Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Hoelscher's been outstanding for the 67's in this playoff run. A point in all 8 games, leads the league in plus/minus, an absolute monster on the defensive side of the puck. He's been one of Ottawa's best forwards, which is very impressive considering the talent they have. You guys got a good one in the 6th round.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Hoelscher's been outstanding for the 67's in this playoff run. A point in all 8 games, leads the league in plus/minus, an absolute monster on the defensive side of the puck. He's been one of Ottawa's best forwards, which is very impressive considering the talent they have. You guys got a good one in the 6th round.

Thanks for the update. Castron strikes again it seems. Just give that man only 6/7th round picks

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Talk about a logjam in our center prospect pipeline. You have Nico and Hughes now who shall occupy top-six slots for years to come. Then, Zacha depending on if he stays at center, but think it's evident he should be shifted to the wing. Then a bloodbath for bottom-six spots with McLeod, Talvitie, Hoelscher, Seney, Gignac, Maltsev, Sharangovich, and even Speers. Word is the organization also prefers Boqvist to play center, but I think that will change now with lucking into Hughes, especially considering both are extremely similar stylistically. Doesn't even factor the players we will wind up with in this draft. It's a wonderful 'problem' to have.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Talk about a logjam in our center prospect pipeline. You have Nico and Hughes now who shall occupy top-six slots for years to come. Then, Zacha depending on if he stays at center, but think it's evident he should be shifted to the wing. Then a bloodbath for bottom-six spots with McLeod, Talvitie, Hoelscher, Seney, Gignac, Maltsev, Sharangovich, and even Speers. Word is the organization also prefers Boqvist to play center, but I think that will change now with lucking into Hughes, especially considering both are extremely similar stylistically. Doesn't even factor the players we will wind up with in this draft. It's a wonderful 'problem' to have.
Centers can move to wing.

Reactions: MichaelJ and Billdo

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
The only thing I'm expecting of Smith when he jumps in is to not have his play completely deteriorate when his minutes go up. This is an issue with ALL OF OUR D-MEN. None of them can seem to handle a lot of minutes.

Having too many centers is the best problem to have since next to d, they are the most valuable position. Trade some of the centers for some d-help. Although, I don't think any of them will really return anyone significant tbh.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

What’s the update on Talvitie? He is one of the prospects I am most excited about but that injury was a bummer. Any chance he plays next season and is fully healed?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What’s the update on Talvitie? He is one of the prospects I am most excited about but that injury was a bummer. Any chance he plays next season and is fully healed?

Hopefully he doesn’t catch that Finnish disease known as Fortnitis.

In all seriousness it was reported as an ACL tear requiring surgical repair. He may be able to get on the ice by Halloween but I wouldn’t expect his game to totally recover for another three to six months after that.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Which of our prospects not currently under professional contract are likely to be signed to professional contracts?

Boqvist, Talvitie, Walsh, Zetterlund will all be tendered for sure. I would guess that Maltsev, Chaney, and Bernard are also possibilities. I might be leaving someone out, though.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Boqvist, Talvitie, Walsh, Zetterlund will all be tendered for sure. I would guess that Maltsev, Chaney, and Bernard are also possibilities. I might be leaving someone out, though.
If Talvitie continued on his pace this past season without the ACL injury I would think there was a chance for him to sign. At this point, with the college season starting later it makes sense for Talvitie to rehab and play another year for Penn. He had every bit as good as good a season as a 19 year old as Anderson did as a 19 year old. Penn State will likely be done fairly early so he can sign and play some AHL games.

Reactions: My3Sons

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If Talvitie continued on his pace this past season without the ACL injury I would think there was a chance for him to sign. At this point, with the college season starting later it makes sense for Talvitie to rehab and play another year for Penn. He had every bit as good as good a season as a 19 year old as Anderson did as a 19 year old. Penn State will likely be done fairly early so he can sign and play some AHL games.

I think the original post was asking who will get a contract at all, not necessarily this off season. Maybe I misinterpreted. :dunno:

But I'm with you in that I think Talvitie will play one more NCAA season before getting a contract. I think he could really benefit from that.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
There is still a bit of time for a couple of current prospects to make an impact in the last playoff games wherever they may be. That said this season is largely finished and fans in NJ got a better view of a number of prospects compared to most years with the injury plague that hit the big club.

I think the view of AHL guys coupled with the increased interest on prospects a bad season engenders along with the attrition each year brings will shake up the organizational prospect rankings for next year pretty significantly.

Most of us expect HUGHES to top the list and Smith to be a comfortable second but after that it will probably get interesting. Many will say Boqvist but I could see an argument for MBW. I could see Talvite make a big jump next year along with BASTIAN while McLeod could take a significant tumble. Will also be interesting g to see who NJ grabs with its other picks. The prospect pool seems to be getting deeper to me. The silver lining of the rain cloud that was this past season.

Reactions: HBK27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad