Pre-Game Talk: Chicago vs. Dallas- 12/3 (7:00 CST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
First game home after a long road trip always scares me, though I'm not sure if statistics back that worry or not. Will be nice to have the team home.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
The Stars are claiming Seguin's muscle injury before their game against the Hawks was unrelated to his concussion injury and that it came out of the game with the Hawks.

Eta: never mind. (I hate google news and how they promote weeks old articles now)

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Dallas is short handed, but from how they played against the Hawks on friday night this definitely isn't a game to overlook. Wouldn't be surprised to see either goalie get the start, but it will most likely be Crawford.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1h
Same lines: Sharp-Toews-Hossa, Saad-Handzus-Kane, Versteeg-Pirri-Shaw, Bollig-Kruger-Smith. Commence complaining about your 20-4-4 team.

I didn't get to watch Saturday. Did VPS look as good together as it did Friday?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Same lines: Sharp-Toews-Hossa, Saad-Handzus-Kane, Versteeg-Pirri-Shaw, Bollig-Kruger-Smith. Commence complaining about your 20-4-4 team.

Thought the 3rd line really started to gel better and Pirri play with more confidence in the 3rd period on Sat.

Other news: Stars called up a fwd (Travis Morin, the AHL scoring leader) to join the team. Could hint at Seguin being out maybe?

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I'd be surprised if Pirri isn't sent down when Bickell comes back. It seems that some fans were right that Quenneville made up his mind on Pirri a long time ago.

I thought he was starting to gel with Kane and Saad, but then the injuries pilled up and Zus came back to claim his role.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I'd be surprised if Pirri isn't sent down when Bickell comes back. It seems that some fans were right that Quenneville made up his mind on Pirri a long time ago.

FWIW, Mark Lazerus is claiming on twitter that Pirri doesn't have to be sent down when Bickell comes back because Bickell isn't on IR and also that Kostka can come off LTIR without bumping anyone.

Also apparently Crow is already named starter for Tues.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
FWIW, Mark Lazerus is claiming on twitter that Pirri doesn't have to be sent down when Bickell comes back because Bickell isn't on IR and also that Kostka can come off LTIR without bumping anyone.

Also apparently Crow is already named starter for Tues.

Sent down or scratched, I should say. But I imagine it'd be the former since there's no point keeping a young player up just to sit in the press box.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I thought he was starting to gel with Kane and Saad, but then the injuries pilled up and Zus came back to claim his role.

There definitely was some chemistry starting to build between Pirri and Kane but Q seems blind to that in his quest to get Zus in (and Pirri out it seems). It remains to be seen if he does demote Pirri to RFD again but (based on his dwindling ice time from Q) I can't see any other option from the coach, if the team is healthy.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Can't wait to hear how q gave Pirri a fair shot and that he didn't show enough.

Idk I'd say most Hawks fans on here have been happy with Pirri's play and want him to stay in the lineup. I think it was just a few people who went on and on about him being a liability on defense. Whether that was exaggerated or not doesn't really matter bc he's shown improvement in his own end.

I'd rather see him with Saad and Kane, but don't have a huge problem with him on the third line as long as he's playing.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
IMO if anyone has been "gifted" the 2C spot this year, its Handzus. He was so bad leading up to his injury that i thought he had played himself out of the top 6 for good. Q had other ideas though.

Poor Pirri, he wasn't even playing poorly and his defense was definitely coming along.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago

:laugh: That is hilarious Lazerus wrote that. He's gotta be on HF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad