Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
where'd you see that about Kerfoot? The NCAA site lists Harvard as only scoring one unassisted goal against Notre Dame tonight.

EDIT: Must be something wrong with the site. Everywhere else has the correct 4-1 score. Nice to see Kerfoot picking up right where he left off last season.

Maybe he can do some convincing at get Vesey to sign with NJ. :laugh:

brule2000

Jan 9, 2006
Nice, but man Sarnia overall sucks.

I don't really understand all this "Sarnia sux" stuff. They have a winning record, are second in their division, have a positive goals differential. They comfortably head the Soo (featuring two of our other picks).

Now, Guelph and Sudbury.... :help:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I don't really understand all this "Sarnia sux" stuff. They have a winning record, are second in their division, have a positive goals differential. They comfortably head the Soo (featuring two of our other picks).

Now, Guelph and Sudbury.... :help:

Yeah but the division is trash. 5 out of 10 in the conference and 9 out of 20 in the league. 13-9-2 is pretty average. A large part of that is purely Zacha carrying the team on his back and making them look better than they are. Without him they're pretty bad.

21 points in 19 games is good, I wonder how gaudy he can get that number by the end of the year.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Zacha now ahead of Marner and Strome in goals, with less games played than both. I haven't done the math, but he has to be top 10, maybe top 5 in goals per game in the league. Most of the guys in front of him have between 23 and 26 games played, Zacha has only played 19.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
There's more to hockey than scoring goals.. and Marner/Strome are better at many of those aspects.

It's pretty simple to view them as better prospects while still being happy with Zacha's performance so far.

Funny, because I was always told that stats are the best indicator for success of a prospect. And if you want to talk about there being more to hockey than stats, I will be glad to talk about a player in the Zacha mold translating to the pro game as opposed to a player in the Marner mold. Let's face it, absolute best case scenario on Marner is Pat Kane, and that's highly unlikely.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Mack Black getting lit up right now, 4-0 Ice Dogs. I tuned in when it was 2-0 Ice Dogs (perks of living in St. Catharines, maybe the only perk :laugh:) and it's been pretty much all Ice Dogs. The Colts have not helped out Blackwood at all tonight.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Funny, because I was always told that stats are the best indicator for success of a prospect. And if you want to talk about there being more to hockey than stats, I will be glad to talk about a player in the Zacha mold translating to the pro game as opposed to a player in the Marner mold. Let's face it, absolute best case scenario on Marner is Pat Kane, and that's highly unlikely.

You're ignoring half the stats when just looking at goals :laugh:

Go look at PPG..

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
You're ignoring half the stats when just looking at goals :laugh:

Go look at PPG..

I'm well aware that they have better ppg. My point is that in terms of goal scoring, he leads both. Marner also gets to play with Dvorak and Tkachuk and Max Jones, and Zacha gets to play with uhhh, well, uhh.. Nice to rack up those secondary assists when you have world class prospects on the ice with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad