Friedman: Chicago looking for winger to play with Toews

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks aren't trading DeBrincat for rentals. They gave him an ELC a few weeks into his junior season as a reward for his production. He's having an unreal year and should be in line for a top 9 spot next year with the Hawks.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Hawks aren't trading DeBrincat for rentals. They gave him an ELC a few weeks into his junior season as a reward for his production. He's having an unreal year and should be in line for a top 9 spot next year with the Hawks.

Everyone thinks Chicago will ship out a top prospect just for a rental before they even get a real look at him just because they moved Dano for Ladd

It was pretty clear to anyone who remotely follows the Hawks that Dano fell out of favor with the Hawks, and Q in particular, after they were initially high on him from the Saad trade. After they watched him go through camp and the start of the season, they felt pretty vanilla about what he would be in the NHL

TT got moved because A) they were over cap and badly needed to dump bickell and B) many of the fanbase and even the organization (through rumblings) felt that TT hadnt continued to progress and even stagnated the year after they won the cup. TT never showed confidence or developed strength to engage physically and go to the dirty areas and stop bailing out of plays

akiberg8

Jun 12, 2007
With what current cap space?

Again, Chicago isnt parting with their 1st this year when they are hosting the draft unless they are getting a STEAL

while the original offer is very, very good value for JVR, its at the cost of them purely adding salary and further cornering them to be massively over the cap and again forced to trade players for pennies on the dollar.

That trade offer is a blessing but more of a curse. Even worrying about the future later, they still dont have cap to fit JVR without TOR taking on a contract like kruger

Make it a 2018 first.

We will retain 50% on JVR

JVR@50%
Josh Leivo

for

2018 1st

Ville Pokka
Marcus Kruger

Kruger is pretty decent in the faceoff dot. Might help make it easier to ship off Bozak as well.

Also could give up Komarov (and retain salary) instead of JVR for a slightly lesser package.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Make it a 2018 first.

JVR@50%
Josh Leivo

for

2018 1st

Ville Pokka
Marcus Kruger

Kruger is pretty decent in the faceoff dot. Might help make it easier to ship off Bozak as well.

Also could give up Komarov (and retain salary) instead of JVR for a slightly lesser package.

I think we do better than this with a 1st line winger at $2.125M. What you have there is on the low side of the going rate for unretained guys like JVR - Ladd, Lucic, Bobby Ryan, etc

Chicago's 1st is going to be really late, especially if we're giving them pieces that help, and the shine is coming off Pokka (there was a thread where a bunch of Chicago fans would have traded him for Komarov, which I thought was nuts but goes to show he's not a B+ prospect any more)

I would think that losing Kruger also makes it less appealing for the Hawks

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Detroit easily says no.

You are repetitively suspect at judging trade value. Seriously asking in a non-combative way: What tends to inform your trade ideas?

Well Detroit gets a young talented center in the deal, and I view Kruger as a trade chip.

I personally think Tatar for Schmaltz is fair, then salaries must even out for cap purposes.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Make it a 2018 first.

JVR@50%
Josh Leivo

for

2018 1st

Ville Pokka
Marcus Kruger

Well this is very good proposal, from Hawks perspective. Leivo would crack in to top-9 right away and we get Krüger out of our hands. And if this happens, Blackhawks can still go after some kind of center. Even Hanzal.

There is no way Leafs do this. Literally no way.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If FLA are sellers which looks like we will be.

Jagr for DeBrincat?

There's no way CHI does that. Jagr is maybe worth a 3rd rounder at this point. He hasn't scored a playoff goal in ages. DeBrincat is certainly worth more than a 3rd rounder or Jagr at this point, as he's showing tons of promise, and is burgeoning as a pretty high-end prospect who has the potential to be a perrennial 25g-25a guy (IMO, that's about what I think his reasonable potential is), and that gives him quite a bit of value. He's basically going to be a cheap winger for at least his ELC which is what CHI needs. I think they would be crazy to trade him away for Jagr, as I think they were incredibly fortunate to draft him where he fell. Or maybe I'm just a lot higher on Debrincat than most, lol.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Evander Kane is your guy

Not sure how the Hawks could take on 5.250 cap hit
Kane is -11 and around .5 pt/gm
Though I think there could be some potential for him to finally mature and produce I don't see a fit with the cap. Who would we trade?
Kruger is 3 M, Seabrook is 6.875 for another 7
It would have to be Seabs going your way but he has a NMC.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
To trade Eberle you would have to take back Seabrook. I doubt the Oilers do this.

Is RNH in the same boat as Eberle where the Oilers would want to move them? Production is down but that is not a be all end all.

No, not in the same boat. Some (few) Oilers fans want RNH moved, but they've mostly never been a fan of his. I don't think too many people who used to like him want to move him now. His supporters still like him, and that's the majority, despite lower-than-usual production.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No, not in the same boat. Some (few) Oilers fans want RNH moved, but they've mostly never been a fan of his. I don't think too many people who used to like him want to move him now. His supporters still like him, and that's the majority, despite lower-than-usual production.

Ok thanks.

Would the Oilers move Eberle for Seabrook? Something tells me the wouldn't but they do need D.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Jannik Hansen

Guy is incredibly fast.
Very good ES production.
Put up 20+ goals last year playing with scrubs
Has a great two-way game and tons of grit.
Can play either wing
Can play anywhere in the lineup.

If he played a full year on Towes wing he's probably score 25 goals, 50 pts and provide responsible sound coverage in his own zone

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Jannik Hansen

Guy is incredibly fast.
Very good ES production.
Put up 20+ goals last year playing with scrubs
Has a great two-way game and tons of grit.
Can play either wing
Can play anywhere in the lineup.

If he played a full year on Towes wing he's probably score 25 goals, 50 pts and provide responsible sound coverage in his own zone

But at what cost?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Hannick at 33% retained for Gustafson and and 3rd. Gus is Expansion draft exempt and has been or best d man in Rockford and was pretty good for about 6 weeks last year (his rookie year) and then lost a little confidence. OFF d man.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Can they really afford to bring in an upgrade? It would almost certainly need to be an expiring contract. Any word on what Arizona would want for Radim Vrbata? That seems like the kind of player that it would need to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad