Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Zacha has been good tonight, had 3 or 4 chances already but hasn't converted. Used his strength to bulldoze down along the boards and draw a penalty. Jacobs gets an assist on the PP for a Korostelev goal

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Troubling - Sarnia has 6 goals tonight and not one point for Zacha. Any chance the kid is injured?

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Zacha last 5 games he has not been very impressive despite hes team putting up solid Numbers.

Weat Kings With 7 goals and not one point by queenville, disappointing Friday for these two.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Zacha last 5 games he has not been very impressive despite hes team putting up solid Numbers.

Weat Kings With 7 goals and not one point by queenville, disappointing Friday for these two.

Over analyzing single games much?

Prospects are about the process of development, who cares about one game or one short stretch? It means nothing.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
One pointless game is not troubling. Kid is above a PPG pace and is doing fine.

It's not just one pointless game, he's had a rough stretch. I'm one of the biggest Zacha supporters, my concern is that he might be playing hurt. He seems like he's been a different player lately, he's gone from dominating to being a cog in the wheel.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Improvement is one thing to hang his hat on. But 1.2 ppg is pretty pedestrian for a top 10 pick's post draft year. His shot is fantastic, but you'd like to see him be able to create more against junior opposition.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Over analyzing single games much?

Prospects are about the process of development, who cares about one game or one short stretch? It means nothing.

Of course Zacha's going to be overanalyzed...he's the highest forward pick we've had basically since Kirk Muller.

(well actually Shanahan and Bill Guerin were also top five picks way back when, the latter in 1989. So it's still been over a generation since we've had a forward picked this high)

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Wasn't able to watch the game tonight since I was watching Deadpool with the lady, but Zacha had an assist on the game-winning PP goal. Huge win for Sarnia, snapping a 17 game regular season losing streak to the London Knights.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Good day for our goaltending prospects Blackwood & Appleby.

Why is Speers' scoring way down this season compared to last?
Weaker team?

Much weaker team if I recall correctly. I think FMASC posted the numbers a few days ago but I'm pretty sure his advanced numbers relative to last year are a little better this season.

Edit: Here it is

Speers is particularly impressive. While his PPG went down this year, he is playing on a much less stacked team this season.

SSM 14-15 GPG: 5.0
SSM 15-16 GPG: 3.4

Speers 14-15 PPG: 1.18
Speers 15-16 PPG: 0.98

Speers PPG/SSM GPG 14-15: 0.23
Speers PPG/SSM GPG 15-16: 0.29

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Troubling - Sarnia has 6 goals tonight and not one point for Zacha. Any chance the kid is injured?

I don't understand comments like this. All your doing is stat watching and not seeing a point by a player and claiming he's had a bad game. Points alone do not determine a successful game and you both know that... Let alone stats from a single game.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I don't understand comments like this. All your doing is stat watching and not seeing a point by a player and claiming he's had a bad game. Points alone do not determine a successful game and you both know that... Let alone stats from a single game.

Say let's start with JQ I will agree with you that I haven't watch one full game with him playing for the Weat Kings, but isn't it okay to say that I am disappointed in him not having any point in a blowout W? Most people on this board know JQ is not all about points so if it was a close low scoring game or against a top team it would be ok.
Another way to look at it is to know as a player what games you can take a break in a tight schedule or if he had a little minor injury.

Zacha is a different beast, a top 6 ovr pick the story is a little bit different but again not so much.
I have a subscription to the OHL so I can watch games and the games I usually see is Sunday afternoon or for you in the U.S. Early Sunday.

Two reasons to see him and Jacobs is, one: I have a job ;) two: end of a week with zacha having played often both Friday and Saturday so what does he have left after a long stretch of games and usually it's against good opponent.

Zacha is good end of story. He plays such a pro style game, he skilled with speed and a body of a grown man, but all these things people know.!
That's why it's disappointing that he hasn't put up many points these last games. Is it concerning or is it a injury I think like other posters said he is playing injured.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Wasn't able to watch the game tonight since I was watching Deadpool with the lady, but Zacha had an assist on the game-winning PP goal. Huge win for Sarnia, snapping a 17 game regular season losing streak to the London Knights.

That's one thing I've noticed about Zacha. He seems to be in on a lot of game-winning and game-tying goals. Seems to elevate his play when the game is on the line.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What the guys name? Came out of high school, Acton Boxboro to play for Buffalo then won the cup with Pittsburgh twice? I'm drawing a blank on his name

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Zacha game is perfectly suited for the pro game. With that size, skill and speed I have no worries about him whatsoever. Been around here long enough to know that ppg in juniors means jack in determining a players rate of success on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad