mackinnon on the back end.

Everything is a fit for the Habs. They need talent in any form.

I'll take Benson over f***ing Barlow 10/10.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Benson reminds me a lot of Keller. He's going to be a player in the NHL and put up points.

He's small no question, and needs work on his skating, but it's no worse than Caufield's skating in his draft year. He's pretty smooth.

He isn't flashy in the way he plays. Toronto fans get pissed at Marner because he still makes bullshit junior plays, where he does no look back passes, or other crazy stuff, and chokes up the puck.

Benson doesn't do that. His puck management is one of the best facets of his game. Benson is all about execution. He's Marchand/Keller type.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's absolutely unreal how badly Benson's outperforming a top 10 pick from a year ago in Savoie. Benson outperformed Savoie in Winnipeg's playoff run last spring as well.

When you're skilled, competitive and smart.. it often plays better than being skilled but not as competitive and not nearly as smart.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Everything is a fit for the Habs. They need talent in any form.

I'll take Benson over f***ing Barlow 10/10.
There is talent of different form after 4 and size still matters whether we like it or not.

Keep in mind that Hughes traded for a 6"4 center and drafted a 6"3 power winger at the top of the draft. I would be schoked if Benson was a legit option for them.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There is talent of different form after 4 and size still matters whether we like it or not.

Keep in mind that Hughes traded for a 6"4 center and drafted a 6"3 power winger at the top of the draft. I would be schoked if Benson was a legit option for them.

Keep in mind that they did those things and talked about in their draft meetings how getting players like Dach and Slafkovsky can allow them to pick smaller players with talent.

If we secure PLD.. is it really the worst thing in the world if Benson is on L2 and Caufield is on L1.. the next smallest player in the top 6 is a 5'11 Suzuki.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Keep in mind that they did those things and talked about in their draft meetings how getting players like Dach and Slafkovsky can allow them to pick smaller players with talent.

If we secure PLD.. is it really the worst thing in the world if Benson is on L2 and Caufield is on L1.. the next smallest player in the top 6 is a 5'11 Suzuki.
I get your point and respect your opinion.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I get your point and respect your opinion.
Both points are valid. If HuGo consider their are 2 players of equal value at their pick they will likey go for the bigger player. And if they think a player like Benson is a step above the next player on their list, and they don't think any lack of size will affect his play in the NHL, they will take Benson.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Both points are valid. If HuGo consider their are 2 players of equal value at their pick they will likey go for the bigger player. And if they think a player like Benson is a step above the next player on their list, and they don't think any lack of size will affect his play in the NHL, they will take Benson.

100% and Benson is in a tier with Smith, Yager, Sale and Cristall. So I'd be fine if they went with Smith or Yager, actually I would definitely take Smith ahead of Benson.

But if they reached on Dvorsky because of size, I'd be mad.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
100% and Benson is in a tier with Smith, Yager, Sale and Cristall. So I'd be fine if they went with Smith or Yager, actually I would definitely take Smith ahead of Benson.

I actually like Moore and Dvorsky better than any players you listed.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Benson's the same height as Gally at age 17. He's also more offensively gifted. He plays with lots of heart like Gally. Not sure if he'll ever be as stocky as Gally but look out if he could ever grow to 6 feet tall!
Benson also has the babiest of faces, gosh i'm swooning
There are legit reasons to believe he's not done growing/thiccening
If we believe in the Hutson miracle, why are some of us so picky about Benson here?

Reactions: Schooner Guy

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I actually like Moore and Dvorsky better than any players you listed.

1674764044690.png

• Haha
Reactions: Twisted Sinister

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

There's a lot more to Dvorsky than just size. I predict he's going to torch the WU18 tournament.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There's a lot more to Dvorsky than just size. I predict he's going to torch the WU18 tournament.

I'm not saying he's only size.. just in terms of his offensive ability and tools, they are a clear tier below the guys above.. so you'd be sacrificing higher offensive upside just to pick a bigger player.

I'd be mad at that.

All of the guys I listed above are better shooters, puck handlers, and playmakers than Dvorsky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad