Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
BU's goalie kept them in the game and was justifiably awarded MVP of the tournament. Wood's speed was definitely on display. He took a penalty and got on a breakaway after he rejoined play. He was almost going a little too fast and couldn't lift the backhand. His penalty was a little weird too, he basically led with his head while delivering a hit and headbutted BU's Ahti Oksanen, then followed through with the rest of his check.

Interesting that you mention that :laugh:

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Greene-Larsson
______-Severson
______-Santini

Our right side has so much potential.

And about the left side.

Moore is signed for 2 more years.

Merrill is also not likely going anywhere.

Helgeson has looked good in his call up.

Last but not least Schlemko has made a SOLID argument to get a longer term deal. If the Devils sign Schlemko to a 2 or 3 year deal your going to see them moving some D out for forward help.

Oh and Gelinas.

It will be interesting to see how thins progress

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Not too much action tonight for our prospects, just OHL action

-Sarnia Sting at Soo Greyhounds (Zacha, Speers & White)
-Owen Sound Attack at Barrie Colts (MacKenzie Blackwood)

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Don't agree with the Wood suspension, but I can understand why...thought they should have just left it at the 2 minute minute they originally called.

Zacha is back on the left wing tonight.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Don't agree with the Wood suspension, but I can understand why...thought they should have just left it at the 2 minute minute they originally called.

Every blatant and avoidable hit to the head is going to be suspended across the board.

No sports league wants to see the PR backlash by not reprimanding players for hits to the head.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Some quick notes for the Sarnia Sting - Soo Greyhounds game:

-Zacha is back on the LW and looks fantastic. He's a beast along the boards and in the cycle, and is actually stickhandling really well today. He's more slippery on the ice tonight, and his passes are (as always) tape-to-tape. The Greyhounds goalie is standing on his head. I really can't wait for him to play in the NHL next year.

-Colton White is having an incredible game...great defensive plays and solid overall positioning, good keep-ins, and solid offensive potential..great stuff on the PK and PP

-Josh Jacobs is having a quietly solid game too...broken up lots of offensive chances for the Greyhounds

-Speers is relatively quiet tonight, but is making chances happen and is playing significantly on the PK

Great stuff so far. I love junior hockey!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Jacobs turns 20 relatively soon. Would he stay another year in Juniors?

Or is he Albany for sure next year?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I actually think they let him off easy. That was blatant.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Some quick notes for the Sarnia Sting - Soo Greyhounds game:

-Zacha is back on the LW and looks fantastic. He's a beast along the boards and in the cycle, and is actually stickhandling really well today. He's more slippery on the ice tonight, and his passes are (as always) tape-to-tape. The Greyhounds goalie is standing on his head. I really can't wait for him to play in the NHL next year.

Just what we need, more LW's.

I think this draft we have to go BRHFA.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i think santini stays in college. according to his bio, he's studying in BC's school of management, which is no joke.

if he was studying something like psych or archaeology (no offense to anyone with those majors), he'd probably be willing to leave. but i think there's something to read into majors students take up. like farnham had a major in Commerce, Organizations & Entrepreneurship, and coleman had a bio in interdisciplinary business management with a minor in sport management, and they both stayed 4 years. with our logjam as well, i don't think there's any rush for him either. plus another year of coaching under jerry york is never a bad idea

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i think santini stays in college. according to his bio, he's studying in BC's school of management, which is no joke.

if he was studying something like psych or archaeology (no offense to anyone with those majors), he'd probably be willing to leave. but i think there's something to read into majors students take up. like farnham had a major in Commerce, Organizations & Entrepreneurship, and coleman had a bio in interdisciplinary business management with a minor in sport management, and they both stayed 4 years. with our logjam as well, i don't think there's any rush for him either. plus another year of coaching under jerry york is never a bad idea

I also think, if you stayed there 3 years, and you are not gauranteed an NHL spot the following year, why would you leave?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I also think, if you stayed there 3 years, and you are not gauranteed an NHL spot the following year, why would you leave?

exactly. which is why the miles wood stuff, while being a rational fear, isn't one to be particularly worried about. the only reason why we're worried is because he's a late round pick who blossomed into a seemingly fantastic player out of nowhere. we weren't worried about blake coleman or pietila leaving, but technically they could've gone the same route (free agency). sure, woods talent is miles :)laugh:) ahead of theirs, and i get we were scarred before by whatshisname for pulling that loophole crap, but i don't think we're gonna be in that situation. unless wood gets too cocky, in which case i will be wishing he collapses a la justin schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad