Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Re: Kerfoot and signing bonuses, there's a clause that very specifically governs this, 9.3e

(e) An SPC for a Group 1 Player, which is filed with Central Registry after the Club'svlast Regular Season Game, and which is to be effective for the League Year during which it is filed, may contain a Signing Bonus payable during that first (the current) League Year only if: (i) such SPC is a multi-year SPC, (ii) such Club is currently playing in the Playoffs, (iii) such Player is eligible to play in the Playoffs, and (iv) the SPC is signed and filed with Central Registry by 5:00 pm New York time no later than the day prior to the Club's last NHL Game in that League Year.

So yeah, if he's not signed this weekend, there's not a ton of sense in taking a year off his deal because it's not like Kerfoot is this guaranteed future NHL star - if they gave him a max no performance bonus ELC (like what Wood and Santini have) he may get paid more on that than on a 2nd contract.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Feel bad for DevsFan30 putting in all this work for it to be lost on the last thread:

Thursday's Activity:

Frozen Four:
Joey Anderson - 1 goal, 1 assist, +2, 6 shots in Minnesota-Duluth's 2-1 win vs. Harvard
Alexander Kerfoot - 1 assist (PP), -1, 4 shots, won 8 of 19 draws for Harvard
Final season stats: 36 games, 16 goals, 29 assists, +20, 18 PIM

WHL Playoffs:
Colby Sissons - E in Swift Current's 2-1 win at Regina
*SC leads series, 1-0

Friday's Activity:

OHL Playoffs:
Michael McLeod - 2 assists (PP), E, 2 PIM (high-stick), 4 shots, won 17 of 26 draws, 2nd star in Mississauga's 3-2 loss vs. Oshawa
Nathan Bastian - E, 2 PIM (high-stick), 5 shots, won 13 of 26 draws, 3rd star for Mississauga
*Jeremy Brodeur stopped 50 of 52 shots, 1st star
*Oshawa leads series, 1-0

Colton White - 1 assist (PP), E, 2 PIM (coinc. high-stick), 1 shot in SSM's 4-1 win vs. Owen Sound
Blake Speers - +1, 2 PIM (hold), 7 shots, won 11 of 19 draws for SSM
*SSM leads series, 2-0

WHL Playoffs:
Colby Sissons - -2 in Swift Current's 6-2 loss at Regina
*series tied, 1-1

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Joey's magical season comes to a disappointing end. Would have something to win gold at World Juniors and an NCAA Championship in the same season. Oh well.

Final season stats: 41 games, 12 goals, 25 assists, +12, 8 PIM

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Mikey just missed a wide open net. Good period from him otherwise. Bastian might have just got an assist in Tippett's goal.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I am liking McLeod's brother, Ryan. Definitely going to keep an eye on him for next season. Has more points than Mikey did in his -1 Draft year.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I am liking McLeod's brother, Ryan. Definitely going to keep an eye on him for next season. Has more points than Mikey did in his -1 Draft year.

A little lighter on goals, but more then double the assists. A late sept b-day.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Just some quick thoughts.

- McLeod didn't have his best game but he still created a number of good chances for his teammates. He did miss that glorious open net and then he missed another in the second but I don't think he was expecting the pass to make it over from Watson. Made a really nice play to prevent a goal in the first period. Overall a good game from but he's had better.

- Bastian was okay, had a few good drives to the net but overall didn't do much offensively. Had some trouble with the puck around the point in his own end. He wasn't playing the wing but he found himself in that position quite a bit.

- Hague didn't have the best of games, a lot of turnovers in his own end. Saarijarvi impressed me quite a bit (Red Wings draft pick from 2015). Tippett was okay. His shot is absolutely insane and he's a better skater than I thought but the other parts of his game didn't really shine today. McLeod's brother played well, skates an awful lot like Mikey (not as fast of course).

- And just a strange little thing I saw on their powerplay was that when the Generals cleared the puck McLeod would stay in the Generals end until the play started moving up the ice, then circle around to just below center ice and skate in with his linemates. I found it odd in general but especially because McLeod was by far the best skater on the ice, having him not be a bigger part of the transition was odd. I don't know if that's something they've done all year and found success with or a new strategy.

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Sunday's OHL Playoffs:

Michael McLeod - 1 assist, +1, 1 shot, won 16 of 25 draws in Missisauga's 7-3 win vs. Oshawa
Nathan Bastian - 1 assist, E, 2 shots, won 6 of 17 draws for Mississauga
*series tied, 1-1

Blake Speers - -1, 1 shot, won 11 of 21 draws in SSM's 4-1 loss at Owen Sound
Colton White - -2, 2 PIM (board) for SSM
*SSM leads series, 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad