Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
The thing about players is like Parise and Guentzel and whomever else you want to compare him to - a lot of their growth as players occurred outside of the NCAA. Parise's college numbers (and especially his AHL numbers and first season in the NHL numbers) don't really suggest the player he became.

So yeah, the hype train certainly needs to slow down, but Anderson looks like he'll be contributing to the Devils sooner rather than later (or never).

Parise's numbers were great in college.

2002–03 University of North Dakota NCAA 39 26 35 61 34 — — — — —
2003–04 University of North Dakota NCAA 37 23 32 55 24 — — — — —

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Parise's numbers were great in college.

2002–03 University of North Dakota NCAA 39 26 35 61 34 — — — — —
2003–04 University of North Dakota NCAA 37 23 32 55 24 — — — — —

Absolutely they were. They still don't necessarily suggest an NHL star, especially when you consider that Bochenski is on that team as well putting up similar numbers (albeit being 2 years older). But I guess it's hard to be better than Parise was in college so I'll have to concede that yeah that's pretty damn good.

More importantly if we're circling back to the Parise-Anderson comparison is that Anderson's numbers were nowhere close to Parise's in his freshman year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Parise was a magician in college...he looked like he was going to be a play making center...in fact, the first time I saw him live I compared him to Neal Broten to a friend.

I personally don't see any Anderson/Parise resemblance.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A separate question... is Joey Anderson getting vastly overhyped here?

I honestly have no idea but I'm seeing him compared to Parise now and I am very hesitant to give anyone that burden when I don't know much on them. Just seems to have escalated very quickly.

About as much as the current trend to underhype McLeod

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I honestly have no idea but I'm seeing him compared to Parise now and I am very hesitant to give anyone that burden when I don't know much on them. Just seems to have escalated very quickly.

I think people are getting overly excited, but he has looked good for a while.

Anderson is stylistically more like a Langenbrunner or Stempniak. Smart players who can play in defensive situations but have enough skill to compliment skilled forwards and produce.

We will see how he develops, but I'm hopeful for something between a high-end 2nd line RW or a strong middle-six RW from him. Anything more will definitely surprise me.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Top 9 after the all star break in January 2019 - yes I'm projecting -

Hall Nico Palmieri
Zacha McLeod Anderson
MarJo Henrique Speers

Making several assumptions but nothing crazy

Or third line is MarJo Zajac Speers
And Henrique has been traded in a package for defense

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Bought tickets to the prospect tournament in Buffalo. I'll be going Friday vs BUF and Saturday vs PIT (and my brother wanted to see BUF vs BOS on Saturday night so I'll be at that one too).

I'll probably be live posting from the game like I did last year.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

I wouldn't say OVERhyped, he's proving to be a very valuable prospect and because he's shone recently there's a buzz about him. Comparing him to a player like Parise is a bit of longshot, but if you look more at playing style than his expected production as a pro, it makes a lot of sense.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
comparing him to Parise doesn't mean we think he is going to produce like Parise, though

Severson's game reminds me a lot of Duncan Keith but that doesnt mean I think hes ever going to be that good

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
comparing him to Parise doesn't mean we think he is going to produce like Parise, though

Severson's game reminds me a lot of Duncan Keith but that doesnt mean I think hes ever going to be that good

Does he have the quicks of Parise? Not seeing it. But otherwise? Maybe.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Talked to the mods about this and everything seems to be okay but I can take this post down if needed.

A friend and I, in our effort to get through the offseason, started putting together some shift-by-shift videos of our prospects.

Here are just a few

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
When you watch that video of McLeod, does anyone not think he's ready for pro?
I hope they give him a legit shot at making this team in the Top 9, especially after Zajac's injury.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I hope they give him a legit shot at making this team in the Top 9, especially after Zajac's injury.

Second half McLeod definitely looked like it but first half didn't. You always look for progress though so I'd rather strong than start strong. But it still begs the question, which McLeod would we be getting next season at the NHL level? If he shows up to training camp and pre-season the way he did the back half of last season then I don't see why he shouldn't stick with the team. That McLeod was a monster and deserves to take the next step in his career.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

He's ready physically with his tools, it's just about whether being in the NHL is the best thing for him short and long term.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Talked to the mods about this and everything seems to be okay but I can take this post down if needed.

A friend and I, in our effort to get through the offseason, started putting together some shift-by-shift videos of our prospects
Very cool. Thank you.

Do you know the date on the Hischier game?

His attention to his own zone is more than impressive. His work on the half wall on the PP is Very Elias-like

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Very cool. Thank you.

Do you know the date on the Hischier game?

His attention to his own zone is more than impressive. His work on the half wall on the PP is Very Elias-like

Judging by the title of the video, March 24th.

Going to watch the Nico and Mikey games soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad