Chiccago GM scout Australians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Chicago GM scoutting Australians?

In a weird and unprecedanted move the Hawks GM Dryden Lewis has decided to scout some Australian prospects. "There has to be someone of some use down there. They can't all be blokes and beer swillers. There has to be one person in the country who could be considered a project and hopefully I'll score a few times while I'm down there...I mean hopefully the player will be able to score a few goals in the future. We'll be scouting mainly in Melbourne and then move onto Sydney and Brisbane for a couple of day s. Brisbane should be fun as its close to the Gold Coast. I'll also take in the Australian Grand Prix where we'll have some grid girls scouting for potential players. Overall this looks like it will be a fun trip but definately a long and costly one as I'll be there from March 1 - 28. Once again I'll still be able to remain in touch as I'll have my laptop with me and should be able to maintain Hawks business from the other side of the world", said GM Lewis.

Last edited:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
SensGod said:
Weird...what do you do with the other 4 fingers?

I hear women down there have pouches...Please confirm Dry...

You must have seen a doco about genetic engineering in Australia then. We are trying to breed an inter-mammal species with our females down under. :teach:

Or you must have been drunk looking at a show from Australia and thought the kangaroo that Steve Irwin was trying to interview was the most good beautiful looking Sheila your ever saw. :joker:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Hong Kong prospects

unfortunately on our stop over in hk nothing was deemed worthy of even a tryout. guess i better have better luck in Melbourne

Dryden said:
unfortunately on our stop over in hk nothing was deemed worthy of even a tryout. guess i better have better luck in Melbourne

All the talent is out here in perth Dry. all 1 of us :D

Ok, i'm officially retired due to injury, and have been for a few years, but I could still probably school most of the guys playing in the national league (you ready for this....all 3 teams!....or has it expanded to 4 this year?) so that's not a good sign.

got a young kid or two that are supposed to be pretty solid, but unless you've got connections to the Wheeling Nailers or another ECHL club, I wouldn't start worried about recruiting...and even then its dubious :teach:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dryden said:

Try heading up north to Beijing. They breed them beter up there.

Chuzwuzza said:
Ok, i'm officially retired due to injury, and have been for a few years, but I could still probably school most of the guys playing in the national league (you ready for this....all 3 teams!....or has it expanded to 4 this year?) so that's not a good sign.

What was that saying from Mighty Ducks I, the movie, "You are not a has-been. You are a never-was"

As for Australian prospects, check a few of the midget leagues in Canada. I hear there is one or two there that was quite good. I will make a bold prediction, Australia to be promoted at the next 20's WJC. :)

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Hey guys currently enjoying a cold beer in Melbourne. made it safe and sound after 33 hours of travelling. Now if only Juan Pablo Montoya would win th GP I'd be happy.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dryden said:
Hey guys currently enjoying a cold beer in Melbourne. made it safe and sound after 33 hours of travelling. Now if only Juan Pablo Montoya would win th GP I'd be happy.

hey hey, I hear ya man...

Go Williams go... I remember that dream team of Senna and Mansell, until the unfortunate mishap. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad