Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I love Button's rankings. Pronman as well.

They are one of the few prospect guys who are not afraid to go off the mainstream list. They both have a different but understandable perspective on drafting prospects. Pronman values skill, high upside, and general rates goaltenders very low, but for good reason.

I'm sure most scouting departments have dramatically different lists than the general consensus.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Yeah as much as I think Zacha belongs in any list of top-50 prospects, you can't deny that almost every forward on that list is having a more impressive season than him. Rantanen in particular, I don't know how you can fault that decision. Rantanen has more points per game in the AHL than Zacha has in juniors. That's incredibly impressive for a 19yo.

The guys I really don't think should be on that list are Senshyn and Hartman. Dickinson's another guy I'm not too keen on, but as a generally productive forward in the AHL, I can see why he'd get a nod.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Yeah as much as I think Zacha belongs in any list of top-50 prospects, you can't deny that almost every forward on that list is having a more impressive season than him. Rantanen in particular, I don't know how you can fault that decision. Rantanen has more points per game in the AHL than Zacha has in juniors. That's incredibly impressive for a 19yo.

I really wanted Rantanen with our pick, but hopefully Zacha will be a much more long term prospect with a higher ceiling. But yeah I had to double check the stats on that list for Rantanen, above a PPG as a rookie in the AHL is unreal.

Last edited:

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Loved Rantanen, he was my second choice after Zacha. I'm thrilled that we have Pavel but I'm impressed with what Rantanen's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce