Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Did the wheat kings play tonight? Quiet night for JQ?

They play tomorrow night (well technically tonight now)

Wednesday night in Edmonton. JQ is actually tied for the lead in points with 2...that's how rough of a series it's been for the Wheat Kings. We'll see if that changes in Game 3

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
Something very weird happened last night in the Barrie vs Missisauga game.

Blackwood apparently left the game in 2OT due to injury that occured during a disallowed goal. The backup came in and let in his only shot against.

Can't find any video of it so far, the OHL website won't load it for me.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Hope Blackwood is okay. He's had a pretty tough year. His stats are pretty good though regardless of everything that has happened(suspensions, WJC, injuries, etc.).

On another note, Colton White is quite the player. He could be a a great top-4 guy in the future. His defense is fantastic, he's a great skater and looks extremely smart out there. Between him, Jacobs and Santini, we've replenished our defensive prospect depth quite nicely.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, sorry if I insinuated anything. I completely understand what you mean. It's not wise to judge a player from just one play. Otherwise we'd look at Ruutu through just this play

No worries wasn't offended by anything, but just trying to defend my viewpoint in general, because I can see some are misreading it.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Your point is right. You can't make a determination off one play.

That said disagreeing with Button overall for his overall body of play is fair too I think (plus Button gets it wrong as much as anyone).
I would also take his opinion with a grain of salt, he was down on Zacha during his draft year, had him ranked at 24(!). Way farther down than anyone else reputable had from what I saw so he just may be a prospect he does not like for whatever reason as far as his game is concerned.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Enough guys. Rseen made his point clear. He is right you can't judge Zacha's playmaking on one play.

That doesn't mean he is dissing Zacha's playmaking ability or agreeing with Button. No need to jump down his throat.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
i stupidly was reading the main board and i have to say its sickening how the flyer fans love to twist the knife regarding Konecny vs. Zacha

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
i stupidly was reading the main board and i have to say its sickening how the flyer fans love to twist the knife regarding Konecny vs. Zacha

Yeah, there's a reason I try to stay away from the main boards. They are infected by stupidity.

Game starts at 9PM EST

Thank you for that link. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some of the game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

There is nothing to twist. Good for Konecny for having a solid regular season but he is out how. Zacha is having a very solid playoffs and I feel more confident he will translate into a NHL talent over Konecny.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Quiet night so far for JQ. He's getting chances though. Brandon leads 2-1 after two periods. Brandon Baddock is a wrecking ball out here. Just laying guys out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad