Chicago sued over sexual misconduct in 2010 by (now former) video coach on players + related suit

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
How about every friggin media interviewing the OWNERS of the other 31 NHL teams - TODAY - and asking them point blank if they had a coach or GM that was involved in a cover up of a sexual assault of a player by a coach, would they still employ the coach or GM.

On friggin question.

C'mon people. This is simple to solve for but don't leave it to the suits in the NY office. Ask the f***ing question!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How about every friggin media interviewing the OWNERS of the other 31 NHL teams - TODAY - and asking them point blank if they had a coach or GM that was involved in a cover up of a sexual assault of a player by a coach, would they still employ the coach or GM.

On friggin question.

C'mon people. This is simple to solve for but don't leave it to the suits in the NY office. Ask the f***ing question!
And ask each team, GM/owner/coach what is the team HR policy for reporting and then handling harassment allegations. If they can’t cite that they have a policy, especially for those in a position of power, then their policy is pretty much worthless.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
And ask each team, GM/owner/coach what is the team HR policy for reporting and then handling harassment allegations. If they can’t cite that they have a policy, especially for those in a position of power, then their policy is pretty much worthless.
Interesting you should say that. Where I work (I was an intern then, working there now), the hospital got cited for not having a clear policy on that. Such should have been in place after the Sheldon Kennedy incident.

Also of note…all of Aldrich’s proven or alleged victims are male. I doubt he gets away with this for as long as he did if even one victim was female.

Reactions: Hull and Oates

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I know nothing about American legal system, so my question: couldn't this John Doe report to police about the case, i.e. did exactly what, he accused the team it didn't do? To me it's kinda weird, he didn't report to police about the case, and now he blamed someone, they didn't do what he didn't do himself.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Hey everyone all the entire Chicago front office needed was a memo to let them know they should report sexual assault. Why is everyone making a big deal about this, they didn't know.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Hey everyone all the entire Chicago front office needed was a memo to let them know they should report sexual assault. Why is everyone making a big deal about this, they didn't know.

Incorrect. THEY were informed and KNEW after they won the Western Conference Final and chose not to report the incident as it would be a distraction during the SCF. (And apparently never did)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Incorrect. THEY were informed and KNEW after they won the Western Conference Final and chose not to report the incident as it would be a distraction during the SCF. (And apparently never did)
If nhl teams are relying on a memo from the nhl regarding proper HR policies then teams are not well run.

honestly, this makes it more likely that most pro sports teams don’t have a proper “HR” policy in place for their sports operations. Probably have them for their business operations side but not the sports side of things.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004

Heh I was being sarcastic, this is a pathetic response from the NHL.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

He should have booked a flight to ny already. Jets don’t need the gm around to play games.
Bettman moves so fast to fine the Hawks but takes his time setting up meetings with the last 2 remaining employed management team members who were in that infamous meeting.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
The league can suspend team executives and senior staff. Barring them from participating in any team operations. The league cannot void employment contracts for team personnel.

Any league discipline of coach Q would likely be similar to that of other leagues where Q would receive some defined suspension. It’s up to the Panthers whether that suspension would be with or without pay based on their contract.

Recent example of this was Chayka 1 year suspension. MLB suspended Astros GM and Manager for a year following cheating scandal.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Recent example of this was Chayka 1 year suspension. MLB suspended Astros GM and Manager for a year following cheating scandal.

Yeah. If what was reported in the Blackhawks investigation document is accurate I suspect Quenneville is looking at a minimum one year suspension. Could the NHL go further then that? It’s so hard to guess, but I’d be surprised if the punishment is more then two years (remainder of this season plus next season) based on the publicly available information I’ve read.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad