Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
tumblr_inline_nsmc1accGt1rh75qb_500.jpg

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
It's hard not to be excited but we must not JR. Stay the course. Don't sale futures for the present. We still cannot let Staal walk with no return and cannot overpay to retain.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's hard not to be excited but we must not JR. Stay the course. Don't sale futures for the present. We still cannot let Staal walk with no return and cannot overpay to retain.

Whether we fans like it or not. If they keep playing the way the way they are and are in playoff contention, I can't see any way they move Staal, which means there's a decent chance he walks for nothing at the end of the season.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
**** Wyshynski. We get precious few opportunities to shut opposing fans the **** up. We shut out the Hawks for all but THREE SECONDS this season.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Whether we fans like it or not. If they keep playing the way the way they are and are in playoff contention, I can't see any way they move Staal, which means there's a decent chance he walks for nothing at the end of the season.

You haven't been listening, then.

Every time this exact question gets asked on the Aftermath, the answer from Forslund is the same: there is a plan, and GMRF will stick to it. The message is unambiguous: they are ready to trade to continue to gain assets, whether or not the team is in playoff position.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Was thinking the same thing the entire game. Was thinking if we had another game, BP might've made him a healthy scratch. Both he and Pesce looked like they've seen better games, but it's hard to criticize players in a shutout. Neither of them could handle the puck that well. Hanifin, in addition to taking bad penalties, made a few dangerous plays on the blueline.

He does a lot of good things, and doesn't have any bad habits overall, he just needs to polish his game, which will come in time.

I'm not saying his play was good...did he have any penalties besides the delay of game after 2 minutes for protecting the jiblets?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

Every time this exact question gets asked on the Aftermath, the answer from Forslund is the same: there is a plan, and GMRF will stick to it. The message is unambiguous: they are ready to trade to continue to gain assets, whether or not the team is in playoff position.

The plan could very well be: "If we are in a playoff spot on a certain date, we keep him. If we are aren't, we trade him."

That said, I hope you are right but I will continue to remain very skeptical that they'll trade him if they are in a playoff spot.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Wow dude.

The Jumbotron operator must have shot Wysh's dog and pissed in his corn flakes yesterday. Just a slight overreaction.

Edit: Granted, we probably didn't need to feed the Twitter trolls like that. But still, this is not something that requires an entire blog post dedicated to it.

Last edited:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
**** Wyshynski. We get precious few opportunities to shut opposing fans the **** up. We shut out the Hawks for all but THREE SECONDS this season.

I'm with Wysh. It's dumb because the win is exciting for us, because we're a loser franchise that doesn't have much to cheer for. But for the Hawks, they're sitting in the #1 seed in the west and are reigning cup champs. I doubt there were many tears being shed over a regular season game.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Wasn't it Eddy saying that regardless of where they are in the standings, he'd expect them to still be sellers?

I'm with Wysh. It's dumb because the win is exciting for us, because we're a loser franchise that doesn't have much to cheer for. But for the Hawks, they're sitting in the #1 seed in the west and are reigning cup champs. I doubt there were many tears being shed over a regular season game.

Yet plenty of tears shed over a ****ing meme? Christ man, lighten up. Shocking that Wyshynski would defend Chicago...

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I get what you guys are saying, and what Forslund has said, etc...but let's say the Canes are in a playoff spot or tied approaching the deadline. I just can't see them being sellers if they are in that spot. I don't think they'll be buyers either. What happened to all the "It's not about draft picks and prospects, it's about building a winning culture" posts from a few weeks ago?

If they are out of it or it's not likely to happen (ie...even a few points out but with too many teams in front of them), then yes, I definitely see them selling.

Elsker

Jul 3, 2008
Downtown Raleigh

I agree that this message has been steady as a drumbeat from Francis to Forslund (especially in Aftermath mode).

Per the collective voices, the org is in long-term mode with whatever success achieved along the way just part of the learning process.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I get what you guys are saying, and what Forslund has said, etc...but let's say the Canes are in a playoff spot or tied approaching the deadline. I just can't see them being sellers if they are in that spot. I don't think they'll be buyers either. What happened to all the "It's not about draft picks and prospects, it's about building a winning culture" posts from a few weeks ago?

If they are out of it or it's not likely to happen (ie...even a few points out but with too many teams in front of them), then yes, I definitely see them selling.

Trading Staal gives us a better shot at building a winning culture than getting nothing for him as a rental.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Trading Staal gives us a better shot at building a winning culture than getting nothing for him as a rental.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. A late 1st round pick, who may or may not contribute for 2-3 years down the road doesn't really help for guys like Skinner, Faulk, Lindholm, Rask, etc...vs. making the playoffs for the first time and building momentum.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for them being in sell mode as I don't think they have what it takes to make the playoffs so I think the decision will be clear at the deadline. They have to win at a pace that is better than anyone in the east has done to date (except Washington) and I'm not sold they can do that. I'm just suggesting that in the off chance that they ARE in a playoff spot come the deadline, I'll be surprised if they are in sell mode. If RF does that, it'll show that there is definitely a new sheriff in town.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's like celebrating a sack when you're down by 30. It's just dumb.

No, in this case, it's like the Falcons taunting the Panthers after they handed them their first loss of the season.

Yeah, it doesn't change where the respective teams are in the standings, but just because you're a fan of a bad team doesn't mean you can't celebrate victories over better ones.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
No, in this case, it's like the Falcons taunting the Panthers after they handed them their first loss of the season.

Yeah, it doesn't change where the respective teams are in the standings, but just because you're a fan of a bad team doesn't mean you can't celebrate victories over better ones.

I agree it's like the Falcons taunting the Panthers in the regular season.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
In our only two games against the Stanley Cup champs, we completely dominated them, twice. We had a nice laugh about it on Twitter.

That is literally nothing at all like "celebrating a sack when you're down 30", which is something that you are doing, by definition, when you lose.

It's more like when your team wins the Stanley Cup, and some ******** knucklehead says "ok, you won the Stanley Cup this year, but we've won 27, so we're way better!"

Not tonight you're not, ************.

We were the better team in both games, without question. That's worth celebrating. If other people want to be a ***** about it, fine. That's on them. Haters gonna hate.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
It's like celebrating a sack when you're down by 30. It's just dumb.

"Hawks fans be like"....:facepalm:

Celebrating a sack when you are down by 30 is dumb.

A bad team's media group taunting a good team is dumb.

It's cringe-worthy, but not a big deal...wish the Canes media folks had more self-awareness...whatttaya gonna do.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. A late 1st round pick, who may or may not contribute for 2-3 years down the road doesn't really help for guys like Skinner, Faulk, Lindholm, Rask, etc...vs. making the playoffs for the first time and building momentum.

Neither does a slow, aging, overpaid, glorified third line center who was last in the playoffs six years ago.

I'm sorry, but if you think that Eric Staal has been the straw to stir this drink, I don't know what to tell you. I will grant you: he's been solid. He's been strong with the puck. He's had more jump than he's had in previous years. He's mostly made good decisions. I could say all the same things about Ron Hainsey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad