Oct 23: Blackhawks 2 - 3 Predators
Dec 06: Blackhawks 3 - 1 Predators
Dec 29: Blackhawks 5 - 4 (SO) Predators

This one should be a dandy.

CCXoxNOW4AIPxoy.png

Last edited by a moderator:

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Not really confident at all in the Preds heading into the playoffs but crazier things have happened. Chicago doesn't have the invincible aura this season. It wouldn't shock me to see this series go six or seven competitive games.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This will be a good series but Chicago will take this. I'll predict in 6 games.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Vegas has Chicago as significant favorite.

I like the Hawks to win here but I think there's going to be some serious underestimation of the Preds (despite home ice advantage) which they may use as fuel.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Given the Hawks ability to turn it up during the playoffs plus the Preds kind of stumbling into the playoffs down the stretch I have to go with the Hawks in 6. However if there is a goalie in the West that could steal a series it is Rinne. When he is on it is scary.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Patrick Kane status?

Participating in practices and not yet cleared for contact, so nobody knows for sure.

That being said, there've been a lot of little hints and rumors that Kane could be a lot closer to being ready than we were initially lead to believe, but then again considering that the original timetable had him back sometime in the Conference Finals, being back by game 1 of the 2nd round would be well ahead of schedule, so possibly out for the series.

My honest hunch....? Kane's back for game 3.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Participating in practices and not yet cleared for contact, so nobody knows for sure.

That being said, there've been a lot of little hints and rumors that Kane could be a lot closer to being ready than we were initially lead to believe, but then again considering that the original timetable had him back sometime in the Conference Finals, being back by game 1 of the 2nd round would be well ahead of schedule, so possibly out for the series.

My honest hunch....? Kane's back for game 3.

Kane took contact today. There is a video on twitter I can't find now.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I like the Hawks to win here but I think there's going to be some serious underestimation of the Preds (despite home ice advantage) which they may use as fuel.

I don't think home ice matters in this series since the Hawks are great on the road and the game's in NSH are 50/50.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Vegas has Chicago as significant favorite.

As they should be. The combination of the Preds coming down the stretch playing bad hockey and Chicago's pedigree and core being the same core that has brought two cups. Preds are huge underdogs.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Preds' recent middling play is meaningless once the puck drops this coming week. For it's a new season, and a best-of-seven has nothing in common with a schedule of random games vs. different teams.

What matters is who is the better team.

Hawks in six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad