Pre-Game Talk: Chicago vs. Dallas- 12/3 (7:00 CST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Idk I'd say most Hawks fans on here have been happy with Pirri's play and want him to stay in the lineup. I think it was just a few people who went on and on about him being a liability on defense. Whether that was exaggerated or not doesn't really matter bc he's shown improvement in his own end.

I'd rather see him with Saad and Kane, but don't have a huge problem with him on the third line as long as he's playing.

I don't think anyone here is against Brandon Pirri. That being said - not all of us are in the 'he can do no wrong and he is a victim of Q's irrational decisions' camp.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Lazerus and the other beat writers don't have to go to the HF to hear Hawks fans complain about the lines. They get it right away from fans as soon as they tweet the lines with Handzus at 2c every day.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Lazerus and the other beat writers don't have to go to the HF to hear Hawks fans complain about the lines. They get it right away from fans as soon as they tweet the lines with Handzus at 2c every day.

I was only kidding. I thought it was a little cheeky by Lazzy to mention the fans complaining about their 20-4-4 team. :laugh: Reading between the lines you might guess where he stands. Gave me a chuckle.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
It didn't take a brain surgeon to guess that the bad play where he was *supposed* to cover for a pinching Oduya would put him in Q's doghouse. That's the way Q is with most rookies. And it's all the more important for a center than it would be for a winger. Even if he gets sent down or is in the press box, he can work his way back up here. He is only 22 years old. He has all the time in the world.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Except Pirri has shown that he is the best option in the system for number two center... Again.

Edit: And our coach is forcing a round peg into a square hole... Again.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
h36CF12A6

And while I don't understand what we're doing with Pirri, but I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to Q on this one. Hopefully just holding him to an exceptionally high standards and expecting him to rise to it by the end of the season.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I lol'd.

Two - IMHO - intelligent people with differing viewpoints about the game of hockey. If you have an issue with people having dissenting opinions then a message board is probably not the place for you.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
For the millionth time - Q is a good coach. Pirri doesn't fit his system or his style. At all. Never has, and likely never will. Pirri is a NHL forward. Move him and give Q a defensively responsible second line center or at the very least a third line center with some offensive ability so that we aren't playing a geriatric fourth liner in the top six.

It's like giving a French chef tortilla's and salsa verde. While both ingredients can be delicious, the French chef just isn't going to get the best out of them.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
1) Hawks are 1st in goals per game and 17th in goals against per game. Q will pick a 2C based on who helps with the latter stat.

2) Patrick Kane is the only regular forward on the Hawks who is minus on the season in the +/- department. He's mostly played on line 2. Again, 2C is going to be picked on goals against instead of goals for.

Of course this is all conjecture, but isn't this all? :laugh: Q might be a little crazy but there is a method to the madness if you look closely (at least to me).

I like Q. Some head scratchers but he sticks to his system. And I don't think there is a better 5 v 5 system in the NHL. Now if we could find some consistency w/ the special teams...

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
1) Hawks are 1st in goals per game and 17th in goals against per game. Q will pick a 2C based on who helps with the latter stat.

2) Patrick Kane is the only regular forward on the Hawks who is minus on the season in the +/- department. He's mostly played on line 2. Again, 2C is going to be picked on goals against instead of goals for.

Of course this is all conjecture, but isn't this all? :laugh: Q might be a little crazy but there is a method to the madness if you look closely (at least to me).

I like Q. Some head scratchers but he sticks to his system. And I don't think there is a better 5 v 5 system in the NHL. Now if we could find some consistency w/ the special teams...

Bench Kane...he is a defensive liability

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

That's a short sighted way of looking at things though. Who cares what you're ranked. If adding a scorer that creates/scores an additional net fifteen goals after factoring in his defense over the guy he's replacing then your team is better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad