GDT: chicar

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
The best part of this was when the Hawks fans realized they were on camera, and turned around and waved. "Bye! I'm getting the hell out of here!" Awesome, good-natured fun.

See this is proper reaction.

It's ridiculous that they can't even handle light-hearted banter. The jumbo-tron operator's job is to put up stuff for the fans to enjoy. The twitter-man's job is to do the same, in a social media-y way (which posting a popular meme is). The only problem is if it is offensive or inappropriate, of which any of that was neither.

What's even the point of watching sports if you can't handle the lightest of banter? I love the back and forth. It seems like for those people sports is only enjoyable if your team wins every game and every person is a fan of your team.

Plus this game is important to the Canes in terms of getting people to the arena. I don't care that 'it's not like you won the SCF or anything.' People enjoy when team accounts go a little off-script and poke fun. And calling attention to a game where the Canes dominated a current NHL powerhouse at home is the kinda thing that will maybe get people back in those seats.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I could be wrong, but I suspect the vast majority of fans can handle light-hearted fun. The ones that handle it just don't say anything about it, for the most part so you never hear from them. It's only the ones that can't handle it that go out and complain about it.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
So, can you post a photoshop of Wysh with a crying Jordan head in the comments section? That would seem to be the most appropriate response to this article.

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
I could be wrong, but I suspect the vast majority of fans can handle light-hearted fun. The ones that handle it just don't say anything about it, for the most part so you never hear from them. It's only the ones that can't handle it that go out and complain about it.

I would like to think you are correct. I suppose that the clarification should be that it is directed towards those that can't lol.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
So, can you post a photoshop of Wysh with a crying Jordan head in the comments section? That would seem to be the most appropriate response to this article.

Damn, that would be awesome. CI could tweet it to him.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i think its a matter of wyshs hating it

he worships the dallas stars media people, as does everyone else

but as soon as the canes do it its too far, even though its just a super popular meme

sure, maybe jordan wont be an investor any time soon, but otherwise its completely harmless

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
People are getting way too serious these days. They need to learn to chill and oh I don't know, have fun. Last I checked hockey was a sport, sport is entertainment, entertainment is supposed to be fun. This was all in good fun. I don't see the backlash it has gotten. The Dallas org has poked fun at visiting teams fans and I don't see the backlash there.

It's like the stupid people whining and crying that Cam Newton dabs and celebrates his touchdowns. What is he supposed to? Next thing people will be crying that hockey players are celebrating their goals. And I doubly love the ones complaining that he gives footballs to little kids. Guess what, he just made that kids day and has made that kid a fan for life. Nothing wrong with that.

People need to quit being so butt hurt over stupid stuff. Too bad I don't see these people getting upset over our veterans being homeless, starvingkids, or Trump trying to run for office. These are things to get upset over, not a harmless meme at a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad