CHL Import Draft

FrankTheTank

Jun 1, 2010
There has been rumours that Markus Granlund would get picked by some CHL team. He hasn't done contract with any FEL team yet so it might happen. QMJHL could be the right league for him because he's short and skilled forward but in the other hand, it's not the toughest league, right? Like everyone knows his older brother is Mikael and I can say that Markus is same kind of player than Mikael. Not the fastest skater but awesome skillset :yo:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19426 stats

Here's nice goal by Markus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDjHXoRdlRo

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Marko Daňo will probably be the best eligible Slovak, however AFAIK he doesn´t plan to come over until 2012/2013, so I´m not sure whether some team will already pick him this year or wait until 2012.

KingJet*

Mikael Grigorenko might be in there, same with Koys, someone might suprise us, who knows

Sven Bartschi sure did, I didn't expect him to do that good

R S

Sep 18, 2006
That would be cool to see Markus come over. If he has the intent to, he will surely be a fairly high pick. Likely won't be to the WHL though, not many Finns have success there.

Wouldn't that be weird as a Euro player, not even knowing what LEAGUE you could get drafted to. Crazy.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Mikael Grigorenko might be in there, same with Koys, someone might suprise us, who knows

Sven Bartschi sure did, I didn't expect him to do that good

Grigorenko is too young to be drafted yet I beleive, and I doubt he would come anyway. Koys is definitely too young. Koys could come over and play in Pre CHL junior leageus and get drafted in the normal draft but I beleive but I doubt he would do that.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Grigorenko is too young to be drafted yet I beleive, and I doubt he would come anyway. Koys is definitely too young. Koys could come over and play in Pre CHL junior leageus and get drafted in the normal draft but I beleive but I doubt he would do that.

Grigorenko is 1994 and therefore eligible this year. As for Koyš- kid has yet to play even a single shift in the U20 league back home, players who move overseas without at least a year of experience there are usually the most likely to fail. He has yet to prove he is good enough for the Slovak U20 league yet alone that he has surpassed it.

backdoorpass

i think for the most part teams talk to players to see, also will talk to teams they are drafted by to see if they can convince him, also pending the city they know their own limits on who they could bring over, so sometimes it might be better to take a bit worse player but know he will come for sure

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Grigorenko is 1994 and therefore eligible this year. As for Koyš- kid has yet to play even a single shift in the U20 league back home, players who move overseas without at least a year of experience there are usually the most likely to fail. He has yet to prove he is good enough for the Slovak U20 league yet alone that he has surpassed it.

Well he's only 15 and pretty small as of now IIRC, you expect him to be in the U20 league by now?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Heard of a Norwegian goaltender getting some attention from 2 qmjhl team (baie-comeau & Moncton) . can't remember the name of the player though

Well, I can think of two names: Lars Volden (1992), but it is unlikely that they would bring in a 19 year old Euro goalie and he is already pretty well off developing in Finland, so in this sense the much likelier option would be their U18 NT goalie Steffen Soberg (1993).

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Well he's only 15 and pretty small as of now IIRC, you expect him to be in the U20 league by now?

No, I kind of expect him there more or less next year and his 175cm and 73kg is not that small for the Slovak junior league at all (Tatar for example actually wasn´t much bigger/heavier when he played against men over here)- the reason why he might seem small is that some kids on the NT his age are already much bigger now. My point was more along the lines that there was no reason for him to leave Slovakia when he has not even touched the highest level of junior hockey over here.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Heard of a Norwegian goaltender getting some attention from 2 qmjhl team (baie-comeau & Moncton) . can't remember the name of the player though

It's Steffen Søberg. He's been unbelievable this season.

2013 NHL draft eligible can't be drafted in the CHL Import Draft until 2012?

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Well, I can think of two names: Lars Volden (1992), but it is unlikely that they would bring in a 19 year old Euro goalie and he is already pretty well off developing in Finland, so in this sense the much likelier option would be their U18 NT goalie Steffen Soberg (1993).

It's Steffen Søberg. He's been unbelievable this season.

2013 NHL draft eligible can't be drafted in the CHL Import Draft until 2012?

Thanks guys ,thats him. well on the elite prospect website it say he's an 93 so he's nhl draft eligible this year so he's eligible this year for the chl import draft no ?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I put here some names from Slovakia

Karol Korim, Denis Hudec - thats a sure thing. They played in Czech junior hockey, now its time to move on.

From Slovakia it seems for for Martin Gerhat. Big body, i think, he will find some team in OHL or so.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
The Soo Greyhounds pick at 7 and 36 I believe, they also pick in the 2nd round at 67 maybe? I can see them trading or forfeiting that pick... what players may be available and committed to playing in N.A. next year at 7 or later?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->