GDT: CHL NHL prospects game (Jan 25 9:30PM EST TSN3)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Getting a great G prospect in ‘23…more important than getting that RD?

I’m feeling that way.
Goalies too unpredictable to burn first rounder on.. Especially this draft. So much offense available. Goalies take so long to develop now you can pick a Monty on waivers. Or sign a Samasnov as UFA. You know more what you get. Teams can only protect CHL goalies for 3 years pro.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Goalies too unpredictable to burn first rounder on.. Especially this draft. So much offense available. Goalies take so long to develop now you can pick a Monty on waivers. Or sign a Samasnov as UFA. You know more what you get. Teams can only protect CHL goalies for 3 years pro.
But I didn’t say first round.

And RD options for round 1 are thin as H.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Goalies are waiver exempt for 4 professional years. Primeau is finally waivers eligible in September.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
But I didn’t say first round.

And RD options for round 1 are thin as H.
I wouldn't even go 2nd round. I know by 23 odds are he won't be mature. High chance lose him to rebuilding team. The CHL now a days goalies seem not top development league. I would go Euro if you want one bad enough. Keep control longer.

But in general I would spend my picks elsewhere and just watch waiver wire for next Monty. Or UFA market

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I wouldn't even go 2nd round. I know by 23 odds are he won't be mature. High chance lose him to rebuilding team. The CHL now a days goalies seem not top development league. I would go Euro if you want one bad enough. Keep control longer.

But in general I would spend my picks elsewhere and just watch waiver wire for next Monty. Or UFA market
I’d like one ‘home grown’ killa goalie, THIS time surrounded by some like talents.

Here’s to HuGo making a couple of cool moves by the TDL.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Getting a great G prospect in ‘23…more important than getting that RD?

I’m feeling that way.

They gotta get Hrabal or Bjarnason. Legitimately they can't miss on both those guys.

There should be some value RHD elsewhere in this draft. If not, next year has a lot of promising D men.

It's entirely possible though that we could get Will Smith at 6, then get Reinbacher at 13. Then have a third first round pick to grab Bjarnason or Hrabal. High 2nd we can grab a forward who fell out of round 1.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
They gotta get Hrabal or Bjarnason. Legitimately they can't miss on both those guys.

There should be some value RHD elsewhere in this draft. If not, next year has a lot of promising D men.

It's entirely possible though that we could get Will Smith at 6, then get Reinbacher at 13. Then have a third first round pick to grab Bjarnason or Hrabal. High 2nd we can grab a forward who fell out of round 1.
That kind of scenario. YES.

The upcoming draft can turbo charge the rebuild, but I think my own lack of patience wants more out of it than is reasonable.

Bjarnason and Hrabal…either would be cool gets.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Alright, so highlights aside, I thought White got excellent tending, Bjarnason was also noteworthy for Team Red.

For most of the season, I decided to play nice with some prospects because of pre-conceived notions from the previous season and tourneys. I'm going to try and be more convictive with my rankings moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad