Chistov - to the minors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Ok, so once again I was right about players as Chistov, Svitov and Zherdev of course.

This is a great example when a player comes to the league not ready and turns into bust. This guy is/was exceptionally talented but leaving Russia that early did not do anything good to him. I wish him very well but I smell a screwed up hockey career.

I just want to bring Datsyuk as an example, if he came to the league that early he would have never progressed to the point where he is right now....

Dr_Chimera*

Siberian said:
Ok, so once again I was right about players as Chistov, Svitov and Zherdev of course.

This is a great example when a player comes to the league not ready and turns into bust. This guy is/was exceptionally talented but leaving Russia that early did not do anything good to him. I wish him very well but I smell a screwed up hockey career.

I just want to bring Datsyuk as an example, if he came to the league that early he would have never progressed to the point where he is right now....

Let's not turn this into a long thread, but...

- The Ducks are ruining Chistov, not the NHL.

- Zherdev will do just fine, because he looks like he's developing chemistry with Rick Nash. They might be a dynamic duo and the team is youth-oriented.

- Svitov is a wanker.

Any questions?

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Siberian said:
Zherdev looks like he's ready for NHL hockey and Chistov has shown that his development was just fine last year. He's just having an off year or maybe has lost some confidence, but you can't say he wasn't ready for the NHL, he showed that he was already NHL caliber last year. If I remember correctly, a lot of people liked Chistov better than Frolov last year (I think I might've been one of those people. :eek: ) Svitov hasn't shown that he can play in the NHL, yet, but that's not uncommon of prospects of any country.

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
i'm not sure i'd jump on the "chistov sucks" boat just yet. You may have noticed that Anaheim is playing like crap this year?? That probably has an effect on how a guy that young performs.

The kid still has loads of potential... besides, it's hard to produce when you play 12 minutes a night on the third worst team in the west. They don't exactly play a wide-open "go nuts with your offensive instincts" kind of game there.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Chistov will be fine. A week or 2 in the AHL will do him good. They did it with Lupul too.

Chistov will train harder in the off season and come back stronger next year.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Siberian said:
Let me explain this to you, not all players develope at the same time.

So can't the same things be said for Chistov and any young prospect or player. Why doesn't it apply to them as well, or does your magic 8 ball tell you they are already busts?

zoidberg

Aug 23, 2002
hockeyrumors.blogspot.com
I'm deleting all personal attacks in this thread. Consider these warnings to all of you - the next attack(s) will lead to a ban.
----
edit.
Ok, I pressed the wrong button and deleted a bit extra. Still weeded out the bad ones, though. :)

Last edited:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Siberian said:

Just watch the Ducks play and you will understand why Chistov is struggling this year. The whole team SUCKS big time.
Even Lupul was sent down,
And if it was possible, more than half of the team deserve a pair of weeks in the AHL...

Yeah, Chistov needs to return to Russia until he's 34 yo. For that time he will be ready for the NHL.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Lots of Zherdev lovers here are trying to oppose and say that Zherdev coming to NHL when he was struggling in Russia was right. But this was stupid at least. It did not do any good to the young player.

Zherdev was in situation when he was playing like crap and instead of revaluating and rejuvinating himself in Russia he decided to put this all behind without spending extra energy. So he ended up in Columbus for a honeymoon, but it does not do anything good for him and his hockey career.

Same thing for Chistov and Svitov. These players and their agents rushed to earn those quick NHL bucks. Now they will be paying for that for the rest of their careers. Russian hockey prospect is similar to boxing prospect - can't rush him into tough fights or career can be ruined.

Yes, I have seen Chistov play for Anaheim, the kid does not have any kind of confidence at all and it is hard to imagine he will improve a lot in the minors.... I do not remember very many young Russian players who improved in the minors....

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Siberian said:
Yes, I have seen Chistov play for Anaheim, the kid does not have any kind of confidence at all and it is hard to imagine he will improve a lot in the minors.... I do not remember very many young Russian players who improved in the minors....

[SARCASM]Yep, you're right! He's done as a Duck. Fedorov too is done as a Duck. The whole team is done!!!
Let's send back to Russia Stanislav, he will play better with Avangard Omsk again, lot of motivation thought[/SARCASM]

mod24l

Feb 1, 2004
Ok, so Im confused, Siberian.... So apparently no young Russian players can make the jump to the NHL then? Geez... it seems that Canadians, Swedes, Americans, and everyone other country has some prospects that can make the jump... so, what''s going on with your Russians then? I guess then you are just saying that Russian prospects are weak mentally and physically and aren't up to par with North American and other European prospects then? I thought you were a big fan of the Russians, so why are you constantly running down your country's prospects and arguing that they are inferior to everyone else? It just doesn't make sense to me...

Siberian said:

KariyaIsGod*

Siberian said:
Lots of Zherdev lovers here are trying to oppose and say that Zherdev coming to NHL when he was struggling in Russia was right. But this was stupid at least. It did not do any good to the young player.....

It seems to have done plenty good for him... You are simply bitter because Russia lost another young hockey player.

Zherdev was in situation when he was playing like crap and instead of revaluating and rejuvinating himself in Russia he decided to put this all behind without spending extra energy. So he ended up in Columbus for a honeymoon, but it does not do anything good for him and his hockey career.....

PLEASE, do us all a favor and explain exactly how it does nothing good for his hockey career?

Same thing for Chistov and Svitov. These players and their agents rushed to earn those quick NHL bucks. Now they will be paying for that for the rest of their careers. Russian hockey prospect is similar to boxing prospect - can't rush him into tough fights or career can be ruined. ....

This comment is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with hockey. Boxing is not a team sport which renders any comparism silly.

Clearly you didn't watch Chistov in the playoffs last year then because he was plenty confident. It's not at all hard to imagine he'll improve in the minors because by being there, he will regain the confidence you say he's lost.

Seriously, please quit with your little crusade because it won't bring any of the Russian players back...

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
mod24l said:
Ok, so Im confused, Siberian.... So apparently no young Russian players can make the jump to the NHL then? Geez... it seems that Canadians, Swedes, Americans, and everyone other country has some prospects that can make the jump... so, what''s going on with your Russians then? I guess then you are just saying that Russian prospects are weak mentally and physically and aren't up to par with North American and other European prospects then? I thought you were a big fan of the Russians, so why are you constantly running down your country's prospects and arguing that they are inferior to everyone else? It just doesn't make sense to me...

The player should peak in his own league before going to NHL. Neither Zherdev not Chistov and Svitov peaked in Russia yet and rushed to NHL. Finnish, Swedish leagues and North American minor leagues are less skilled than the Russian league, that is why it is for them it does not make sense to stay in their home leagues for long because they do peak earlier than Russian prospects...

I am glad that you registered just to reply in this thread....

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
KariyaIsGod said:
It seems to have done plenty good for him... You are simply bitter because Russia lost another young hockey player.

PLEASE, do us all a favor and explain exactly how it does nothing good for his hockey career?

This comment is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with hockey. Boxing is not a team sport which renders any comparism silly.

Clearly you didn't watch Chistov in the playoffs last year then because he was plenty confident. It's not at all hard to imagine he'll improve in the minors because by being there, he will regain the confidence you say he's lost.

Seriously, please quit with your little crusade because it won't bring any of the Russian players back...

Some hockey prospects are exactly the same way as boxing prospects. What did it do good for young Fleury to be peppered with 30-50 shots in each game in front of absolutely terrible defense? Nothing! You never know how this affect this young man in the long run.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I wonder if some og my opponents can tell me how many good (above average) Russian born players are in the NHL who had to go through North American minor league system.

I can only think of one - Nabokov.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
the kid is i think around 20 years old and you ppl are calling him a bust already just because he's slumping and is in the minors?

the ENTIRE DUCKS TEAM has been in a slump this year compared to last year. If you say chistov is already a bust, then your a joke, plain and simple

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
zetterberg40 said:
the kid is i think around 20 years old and you ppl are calling him a bust already just because he's slumping and is in the minors?

the ENTIRE DUCKS TEAM has been in a slump this year compared to last year. If you say chistov is already a bust, then your a joke, plain and simple

Last year he had 114 SOG and scored 12 or 10.5%
This year he has 61 SOG so far and scored one - 1.6%

What does the entire team have to do with the fact that he needs to get 60 shots on goal to score one goal?????

Last edited:

dats-13

Dec 29, 2003
Still Waiting On Grigs...
Siberian said:

the reason Datsyuk progressed was because of larionov's and fedorov's guidance, nothing to do with his age....

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
So none of these groupies could even name a single good Russian born player who had to go through farm club system besides Nabokov.
What are the chances that Chistov will become an impact player then?????

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Siberian said:
Last year he had 114 SOG and scored 12 or 10.5%
This year he has 61 SOG so far and scored one - 1.6%

What does the entire team have to do with the fact that he needs to get 60 shots on goal to score one goal?????

You ever wonder how many of those shots were actually quality? A team has a lot to do with how much the kid scores. If he's playing with "poor" linemates then ofcourse he's not gonna get the quality SOG that he could get with others. The kid is not old at all so no one can tell me he's a bust or going to be a bust, its not possible to tell at this point in time

Hawkalyzer

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:
So none of these groupies could even name a single good Russian born player who had to go through farm club system besides Nabokov.

id say 8 in 10

KariyaIsGod*

Siberian said:

Most of the Russian players don't spend much time in the farm system. Another was named anyway, in Semenov. Most of the Russians though, don't get sent down and pleanty of them have turned out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad