CHL Import Draft

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Any updates on top players that are planning to come over next season?

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
http://www.h-a.no/Sport//Dragons/tabId/82/Default.aspx?ModuleId=121045&articleView=true

According to this article Norwegian defender Adrian Saxrud Danielsen may be playing for Drummondville in the QMJHL next year. Drummondville has already been in touch with his Norwegian club Storhamar and the player himself. He is under contract in Norway after signing a two year extension in April this year, but the club has said that if this is something he really wants and if its beneficial for his development they will not stand in his way.

Saxrud Danielsen is a big and strong defender who had his breaktrough season in the Norwegian Elite League this year. He is mainly a good defensive guy, but he has also been getting some power-play time this year.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=46574

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Markus Granlund has signed a contract with HIFK, so he's probably out of consideration.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Any danish players? With recent success of Bödker and Jensen there might be someone that is picked up? Nicolai Meyer or someone else?

Is it possible that Grigorenko is coming over? With his type of play I dont know if its good for him to move over so soon.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Any danish players? With recent success of Bödker and Jensen there might be someone that is picked up? Nicolai Meyer or someone else?

Is it possible that Grigorenko is coming over? With his type of play I dont know if its good for him to move over so soon.

I haven't read anything about Meyer and Canada since before the 10/11 season where he didn't rule it out CHL as a possibility. That was before he signed with Malmö though. So it's not improporable that he goes the CHL way. But I think he'll stay in Sweden, since he has gotten quite comfortable there and he likes it there, he has said he wants to extend his contract beyond this season. If/when Meyer gets drafted, I could see a CHL drafting him with a low pick, just in case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad