Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I can't do justice to how dominant Zacha has been in this third period. He looks like prime Jaromir Jagr out there.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Awesome for Zacha! Tuesday should be fun with three game 7's in the OHL that night and we have a handful of prospects in there.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
"The Pavel Zacha show"

I like the sounds of that :P That second goal was great, what a burst of speed.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Sorry guys I'll have vines from the game up tomorrow. Awesome night for Zacha and he's now back up to a 2 points/game pace in the playoffs.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
How's his defensive game? I'm guessing pretty solid since he was voted top penalty killer or something like that. He has Barkov size so if he's a big two way center those are hard to find.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
How's his defensive game? I'm guessing pretty solid since he was voted top penalty killer or something like that. He has Barkov size so if he's a big two way center those are hard to find.

Very responsible. The Sting defensemen like to pinch and come up high on the rush, and Zacha's always the first person to go back and cover the point. Skates backwards with the other D if the play goes the other way, too.

He's a gem. Every game I see him play I get more excited.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zacha 12 points in 6 games
JQ 7 points in 5 games
Speers 7 points in 6 games
Jacobs a Dman, 5 points in 6 games.

Santini, Wood and Dudek in the Frozen 4.

Albany rolling along strong.

Big club graduates of Blandisi and Boucher. Maybe Pietila?

Helluva year for Devils prospects.

Remember "worst prospect pool in the NHL" talk barely 5 months ago?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
JQ 7 points in 5 games

All busts. The main board says we have no prospects.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Is Speers moving into that top tier of our prospects?

I always like to think of prospects in tiers

Top tier: Zacha, Santini and Quenneville. To me this means nearly certain NHL players.

Next tier: Jacobs, Speers, Blackwood or Wood. I see these types as good possibilities with lots still to prove...could go up a tier or down a tier.

3rd tier: tough road ahead of them but still to soon to drop to the 4th tier...Ben Johnson, Ben Thompson, Graham Black, Reece Scarlett, Ryan Kujawinski. AHL guys usually with time running out or limited.

4th tier = No chane. No need to put names here. When they are here they don't matter anymore.

If those are the tiers, then I'm not sure I'd put Speers there yet. A smallish offensive forward needs to prove he can do it at the AHL level before you can classify him as a surefire NHLer.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If those are the tiers, then I'm not sure I'd put Speers there yet. A smallish offensive forward needs to prove he can do it at the AHL level before you can classify him as a surefire NHLer.

He's not that small though. 5'11, 183 is an okay size and of course he'll continue to build from there. I agree he's not a surefire NHL guy but for a 3rd round pick there is a lot to be excited about with him.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
JQ 7 points in 5 games

White has had a good playoffs thus far for SSM

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
JQ 7 points in 5 games

Zacha is unreal. I was never that worried about his production during the season as he had injuries left and right.
When healthy:
55 points(27 G, 28 A) in 36 games played(including playoffs).
27 goals in 36 games is quite the stat. They're all sorts of goals too, snipes, crashing the net, rebounds, etc.

When probably injured(WJC-Concussion):
21 pts in 21 games played.
Nothing to scoff at but you'd like to see more obviously.

People look at Konecny coming, who was healthy playing on the same team and saying "wow, Zacha can't do that, that's crazy."

Konecny only had 30 goals in 60 games. .5 gpg while Zacha had .75 gpg when healthy. Goals is a more transferable stat too. If healthy Zacha played 60 games he'd have 45 goals and 47 assists for 92 points. Talk about balanced.

It might not be fair to extrapolate over a full season for those stats but you have to imagine they'd be close based on his level of play right now.

He's a beast.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Some people wanted Barzal with the #6 overall -- For a third round pick, I think we got a reasonable facsimile in Speers :)

This is a fun tool - https://public.tableau.com/views/CHL...es&:showTabs=y

Barzal-Speers_zpsw1riiy3y.png

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I'm excited by what our prospects have done this year. The organization is taking steps forward as a whole. Still some distance to go, but we're moving in the direction we need to, and most of the time that feels good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad