Chicago... Chromehawks? Maybe an indication of Stadium Series jersey?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Specialty chrome logos for all the Stadium Series teams have been unveiled. Here's Chicago's...

blackhawks-chrome-lg_slide.jpg

If you don't like it, for inexplicable reasons like you being a monster, just be happy that we didn't get the Isles treatment.

islanders-chrome-lg_slide.jpg

Hopefully not a precursor of what their logo will look like in Brooklyn, because the word mark by itself is surprisingly dull...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gallerylanding.htm?id=39902

Last edited:

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Big ol' MEH on the Hawks logo. Not my style, but doesn't look terrible.

The Kings' crown looks great in Chrome. The Rangers look pretty good too.

The Islanders got shafted in a big way. The Devils don't look much better.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Gotta see what the jerseys look like until I can judge it. Looks like something you could make in Photoshop with about an hour's work.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I heard the Ducks were using their 1993-94 set. Why is it that Jersey's chrome logo is the Christmas one and Anaheim's is modern?

I get really crazy about sports logos and uniforms. It's a ridiculously weird passion of mine.

IU is on the right track with the promotional aspect of this.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I heard the Ducks were using their 1993-94 set. Why is it that Jersey's chrome logo is the Christmas one and Anaheim's is modern?

I get really crazy about sports logos and uniforms. It's a ridiculously weird passion of mine.

IU is on the right track with the promotional aspect of this.

I'm right with you on uniforms and logos. This promotional stuff though doesn't really get my fancy.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, one potentially troubling piece of info...

In fact, someone with knowledge of the Stadium Series jersey designs recently described them to me as "futuristic." Later, another source told me the NHL and Reebok took the lead designing them. The teams were merely "consulted" as opposed to being directly involved.
http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/11/12/chrome-logos-for-stadium-series.html

Let's just hope that Reebok doesn't go too far off the reservation with their designs, especially when all they need to do is whip out the old (non-WC) black alt make most Chicago fans happy.

And not going to lie, I probably would buy a six pack of Blackhawks Coors if they were available, because I am an idiot like that.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI

Let's just hope that Reebok doesn't go too far off the reservation with their designs, especially when all they need to do is whip out the old (non-WC) black alt make most Chicago fans happy.

And not going to lie, I probably would buy a six pack of Blackhawks Coors if they were available, because I am an idiot like that.

They're all gonna skate out there as Tommy Hawk.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL

All signs point to these jerseys looking like trash.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
All signs point to these jerseys looking like trash.

Hey, as long as they're not as bad as the NBA's upcoming Xmas jerseys.

nba-christmas-jerseys-with-sleeves-elite-daily.png

Yes, those are sleeves. And yes, those are just copy and pastes of each other for the most part. And yes again, they are going to be worn in an actual game.

Alone makes me glad that I'm not an NBA fan. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad