Chicago vs Pittsburgh: Which is the greater franchise in this generation?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
More playoffs, more finals, a back to back, better stars. What do you want?

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Uh call me kooky but I think 2010-2015 counts as "this generation", when the Penguins underperformed in the playoffs every year relative to their talent level.

Both the Penguins and the Hawks were brutally awful in the early 2000s. The Hawks came out of their Cup window, we'll see about the Penguins.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
The Kings who won 2 cups were far harder than any Penguins had to face from 15-17.

the same kings team that has one playoff win since then LOL

I guess the caps need to win the cup this year for the pens to get the bonus points the hawks seem to get for losing to a cup winner

weak san jose and Nashville team eh? does anybody here really think the flyers, devils, or rangers were power house opponents? as usual people supporting the hawks are using opinions for their argument instead of facts

Reactions: Tweed

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Uh call me kooky but I think 2010-2015 counts as "this generation", when the Penguins underperformed in the playoffs every year relative to their talent level.

so does 2006 - 2009

so does 2016 - 2018

this is where the hawks get destroyed and make this argument laughable, at least the pens were still making the playoffs during their down years this generation

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Oh, so we're basically taking out how dominant the Hawks were in a shorter amount of time, to compensate the pens who up until recently were a middle of the road playoff team?

Three in six does matter. The Hawks had a three year gap where they were neck and neck with a Kings team that was their only peer and lost to those same Kings, who went on to win the Cup.

You could argue the Hawks 13 thru 15 we're a much better team then the Pens back to back teams considering they took the cup champs to a seventh game who then went and destroyed the Rangers in the finals.

Or, you can say the Hawks had a higher peak, which would be right, while the Pens needed eight years of being a middling playoff team to actually aquire the depth to be on a similar, if not a notch below a Hawks team that's a cap era dynasty.

Depends on what the pens do in the next few years. Too early yet to place them with the Hawks,imo
Can we actually consider them a cap era dynasty considering they didn't actually have to abide by the salary cap?

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Who cares? Both fanbases are extremely happy with the way the last decade has gone. Neither would likely trade the last decade for the other. That's all that really matters.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Both the Penguins and the Hawks were brutally awful in the early 2000s. The Hawks came out of their Cup window, we'll see about the Penguins.

And can we say the Hawks have under performed relative to their talent level since 2015? And if so, who gives a shit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad