Chicago Defeats Nashville 4 games to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
If the Hawks can consistently play like they did in the last 2 periods, they can win it all again. If they play as inconsistent as they did this series, they won't get past the Wild or Blues.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
No shame in losing to Chicago, that's a brutal round 1 draw. Solid series for the Hawks in spite of the goaltending questions, great game by the big guns when it was time to close it out.

Congrats to the Preds on a great season, tough to lose Weber like that, but they'll be a top team for the forseeable future. Better luck next year.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Sounds like luck to me. That's really what it comes down to in this sport. Aside from the skill, you do need luck to win. It's the same in baseball.

It's not really an insult towards the Hawks or any other team for that matter. It's just a reality. The Hawks have had a lot of luck the last 7 years, more so than a lot of other teams.

Good teams make their own luck, there is a reason the Kings/Hawks have won all the cups the last 3 years..

Both teams are money in O.T, (playoff O.T ) and they only time they lose in O.T is when they played each other.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Is there a point where Poile ceases to be seen as a good GM? He's been there for 16 seasons and his teams have won a grand total of 2 playoff series. I know he's never had all that much to work from, and I do think he's a good hockey guy, but that's a pretty damning record.

Would be tough to find another GM that has survived such a long tenure with such a mediocre record.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
miserable feeling right now maybe someday this team will find a heart come playoffs. Rinne needs to be shipped Edmonton for a first round pick in 2016. He cannot win a big game.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Is there a point where Poile ceases to be seen as a good GM? He's been there for 16 seasons and his teams have won a grand total of 2 playoff series. I know he's never had all that much to work from, and I do think he's a good hockey guy, but that's a pretty damning record.

Would be tough to find another GM that has survived such a long tenure with such a mediocre record.

Probably not for a few years, the rebuild just ended and we made our goal of making the playoffs. Doubt he gets canned anytime soon especially not after the Forsberg trade.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hats off to the Predators.

Every game was competitive, except for the ones you blew us out. :laugh:

And without your #1D too.

Impressive performance all around.

Karlsson2Turris*

The rebuild in Nashville is complete after losing Suter. Back to being a top team with the emergence of Josi and Forsberg

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Hawks were fortunate to win this series. No Weber for most of the series and Fisher only came back the last two games. They're both big difference makers for the Preds.

I'm glad we actually scored 4 goals, Preds played really well in this game. I thought it was over after that 3-1 lead.

Great series though. The Preds have a really bright future. So many young players that will be part of a true cup contender these next few years. Hell of a series really, can't say that enough. Good luck in the future!

If you say so Mr. White knight

Yet another wrong prediction!

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
good series, hawks move on and better play more consistently vs the blues or wild...Preds are only gonna get better.....that D core is crazy good....best in the NHL as far as offensive Dcore is concerned....

seth jones is gonna be a GEM

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Kind of find it funny this place whines about the media overhyping Toews when all the talk this series was
about him not doing well in the faceoff circle (fair point) and not the fact he now leads Playoff scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad